Sign in to follow this  
Chi kung apprentice

How close are you to your top energy levels?

I would like to know who answered 300% of energy and growing!!!

Well it seems that we all practice Chi Kung and Tai Chi as our main source of youth

But which others do you practice on a regular basis?

Any results to consider or Chi Kung is the responsible of 90% of the results in the 90% of the cases?

OVER 9000!!!

More seriously, I have no idea of my potential, so to vote any option in your poll would be wrong.

What's helped me the most, of the options, is mind training, namely, Richard Bandler's DHE 2000, also, simple acceptance of thoughts a la Eckhart Tolle and Genpo Roshi

I couldn't vote for what I thought.

Recently I have been feeling about 75% good. Mostly due to lingering negative effects from various spiritual practices (kundalini yoga, kunlun, spontaneous qigong...all not good to me).

I think physical exercise like jogging, stretching, and lifting weights is best for physical health. Even walking is great, if you can't or don't want to jog. Qigong or taiji are not ideal for health (yes, I said it!), but they can have some nice effects...just incomplete.

What has helped me most mentally is going through a bunch of crap, and learning from my experiences. For instance, seeing the human side of a guru type figure. Or finding out that the claims of a practice weren't up to par and actually may have been lies, through my own personal experience. Or being neglected or mistreated by a friend (or even just a stranger), and knowing that it sucks, so that I don't do it to others.

The only thing written in books that has been useful is, "treat others like you'd want them to treat you". And also, "This too shall pass". Everything else is a waste of time.

Recently I have been feeling about 75% good. Mostly due to lingering negative effects from various spiritual practices (kundalini yoga, kunlun, spontaneous qigong...all not good to me).

I think physical exercise like jogging, stretching, and lifting weights is best for physical health. Even walking is great, if you can't or don't want to jog. Qigong or taiji are not ideal for health (yes, I said it!), but they can have some nice effects...just incomplete.

What has helped me most mentally is going through a bunch of crap, and learning from my experiences. For instance, seeing the human side of a guru type figure. Or finding out that the claims of a practice weren't up to par and actually may have been lies, through my own personal experience. Or being neglected or mistreated by a friend (or even just a stranger), and knowing that it sucks, so that I don't do it to others.

The only thing written in books that has been useful is, "treat others like you'd want them to treat you". And also, "This too shall pass". Everything else is a waste of time.

Wow Scotty, THAT WAS REALLY a HOT ANSWER.

Over all I think it is very important to recognise which disciplines or techniques were not so good as suppossed

That happened to me with most of "New Age Books" talking about Ascendent Masters and "I Am" affirmations, that after almost 10 years of diligent practice, I had to say "well or this is all wrong or at least does not work for me"

Thanks for answering, that was a controversial point of view

The only thing written in books that has been useful is, "treat others like you'd want them to treat you".

Must have been somewhere 1994 as a sociology prof. pointed out that others do not necessarily want to be treated by you the same way you'd love to be treated by them" (learned that lesson several times myself)... so if you take into the formula: "treat others the way they'd like to be treated" and get a proper mixture out of it... then it could be you are on the right track...

This too shall pass is a nice one though... tough still if one is in the middle of it.

:)

Harry

I think I may have a chakra out-of-line or leaking some energy...

How do you properly align, orient and spin your chakras? How can you check what their condition is like?

This site seems to make some sense, although it also creeps me out since it credits the info essentially from "Satan." I "guess" that doesn't necessarily make the info inherently "evil," as info is info, right? Anyhow, it basically says that all chakras should generally be pointed inward towards the heart, unless you are purposely directing some energy outwards.

I guess this does seem to somewhat square with most traditional depictions of chakras, though:

chakra1.gif

The original Tai chi (Chen tai chi) Invloved some pretty strenuous movements. Todays tai chi is not the same. Also diet plays a large role in health. Also I do not believe Jogging is in anyway good for health and can actually be bad for your heart! Weights are but it depends how you do it as they can cause some serious issues. You can definatley overdu weights really fast and actually reduce immune function. Stretching is good but misses the strong in that range of motion component. Also alot of taoist OLD taoist used chi gung and Well (tai chi) as well as other joint mobility type stuff in conjunction with diet and lived really long (they probably did martial arts too). I think something like scott sonnons system (does'nt have to be him) and martial arts is the way to go in terms of exercise. Why do you not think qigong and tai chi are not good for health? So Do you think the MCO is a waste of time? (yeah I know that last one came out of nowhere im just trying to get as much info on it as i can and look at alternatives)

:P

You need an option for 'don't know'. How can I possibly know how potentially strong my energy could be? As with all things to do with human potential and what we are capable of... the ideas we have are expanded so frequently. I just know that every day my energetic state improves. Who knows whether there is an upper limit to this process.

