Sign in to follow this  
Trixter Streetcat

Energy work and mind control

alright, so I have been reading a book, "Mind Control" by Dr Haha Lung and Christopher Prowant, which got me thinking on the relationship between energy use and mind control.

I want to make it clear that I do not question the existence of a Universal Energy. I personally do believe in Reiki or "Universal Energy", a sort of energetic expression of the Godhead. This is of course a personal belief. However, I do wonder at times how "real" the use of that energy may be. Is it possible that Reiki could be an (essentially benevolent) way to "trick" someone else into believing that a series of gestures will tackle EXACTLY the problem to which you seek a solution? I have always closely linked that "Universal Energy" with "Universal Conscience", often to the point in which I think they are basically interchangeable. Is it possible that Reiki could simply be a "consciousness transfer", in which i transfer into you, recipient, my belief in the fact that this "Universal Energy" (however "real" it may be) will cure you of whatever you need curing?

I see how, even if this were the case, this "consciousness transfer" would still be in all practical terms an "energetic transfer". I was wondering what other healers and martial artists thought about this. how closely related is energy use and mind control? In reiki, we say you do not need to believe in order to benefit from a treatment, yet that may also be a form of mind control.

how do you see energy? is it a truly, purely "material" "STUFF"? or is it a purely mental construct that manifests (or can manifest) itself physically? are these essentially the same things? does energy actually "shoot out" of your hands when you're channeling, or is it a purely mental reaction, within yourself, your recipient or opponent and the universe itself?

I think I'v answered my own question. I don't know if this is clear. I'll still put this forward to see what you people think.

thanks for replies!

alright, so I have been reading a book, "Mind Control" by Dr Haha Lung and Christopher Prowant, which got me thinking on the relationship between energy use and mind control.

I want to make it clear that I do not question the existence of a Universal Energy. I personally do believe in Reiki or "Universal Energy", a sort of energetic expression of the Godhead. This is of course a personal belief. However, I do wonder at times how "real" the use of that energy may be. Is it possible that Reiki could be an (essentially benevolent) way to "trick" someone else into believing that a series of gestures will tackle EXACTLY the problem to which you seek a solution? I have always closely linked that "Universal Energy" with "Universal Conscience", often to the point in which I think they are basically interchangeable. Is it possible that Reiki could simply be a "consciousness transfer", in which i transfer into you, recipient, my belief in the fact that this "Universal Energy" (however "real" it may be) will cure you of whatever you need curing?

I see how, even if this were the case, this "consciousness transfer" would still be in all practical terms an "energetic transfer". I was wondering what other healers and martial artists thought about this. how closely related is energy use and mind control? In reiki, we say you do not need to believe in order to benefit from a treatment, yet that may also be a form of mind control.

how do you see energy? is it a truly, purely "material" "STUFF"? or is it a purely mental construct that manifests (or can manifest) itself physically? are these essentially the same things? does energy actually "shoot out" of your hands when you're channeling, or is it a purely mental reaction, within yourself, your recipient or opponent and the universe itself?

I think I'v answered my own question. I don't know if this is clear. I'll still put this forward to see what you people think.

thanks for replies!

Qigong healing works on animals - they don't think about it. So not related to mind.

Qigong healing works on animals - they don't think about it. So not related to mind.

This merely reveals your conceptions with regard to mind. Your statement has nothing to do with mind as it actually is, but only with how you currently understand it.

This merely reveals your conceptions with regard to mind. Your statement has nothing to do with mind as it actually is, but only with how you currently understand it.

You are certainly an amusing dude ( as in I find what you say about mind amusing). Please explain to me how the animal's mind has anything to do with this. I await your edification.

Edited by Ya Mu

If you could control your own mind, then controlling the minds of others would probably become irrelevant.

Could it be said if one doesnt understand anything but how the mind relates to things could be an obstacle if one does not know how to percieve anything differently?

There are many different kinds of energies, some less subtle, ie. more like stuff, some more subtle.

What ya mu says is qigong works on animals and therefore is not some kind of hypnosis using some kind of ritual and suggestion.

Mind control has many facets and methods. It usually involves in inducing light trance and communication of some suggestion.

Qigong is for healing.

yes, but reiki (as well as some chi kung) also works with positive thinking, visualization, and an inevitable trance from relaxation. mind you, it wouldn't be me "mind controlling" my patient, it would essentially be the recipient positively mind controlling himself, with the help of a ritualized series of gestures that would perhaps empower his own (positive) mind control.

mind you, that would be exactly the same thing as an "energy" exchange. i'm just waiting for someone to tell me it's essentially the same thing. doesn't "energy go where consciousness flows"? even mind control is energy exchange, in my opinion! of course, the energy can be tainted by bad intention just as mind control can be wrongly used with bad intention. in the case of healing you are only facilitating an exchange between the recipient's and the universal mind (=energy). that would be the reason someone will only heal if he himself AND the universe is willing. it would also be a reason why, in reiki (i don't know about qigong healing), a healer could not take credit for healing. the merit is much more the recipient's, and the universe's. all that the healer can do is facilitate the exchange. then it's up to the universe and the patient.

energy and thought seem strangely interchangeable in these situations. i'm not so much into intellectually delving into all of this. all I know is it works, and it's beyond my comprehension, perhaps only for now.

also i'd like everything to fit and make sense with everything else. so that's what I'm trying to do. i might be wrong of course. i would love people to keep giving their opinions on the nature of energy, consciousness, reality, mental process and reality.

cheerio!

