Sign in to follow this  
Archaic17

A Taoist Routine... HELP!

Hello.

My name is Brandon i am 18 years old i have been facinated with the Taoist way of life sense i was 16

but i am just now starting to make it a part of my lifestyle

i need a solid routine in which i can base my life around and commit to everyday

i dont know where to start...

i know i want to still my mind and

I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO CONTROL AND MANIPULATE MY BODIES INTERNAL ENERGIES.

what is a good everyday routine to help me reach my goal...

what should i do EVERYDAY

i have in mind that i should wake up

clean up

do chores

do my Sun Salutations (Surya Namaskara)

exercise

run

eat

Meditate..

thats just basic i need some feed back PLEASE!

my main problem is keeping my mind on one thing

and staying the course of my routine i am easily distracted and led astray

please help me

thx

Brandon Pearson

aka Archaic

i need a solid routine in which i can base my life around and commit to everyday

Taiji is a great place to start. Find a good teacher.

Looks like you've got a nice routine already in place. Nothing wrong with sun salutations at all, I'm a yoga guy myself. If you want to be more "taoist" then taichi or qigong could be substituted for the salutations, although in the end they are all good. Go with the option where you can find a teacher in your hometown. The Taobums is littered with posts of young guys getting carried away with sexual energy and getting themselves in trouble, learn from their mistakes. Trunk's mega blog/site is filled with common sense in the energy cultivation department, check it out. I would add some reading time to your day and work your way through the Taoist classics. Welcome aboard.

edit; spelling

Edited by Eric23

Hi

Just get started with a practise that you like!

To make it a daily routine migth take some time. The distractions and not focused mentallity you feel you have will dissapear. The reason for this is that some of the practises themself help you to be more focused and centered.

Be patient to yourself. Let the process take its course. Don't have to much preconsived ideas about how your practise must be, it will form ower time.

Keep in contact and good luck with your interest.

F D

I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO CONTROL AND MANIPULATE MY BODIES INTERNAL ENERGIES.

Are you sure that's what you want? The body self-regulates the internal energies, so that you can feel good and normal. The more you mess with it, the worse off you get.

Agree with Scotty.

Rather than trying to manipulate internal energies, just care for them. They are called the 3 treasures. Treat them as such and you'll be sweet. In simple terms, avoid excess, and extremes - work towards balance and harmony and things will be good.

Agree with Scotty.

Rather than trying to manipulate internal energies, just care for them. They are called the 3 treasures. Treat them as such and you'll be sweet. In simple terms, avoid excess, and extremes - work towards balance and harmony and things will be good.

Great post.

Welcome to the TaoBums Archaic17

I would definately add some causal Taiji to the mix (and later turn it into causal daily taiji) or qigong. I also like Eric23 suggestion of reading the classics. You never really understand how many times you end up going back to the classics after you've already read them.

You can always start out slow if it helps you pick up speed later.

Edited by WhiteTiger

Sign in to follow this