Sunshine,

Must have been somewhere 1994 as a sociology prof. pointed out that others do not necessarily want to be treated by you the same way you'd love to be treated by them" (learned that lesson several times myself)... so if you take into the formula: "treat others the way they'd like to be treated" and get a proper mixture out of it... then it could be you are on the right track...

Haha!

Well that's interesting...I don't know what to think of it. There are different kinds of things we want...to put it very simply: short term and long term. For example, in the short term, I want everyone to treat me like king of the world. But in the long term I realize that this would blow my ego way out of proportion and I'd end up abusing my power. So if someone were to treat me the way I would want to be treated, I have to ask...which "me"? The short term one will be pissed if he's not treated like king. The long term one will be pissed that he is!

Anyway the way you put it has got me thinking...

Thanks!

Anyway the way you put it has got me thinking...

:) Same with me the time it happened... still thinking :)

You need an option for 'don't know'. How can I possibly know how potentially strong my energy could be? As with all things to do with human potential and what we are capable of... the ideas we have are expanded so frequently. I just know that every day my energetic state improves. Who knows whether there is an upper limit to this process.

Yes. I feel great, but everyday I get a little better so it's hard to know if I'm at 98% or 2% :)

I was much more "go with the flow" when I was in college and everything in my life was pure perfection (synchronicity galore, abundant energy, and I was at the top of my discipline with scholarship people throwing money at me). It was a hard lesson to learn that it is easier to go with the flow when everything is going right than when everything seems to be going wrong in life (loss of child, job (w/ insurance), and car in three months...). Maybe that was too much personal information, but the point is, I am now getting slowly back into the flow with a much more true and stoic (in the classic sense) perspective on life.

In order for "This too shall pass" to work, you have to remember to remind yourself of it in the good times as well as the bad.

By the way, has anyone tried some HGH (Human Growth Hormone)?

There are homeopatic and allopatic terapies and doses...

I know that the allopatic method is inject it directly via intramuscular.

The homeopatic remedies are cheaper and are only sprays or pills or such, I bought some formulations from

www.alwaysyoung.com , www.bodybuilding.com and such with some results but nothing to be impressed.

Have a good time

The Chi Kung Padawan

OVER 9000!!!

More seriously, I have no idea of my potential, so to vote any option in your poll would be wrong.

What's helped me the most, of the options, is mind training, namely, Richard Bandler's DHE 2000, also, simple acceptance of thoughts a la Eckhart Tolle and Genpo Roshi

So Richard Bandler , huh?

Well It seems its an author I have to give a second chance to...

I read partially frogs into princes time ago and did not like it....I will have to search for the book or course you say...

Exceedingly low. I experience exhaustion everyday. Sleep does not give me the restorative and rejuvenating effects it does to most people.

I haven't felt "not exhausted" in well over a decade.

Guest sykkelpump

Exceedingly low. I experience exhaustion everyday. Sleep does not give me the restorative and rejuvenating effects it does to most people.

That doesnt sound to good.was it the same before you started practice?

Many years ago I had some very low energy levels and LOTS of other symptoms.I started different types of Qi gong.(chia,clyman,deep breathing,zhineng qi gong forced breathing exercises,new energy...... It fucked with my nervous system .Like trying forcing the orbit,spinal breathing,robert bruce new energy system,smiling to the spine.........everything where I directed the energy or trying to control the energy made the symptoms worse,even deep breathing.Then I discovered meditationexpert.com and starting to meditate.And I soon noticed that the energy in the body has its own intelligence and if you have big blocks or low energy circulation the worst thing to do is to trying to control it.you dont know and nobody else knows better then your own body how to correct itself.when you meditate and thoughts slow down and die away.then nothing is interfering with your natural energy circulation and then it starts to grow and blockages starts to open.there is of course possible to direct energy like through MCO,but you have to open the body in a natural way first.otherwise you can do everything worse.some people with good health have a natural good energy circulation can force the orbit open because it already flows better than the average people.They can also learn deep breathing fast and generate heat in dan tien.something that can take years or moore for somebody else.

I just wanted to tell You I have tried everything and meditation was the key for me.Another indicator I discovered is that every method that gives you lower sexual drive/feeling was wrong.The more the orbit opened the more it increased.In zhang zhuang you dont direct anything,and it is good for the circulation.But I think meditation is the basic.personally I like white skeleton meditation and falun gong(includes zhang zhuan).

I dont know what you have practiced,maybe you have done meditation and zhang zhuang for a decade lol.If not I honestly think it the best way to improve your health.And of course do some physical exercise.

That doesnt sound to good.was it the same before you started practice?