I don't mean to burst any bubbles, but Dr. Haha Lung is thought to be a quack and has been de-famed by more than 90% of the people I've heard mention him. You'll find his name all over the internet.

yes, but reiki (as well as some chi kung) also works with positive thinking, visualization, and an inevitable trance from relaxation. mind you, it wouldn't be me "mind controlling" my patient, it would essentially be the recipient positively mind controlling himself, with the help of a ritualized series of gestures that would perhaps empower his own (positive) mind control.

mind you, that would be exactly the same thing as an "energy" exchange. i'm just waiting for someone to tell me it's essentially the same thing. ...

cheerio!

it would essentially be the recipient positively mind controlling himself

Your answer to this is a question. Does your reiki work on animals as well as humans? Yes or No?

i'm just waiting for someone to tell me it's essentially the same thing. ...

see your above answer of yes or no.

Your answer to this is a question. Does your reiki work on animals as well as humans? Yes or No?

see your above answer of yes or no.

Good point Ya Mu. The animals won't get impressed by the taoist clothes that you are wearing or the great lecture full of chinese words that you are giving - it either works or it doesn't. The same test should be used by all the "experts" around here .... If you really believe that you have Fa jin or whatever your claimed abilities are - don't do it on your friends or students but rather try it on a nonbeliever, try it on an animal or an insect. I bet you most of the healers (pranic, qigong, reiki etc) around here can't even make a fly feel better, but if any of you can - please make a video and post it.....

I don't mean to burst any bubbles, but Dr. Haha Lung is thought to be a quack and has been de-famed by more than 90% of the people I've heard mention him. You'll find his name all over the internet.

totally beside the point. besides the fact that since we're talking (on the one hand) about mind control, being quack is about the highest credential you can give me about him.

i'm not particularly into mind controlling people, I just bought the book in an essentially self-defense mindset. most of the information makes sense and checks out. i have a friend who's a hardcore hypnotist, NLP, mind controller etc... that's his thing and it interests me as part of the vast plethora of subjects that do, both the positive AND negative aspects, the latter mostly in reasons of self defense, since i'm not out to hurt or manipulate anyone (basically it comes down to the mentally driven martial art).

like most things, such as chi, mind control can be used for attack/self defense, AS WELL as healing and empowerment.

animals, as well as plants and objects do, in my opinion, react to reiki, basically in the same way that if you, for instance, treat a plant with love (or a child or relationship for that matter), it'll certainly develop much better than if you treat it with lack of affection and even negative attitude. this still doesn't answer my question. to what extent could this be related to the interconnectedness of everything in the universe, the consciousness of the inanimate (i can confirm that a wooden table is still alive, even if the tree's cut up. i am also under the impression that even stones are alive, plastic and other synthetic materials being the exception to the rule)? I'm not trying to divide the concepts, i'm trying to make them meet. "mental" is also perhaps, sadly, a word with many connotations to it, not necessarily equivalent to "consciousness", or even "conscience". i can see why a stone wouldn't have a "mental" aspect. it is though, i believe, somehow "aware" (?) that it is being treated with universal love (??)

i dunno, i guess I see your point. honestly i kind of answered myself this question a while ago. where does the mind end? my girlfriend always tells me the mind is just a "plane" or a "level". i say it depends on WHAT you call the mind. i tend to think the body is inside the mind (as well the rest of the universe), and not the other way around. but it's probably much more middle-ground than that.

thank you everyone for your replies. this is an interesting, thought provoking thread.

Good point Ya Mu. The animals won't get impressed by the taoist clothes that you are wearing or the great lecture full of chinese words that you are giving - it either works or it doesn't. The same test should be used by all the "experts" around here .... If you really believe that you have Fa jin or whatever your claimed abilities are - don't do it on your friends or students but rather try it on a nonbeliever, try it on an animal or an insect. I bet you most of the healers (pranic, qigong, reiki etc) around here can't even make a fly feel better, but if any of you can - please make a video and post it.....

A Fly! Sorry, I don't think they would give much feedback, but it surely would be within the realm of possibilities. A bee may be better as it could give a good buzz.

But horses, dogs and goats respond very well and do demonstrate feedback response with medical qigong treatment. When our mares were pregnant they would get where they would stand around the barn and not want to go outside in the pasture. With a 15 minute treatment they would immediately go on outside to the pasture and start grazing - this would last about 3 weeks then would have to repeat. Have seen good response with horses with hurt legs and back pain where they didn't want to be saddled - after treatment demonstrated much better response. The back pain horses would stand still and let saddle be put on showing no signs of pain.

Had a goat with the equivalent of aids. He would get to where he couldn't stand up. I would do medical qigong for just a few minutes and he would get back up and do fine for about a month, then would have to repeat treatment.

Dogs show immediate effect as well. But I don't publicly work on animals as I run a pain clinic for humans, these are just the animals that hang around my house.

Sign in to follow this