Sign in to follow this  
Afromojo

Announcement: NEW FORUM!

I would like to invite you all to a new Taoism Forum.

REAL TAOISM

Here we are trying to cater to all of Taoism and help intereseted ones understand and enjoy real taoism.

Remember it is people who make a forum great! We definately would like to see you great people.

What's "real taoism" and how does it differ to other forms of taoism and what are they?

Oh ha ha! Thats just the name of the forum.

Youre welcome to join if you like and try it out. We are just starting and we dont have many members yet.

If you start posting they will come :)

We dont make any miraculous claims or use airy speech about ourselves. Just people trying to make a difference.

Thanks, but I think I'll post my thoughts here. You know, the great thing about The Tao Bums is that it's a forum about taoism. :D

I'll just take down my original post since I took a second look at it and it does radiate negative energy. Good luck to everyone.

Edited by Spiritual_Aspirant

Oh ha ha! Thats just the name of the forum.

Youre welcome to join if you like and try it out. We are just starting and we dont have many members yet.

If you start posting they will come :)

We dont make any miraculous claims or use airy speech about ourselves. Just people trying to make a difference.

Who is "we"? Do you teach any Taoist arts in the real world? Whats your background? Tell us about yourself!

The reason for this post is that I wish to share what I know about the forum members to the best of my abilities, and that I wish to answer your questions in the most satisfying way possible. It is my hope we can provide a place that is Taoist that shows true compassion and is what we strive for, while balancing it with knowledge and wisdom. We don't like cliquish behaviour.

It was said that there is no other forum like TaoBums, and it will continue to be so.

It was said that there is no other forum on Taoism, except TaoBums.

Now there is RealTaoism and everyone has enough room to share.

I know you are a thinker and very intelligent and do your research, just like I do Darin.

Personally I dont teach, However some of our members are very knowledgable, and have done their research also, just as I and you have.

Edit May 4th 2009: We have just had a teacher join our forum.

As for guidelines regarding posting, we have our forum guidlines which also requires registration if a monastic/priest:

http://realtaoism.freeforums.org/post9.html#p9

Personal information? As youve seen People can take any personal information and run with it. Our intentions are to provide a safe haven for all our members and do not advocate personal information being posted on the forum.

However there is enough room if some of you wish to teach. In fact we may have a few comming to our forum soon. :)

Edited by Afromojo

Afromojo,

Cool new forum you have there! I sort of get the vibe that you all want to make a fresh start and change the vibe from TTBs so I'll stay out of the party to help you do that!

Your pal,

Yoda

Afromojo,

Cool new forum you have there! I sort of get the vibe that you all want to make a fresh start and change the vibe from TTBs so I'll stay out of the party to help you do that!

Your pal,

Yoda

*shrugs*

Or you could just try it out. :)

Our attempt is to make it a place for all Taoism, free from troubles.

As of right now it sounds like there is no moderation, we are trying to provide a place to share knowledge and enjoy fellowship.

Edited by Afromojo

Sign in to follow this