kr4zyac3

3 souls 7 spirits

Have anyone heard of the 3 souls 7 spirits saying? Or otherwise known as in chinese as 3 hun 7 po. I personally think that human only have one soul because if we were to have 3 souls then that means that there are three individual inside the body so that's means that I wouldn't be the only one controlling my body, but apparently I am controlling my body and is fully aware of what is happenning. It is said that 3 hun is separated into three soul: heaven soul, earth soul, and human soul. That when a person died, the heaven soul goes back to heaven, earth soul goes to the underworld for judgment like if they should be punish or reward for their deed when they were alive, and the human soul reside at their grave. There is a problem with this and that is if a person does wrong in life and should be punish in the underworld then how come the earth soul is always the one that goes to hell for judgment and the other soul didn't get punish or rewarded? The heaven soul just go to heaven without even caring about the deed that the person does in life. That is unequal and doesn't seem to fit the dao. It is also said that when a person reincarnate then the 3 hun will get together again for reincarnation, but there is a problem. It is believe in feng shui that when a person is buried in a auspicious place then its offspring will benefit like getting rich and stuff. And the reason for this is that the human soul from the 3 hun is living in a good place with auspicious qi that it can help its offspring out. According to the taoist or buddhism, when a person died at the time that they were supposed to then they will get reincarnate. Then that would means that the 3 hun will go reincarnate so there wouldn't be a human soul in the grave to attain the auspicious qi to help its decendents so how can people still get benefit? So can anyone here give me a logical explanations to the saying 3 hun 7 po?

One soul is not equal to one individual...

3 hun (3 souls) are your left, right brain and the special glade in the center, one take cares of physical stuff, one take care of emotional stuff and one take care of yuor communication with nature.

• Like 1

One soul is not equal to one individual...

3 hun (3 souls) are your left, right brain and the special glade in the center, one take cares of physical stuff, one take care of emotional stuff and one take care of yuor communication with nature.

So all three of them makes up an individual? So does that mean when we died, there is only one of us coming out of the body right? Give me some more info. Thanks

My intention behind this post is general inquisitiveness, in that I may glean some additional information.

Hun when spoken of in that way generally mean all three together. Or at least that is what I have heard and read.

Curious, was there a specific oral tradition that was given with relation to your comment about hun being connected to specific parts of the brain?

Have anyone heard of the 3 souls 7 spirits saying? Or otherwise known as in chinese as 3 hun 7 po. I personally think that human only have one soul because if we were to have 3 souls then that means that there are three individual inside the body so that's means that I wouldn't be the only one controlling my body, but apparently I am controlling my body and is fully aware of what is happenning. It is said that 3 hun is separated into three soul: heaven soul, earth soul, and human soul. That when a person died, the heaven soul goes back to heaven, earth soul goes to the underworld for judgment like if they should be punish or reward for their deed when they were alive, and the human soul reside at their grave. There is a problem with this and that is if a person does wrong in life and should be punish in the underworld then how come the earth soul is always the one that goes to hell for judgment and the other soul didn't get punish or rewarded? The heaven soul just go to heaven without even caring about the deed that the person does in life. That is unequal and doesn't seem to fit the dao. It is also said that when a person reincarnate then the 3 hun will get together again for reincarnation, but there is a problem. It is believe in feng shui that when a person is buried in a auspicious place then its offspring will benefit like getting rich and stuff. And the reason for this is that the human soul from the 3 hun is living in a good place with auspicious qi that it can help its offspring out. According to the taoist or buddhism, when a person died at the time that they were supposed to then they will get reincarnate. Then that would means that the 3 hun will go reincarnate so there wouldn't be a human soul in the grave to attain the auspicious qi to help its decendents so how can people still get benefit? So can anyone here give me a logical explanations to the saying 3 hun 7 po?

Sorry I have give quick response. Hun and Po are apart of the Heart-mind(xin), that is birthed from the Trinity or some times called Binary soul aka Vesica Pisces. The hell part is a Buddhist influence as there are no hells in Taoism just different Heavens. Most of the Buddhist and Confucian influence was all about anti yin earth or women. They even said that the energy body was all yang and that was the goal. Like you can ever divorce the two. Reincarnation was another Buddhist influence. The Taoist and also western mystery schools have a concept of micro and macro cosmos as well and the concept of over souls (large collectives) Aka all things have souls. So you can connect with the soul essences or Jing Chi Shen of your knee and ask it to heal its self and you can provide the unconditional love that it needs or the allowance for change. Feng Shui is a an art for the dead, if your ancestors rest well then they will influence you in a positive manor. The bones/jing of the dead still resonate strong with there living relatives.

I would read these.

http://www.healingtaousa.com/pdf/39.pdf

http://www.acupuncturetoday.com/mpacms/at/...le.php?id=28516

http://www.acupuncturetoday.com/mpacms/at/...le.php?id=28537

So all three of them makes up an individual? So does that mean when we died, there is only one of us coming out of the body right? Give me some more info. Thanks

As I understand it, (although I'm no teacher, nor a master but what I've read is as follows) your true self is shown through the Middle Dan. When one knows your "true self", in its nature we should also have the ability to empathize with all other humans.

The western word "soul" more closely represents just the Human Soul. While often we think of it having little connection with, completely with, the physical self. Which is represented as the Earth Soul.

Edited by WhiteTiger

I tend to think of this in a manner somewhat analogous to the Christian idea of the Trinity. We have one soul, but it manifests in 3 different aspects. The 3 aspects are not always in balance, and are not always manifesting in the same relative amounts. But ultimately, they are still one. That's my take on it, anyway.

Mak tin si's signature is glorious!!

Yeah, I haven't seen anything that made me cringe more then that thing

There is one hun and one po in Daoist terminology. That 3 and 7 is taught in Neigong 1, it is related with the technique of storing yang qi in dantian. Since I am not an expert on subject that is all I can say. My humble advice do not focus on this 3/7 subject, no practical use if you will find a real Leishan Dao master to teach you. Even if you find that master, be aware of the health risks.

Whoever wrote that 'Afterlife and the Non Being Self' piece REALLY needs to get out a bit more.

Edited by GrandmasterP