Sign in to follow this  
bakeneko

Transmissions

Okay, maybe this was discussed before...but the past is the past and maybe some positions changed in the time between.

What is your take on transmissions by teachers, masters or people claiming to be one of the two (or both lol)?

Need it? Don't need it? Think it would help? Wish me to shut up and go back into my cave and continue practice?

Edited by bakeneko

Amidst all the "transmission or no?" discussions of the past, I think someone (perhaps trunk), explained it the best.

And that is, when you get a transmission or initiation, it's really you just merging with the thought-stream or vibration of whatever lineage or person you are getting the transmission/empowerment from.

So, not saying it's unnecessary, but it's possible that you can align yourself with the lineage/person simply through your thoughts/actions. All kinds of stories from various lineages talk about people who go on a pilgrimage, or pray at a shrine, and are visited either in real life or in dreams by deities/immortals/various people and receive a transmission directly like that. Everything from spiritual to martial lineages have been started that way (or so they claim).

Just something to think about.

A person getting a transmission should consider what their goals are.

Do you want to attain self realization and liberation...or do you want to gain access to some energy/deity? They are two totally different things, in my opinion.

Edit: one more thing to add...you already have to deal with your own "karma"...I don't see the point of adding someone else's to the mix. It will have nothing to do with your true nature.

Edited by Scotty

I personally like a 5 speed transmission, although I have to admit that the newer automatic transmissions with optimized shift points are better. :D:rolleyes::lol:

So it boils down to do you like optimized shifting?

Sloppy Zhang: Good points! I had some alignment experiences in the past and wondered if there is any big difference. A lot of talk is about transfer of energy etc. But for instance Franz Bardon, even if he draws from "eastern systems", also never really goes into this. His only explanations are about the merging of thought-streams. Needless to say that no one who learned from his books got any direct transfer of energy by him (at least not the way I imagine right now lol).

There is always such a big talk about this...and I was never sure how important it really is. For instance there is this saying by Mantak Chia that his books would be just a invitation and not much going on without transmission.

Well, I never got one and boy, there was A LOT going on. Besides this, even if I could manage to get a course here all I would get would be some teacher (no disrespect for this teacher though)...not the master himself. Would something like this count as transmission then? Hm...

Scotty: Thanks...more food for thought. And I got no fast answers ready....

I personally like a 5 speed transmission, although I have to admit that the newer automatic transmissions with optimized shift points are better. :D:rolleyes::lol:

So it boils down to do you like optimized shifting?

I prefer it manually I think :P

(Yeah, I am a silly German, who likely did not get the joke :lol: )

(Yeah, I am a silly German, who likely did not get the joke :lol: )

I don't really relate to the "transmissions" word. I do awakening qi projection to the students. This projection "lights the fire" and raises the energy body vibration rate. Usually there are profound positive changes for the student because raising the energy body vibration rate increases awareness, contributes to overall well-being, and induces calmness. Students will find that this method gives them an instant connection from which to grow through the cultivation practice.

For me, I had practiced for many years before I received this type of projection. It was the difference in night and day.

This IS a totally different type of qi projection than what I do in clinic for healing.

I can't help but to feel uncomfortable with the word "transmission" from reading posts here.

I don't really relate to the "transmissions" word. I do awakening qi projection to the students. This projection "lights the fire" and raises the energy body vibration rate. Usually there are profound positive changes for the student because raising the energy body vibration rate increases awareness, contributes to overall well-being, and induces calmness. Students will find that this method gives them an instant connection from which to grow through the cultivation practice.

For me, I had practiced for many years before I received this type of projection. It was the difference in night and day.

This IS a totally different type of qi projection than what I do in clinic for healing.

I can't help but to feel uncomfortable with the word "transmission" from reading posts here.

I haven't ever heard of that before!

The nicest transmission I have ever recieved was love energy, and I can't remember how long it was. She just projected to me while I was watching a movie, and it was like: "Suprise!"

I've never felt that way before... I don't know if I ever will again. It was amazing. I can remember details of that day, as bright as it was...

I haven't ever heard of that before!

The nicest transmission I have ever recieved was love energy, and I can't remember how long it was. She just projected to me while I was watching a movie, and it was like: "Suprise!"

I've never felt that way before... I don't know if I ever will again. It was amazing. I can remember details of that day, as bright as it was...

Maybe a form of clarification is needed here?

I mentioned this before, you get transmissions all the time. From watching TV, listening to a conversation, being in nature, taking an education, etc, etc,

A spiritual transmission, as mentioned by Mokana is more like using the teacher's fire to light a fire in the students. You need fire to start fire. This sort of transmission is of energy and information of an energetic character in a higher vibrational rate than your own. There are techniques to open the recipients energy system and Shen, and these may be ritualized. But this is not like a form of obligation where you download a subscription to Windows-whaterver, and then you are stuck with it.

My own experience with transmissions from a teacher is that you are granted access to an informational "channel" of quality of energy and information. It's actually quite difficult to put into words. It's not linear, or causal. It's more like if a happy person sits down with you for a while, you gain access to his or her joy. No strings attached.

But later, when your own "level" of vibration takes over again, (the feeling of a transmission fades and is mostly lost if you do not practice) you still have access to the energetic "pin code", and through this access the quality and state of energy that this particular lineage or lineages of energy contain. This way, you may slip into or tune your internal radio to the channel that transmits this energy and information. And you can work with it.

Most energywork, like meditation and qigong without this "pin code" is like standing infront of the cash machine being forced to figure out a way to get the cash by arbitrarily hitting the numbers on the display. Takes a long time.

to many " " here, sorry.

Just my 2 kroner

h

Edited by hagar

Maybe a form of clarification is needed here?

