Sign in to follow this  
Eviander

Favorite artists?

So I got into this art craze lately and have been admiring the relaxing powers of beauty and expression. I would just like to share two of my favorite artists here and hope that others will also share theirs.

Paul Laffoley: This guy is definitely more than an artist, hes actually more of a super-genius Renaissance man.

Heres a website dedicated to him Laffoley

Heres some of his visions

reconsctruction_of_universe.jpg

PaulLaffoley-Solitron.jpg

Michael Brown: I like the overall feel of this guys art, it makes life feel dreamy

brown_michael_one.jpg

brown_michael_ridingthephoenix.jpg

I was hopping to make this into some sort of art sharing topic, so feel free to share your artwork or the work of others.

(My avatar is also a painting of laffoleys :) )

I like Nicholas Roerich's paintings (he most likely was a big influence in the symbolism on the dollar bill). A few samples:

701734_043.jpg

pearlofsearching.jpg

roerich22.jpg

700102_043.jpg

My favorite is Tom Otterness, he's a public works artists who's work is light hearted, cartoonish, and creates a good bridge for people to join the art world. His work removes the 'precious' art syndrome that most artwork has by being in public places where people can actually touch the art.

It's fun, I saw a video where this cute woman kissed one of his sculpture while doing a bike tour of new york.

I had a chance to talk with him once for a class paper, he's very friendly, and had a nice crowd dynamic.

http://www.tomotterness.net

I love Paul Laffoley, man he is out there! he gives lectures for ten hours straight on time travel, higher dimensions, all kinds of madness. But Tom Otterness? He treated my friend who worked for him like shit..

Ever hear of David Altmejd?

altemjd-784042.jpg

altmejd-d-loup01.jpg

Or Birch Hayes? (Myself)

homepge.jpg

drawinggallery04.jpg

check out my website for more goodies

http://www.birchhayes.com/index.html

Edited by erdweir

But Tom Otterness? He treated my friend who worked for him like shit..

Ya, I haven't worked with him, I just talked with him for a bit, and saw him lecture

Sign in to follow this