Many years ago I had some very low energy levels and LOTS of other symptoms.I started different types of Qi gong.(chia,clyman,deep breathing,zhineng qi gong forced breathing exercises,new energy...... It fucked with my nervous system .Like trying forcing the orbit,spinal breathing,robert bruce new energy system,smiling to the spine.........everything where I directed the energy or trying to control the energy made the symptoms worse,even deep breathing.Then I discovered meditationexpert.com and starting to meditate.And I soon noticed that the energy in the body has its own intelligence and if you have big blocks or low energy circulation the worst thing to do is to trying to control it.you dont know and nobody else knows better then your own body how to correct itself.when you meditate and thoughts slow down and die away.then nothing is interfering with your natural energy circulation and then it starts to grow and blockages starts to open.there is of course possible to direct energy like through MCO,but you have to open the body in a natural way first.otherwise you can do everything worse.some people with good health have a natural good energy circulation can force the orbit open because it already flows better than the average people.They can also learn deep breathing fast and generate heat in dan tien.something that can take years or moore for somebody else.

I just wanted to tell You I have tried everything and meditation was the key for me.Another indicator I discovered is that every method that gives you lower sexual drive/feeling was wrong.The more the orbit opened the more it increased.In zhang zhuang you dont direct anything,and it is good for the circulation.But I think meditation is the basic.personally I like white skeleton meditation and falun gong(includes zhang zhuan).

I dont know what you have practiced,maybe you have done meditation and zhang zhuang for a decade lol.If not I honestly think it the best way to improve your health.And of course do some physical exercise.

lol, sykkelpump, you sound a lot like an infomercial :lol: "place your order in the next 5 minutes, and you too can get this amazing product" :lol:

SB: don't over think it. Sometimes more practice ISN'T the answer. When you go to sleep (or eat, or anything), LET GO, and go to sleep. Don't worry about energy, or cultivation, or whatever. Give energy practices a rest for a couple of days (weeks?) and start living a life without thinking about all of it. Seriously.

In the "holosync, brain stimulation and jing" thread they're talking about thoughts taking up jing. I think it does. If your whole day is spent thinking about what energy practice you are going to do, if the food you eat is giving you the right energy, where your practice is taking you, etc etc etc, it will tire you out.

I cannot stress how important it is to.... stop stressing.

I used to do a lot of work with lucid dreaming, which involved a lot of "being aware", centering my awareness, etc etc. I had tons of lucid dreams in a very short amount of time, yes, but I was tired ALL THE TIME. I was always "on", even in sleep! So I decided to quit worrying about it and have a more "relaxed" awareness. I actually feel well rested when I get up in the morning!

So, cutting it short before it gets too long.... take a break. Come back to it fresh, and don't do anything that will make you "tense" (physically or mentally), it just drains your energy.

Guest sykkelpump

lol, sykkelpump, you sound a lot like an infomercial :lol: "place your order in the next 5 minutes, and you too can get this amazing product" :lol:

SB: don't over think it. Sometimes more practice ISN'T the answer. When you go to sleep (or eat, or anything), LET GO, and go to sleep. Don't worry about energy, or cultivation, or whatever. Give energy practices a rest for a couple of days (weeks?) and start living a life without thinking about all of it. Seriously.

In the "holosync, brain stimulation and jing" thread they're talking about thoughts taking up jing. I think it does. If your whole day is spent thinking about what energy practice you are going to do, if the food you eat is giving you the right energy, where your practice is taking you, etc etc etc, it will tire you out.

I cannot stress how important it is to.... stop stressing.

I used to do a lot of work with lucid dreaming, which involved a lot of "being aware", centering my awareness, etc etc. I had tons of lucid dreams in a very short amount of time, yes, but I was tired ALL THE TIME. I was always "on", even in sleep! So I decided to quit worrying about it and have a more "relaxed" awareness. I actually feel well rested when I get up in the morning!

So, cutting it short before it gets too long.... take a break. Come back to it fresh, and don't do anything that will make you "tense" (physically or mentally), it just drains your energy.And by the way meditation is the best method giving thoughts a rest

I was trying to inform,and I have no product.If you really feel bad all the time,you cant just let go and live your life and everything will go away.it might work if you are a hypochondriac.

And by the way meditation is the best way of giving thoughts a rest.Thoughts dont rest even in sleep

Edited by sykkelpump

I was trying to inform,and I have no product.If you really feel bad all the time,you cant just let go and live your life and everything will go away.it might work if you are a hypochondriac.

And by the way meditation is the best way of giving thoughts a rest.Thoughts dont rest even in sleep

I was just joking :P c'mon

And I'm not saying to just ignore it and hope everything will go away. I'm saying that you need to give your mind a rest and step back from the problem. Get the big picture. If you are already exhausted from what you are doing, doing more of it won't help.

Thoughts are a big drain on energy, yes, but thinking about your thoughts and how they are such a drain only makes the problem worse :lol: so if you can do a practice without thinking about thinking about how it will affect your energy, well then there you go :P but you can't do it when you are in such close proximity to the problem, which is why you need to take a break and step back.

At least, that's been my experience. :)

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Sign in to follow this