I mentioned this before, you get transmissions all the time. From watching TV, listening to a conversation, being in nature, taking an education, etc, etc,

A spiritual transmission, as mentioned by Mokana is more like using the teacher's fire to light a fire in the students. You need fire to start fire. This sort of transmission is of energy and information of an energetic character in a higher vibrational rate than your own. There are techniques to open the recipients energy system and Shen, and these may be ritualized. But this is not like a form of obligation where you download a subscription to Windows-whaterver, and then you are stuck with it.

My own experience with transmissions from a teacher is that you are granted access to an informational "channel" of quality of energy and information. It's actually quite difficult to put into words. It's not linear, or causal. It's more like if a happy person sits down with you for a while, you gain access to his or her joy. No strings attached.

But later, when your own "level" of vibration takes over again, (the feeling of a transmission fades and is mostly lost if you do not practice) you still have access to the energetic "pin code", and through this access the quality and state of energy that this particular lineage or lineages of energy contain. This way, you may slip into or tune your internal radio to the channel that transmits this energy and information. And you can work with it.

Most energywork, like meditation and qigong without this "pin code" is like standing infront of the cash machine being forced to figure out a way to get the cash by arbitrarily hitting the numbers on the display. Takes a long time.

to many " " here, sorry.

Just my 2 kroner

h

Reminds me of my Reiki 'attunement' I wonder if I would have been able to access it so quickly without it? I bet not.

Hagar, doesn't this also apply to finding people in projections? If I can remember how that person felt sometimes I justg find myself experiencing a small amount of whatever that person is experiencing, most especially if it is a strong emotion.

Secret Smile! I don't want to send anything not at strong and healthy! :D Although the Reiki works wonders...

to many " " here, sorry.

Just my 2 kroner

h

This is exactly what I do with my students (even though I still don't like the word "transmission") and I like your cash machine analogy. Yes it IS difficult to put into words because the projection/encoding is non-linear and we cannot do anything but talk around non-linear events, never actually talking totally about what it really is. It is the experience itself which demonstrates the totality of the energy event. But you did a good job of linearly describing it.

Also, since you mention the higher vibrational rates, I'll add to your list of everyday "transmissions". When we are around a person of higher vibrational rate we don't have to do anything at all; there is a magnetic induction effect that occurs to help raise our vibrational rate. This is why if you find a teacher of higher vibration that you like it is good to be around them as much as possible. It is also how our society can be changed. The more people who practice cultivation to raise their vibration rate the more the vibration rate of society raises. The only way I see out of our insane world for the masses is to transmute it through this process.

Another thing I'll add is that, once this process has begun you will know things, if you continue to practice you can know more things. But if you quit the practice eventually not only do you forget what you know you forget that you knew.

I have to agree. hmmm.

I notice the level of thought that is being used on "transmission".

Experiences do help. Maybe thats what I should say. Not that everything should be experienced, some things are bad. But experiencing things in this way may not be bad.

Sometimes things are lost in translation, some things are worthy of better words.

Edited by Afromojo

Reminds me of my Reiki 'attunement' I wonder if I would have been able to access it so quickly without it? I bet not.

Hagar, doesn't this also apply to finding people in projections? If I can remember how that person felt sometimes I justg find myself experiencing a small amount of whatever that person is experiencing, most especially if it is a strong emotion.

Secret Smile! I don't want to send anything not at strong and healthy! :D Although the Reiki works wonders...

I really have no experience with projections, so I cannot really say. Yet if I tune into somebody, things, sensations and emptions may come up. One time my teachers senior student sat beside me on a retreat, where we were just watching a demonstration. He sat there and suddenly started making strange breathing sounds, and rubbing his feet and legs intensly.

I realized he was working on me, and said "Thank you"- He said "you're welcome".

My point is that there really is no magic to attuning or even feeling what others feel. When I open, I realize that working on myself, or working on others are really one and the same. When I feel someone's pain, it actually is my pain. And that is how reality is. Really diffuses the separation between the Buddhist adage of ending suffering for all sentient beings with ending suffering for yourself.

h

This is exactly what I do with my students (even though I still don't like the word "transmission") and I like your cash machine analogy. Yes it IS difficult to put into words because the projection/encoding is non-linear and we cannot do anything but talk around non-linear events, never actually talking totally about what it really is. It is the experience itself which demonstrates the totality of the energy event. But you did a good job of linearly describing it.

Also, since you mention the higher vibrational rates, I'll add to your list of everyday "transmissions". When we are around a person of higher vibrational rate we don't have to do anything at all; there is a magnetic induction effect that occurs to help raise our vibrational rate. This is why if you find a teacher of higher vibration that you like it is good to be around them as much as possible. It is also how our society can be changed. The more people who practice cultivation to raise their vibration rate the more the vibration rate of society raises. The only way I see out of our insane world for the masses is to transmute it through this process.

Another thing I'll add is that, once this process has begun you will know things, if you continue to practice you can know more things. But if you quit the practice eventually not only do you forget what you know you forget that you knew.

How very true.

In my own experience with my teacher, facing his energy is like hitcing a ride up above the coulds, and ahh... so this is how it all looks like up here...

And after you're down on the ground, you're aware of the potential inside you, and how reality can be percieved with so much more space, ease, light and joy in this very moment.

As for forgetting, the funny thing is that if you stop practicing, you not only forget what you know, you also lose bearing of a sense of existential direction. Like when you suddenly find yourself lost in the woods, when you just a moment ago felt you were going somewhere.

But it's all good though. If you havent decided to begin the path, better not start. If you have started, better finish.

Good thread.

h

I've been the recipient of a distance empowerment and any doubts that I may have had went FLYING out the window. I'm not sure if transmissions and empowerments are the same but if they are then it's definitely something I hope all of you can experience. It is by far the coolest thing I've ever experienced.

Sign in to follow this