sean

Morning Routine

Morning Routines!

renStimpyMorning.jpg

Aneros massage/release-work (The secret weapon to opening LTT and finding valley orgasms, trust me)

(0-30 minutes)

Sean.

7968[/snapback]

Still found some time before my flight leaves... just for you to know: maybe already at the end of next week I will order the Prantra... its not yet available and not sure if it is from the shop I called then... but it looks good... I let you know how powerful it is compared to the Aneros then...

Harry

sit up.

turn off tv if it's on.

turn off a/c and open doors and windows.

start coffee.

brush teeth.

turn tv back on to see ABC news on hong kong tv or ALCS on ESPN.

drink two cups of coffee and smoke 'em if i got 'em.

take a big massive al bundy shit while reading something in English.

do wuji qigong and whatever else.

get ready to bike.

bike.

lock office door and change clothes hoping my secretary doesn't intrude.

work.

Morning Routines!

Get up, sit at the edge of the bed, feet on the floor. Bridging practices (from Come to your Senses). Gently allowing myself to be brought back into my body, into this world. Listening to the sounds. Feeling where my feet meet the floor, where my hands are touching, etc.

(2-5 minutes)

7968[/snapback]

perhaps do a few in bed baby full body stretches before getting up. i love those.

i like the charging of the environment too... i have done charging of objects sometimes, but often ones i want to give to people. good idea to charge your food etc... i'll try that.

i ordered the book come to your sense ages ago from a bookstore but they haven't said its in yett. sounds very interesting.

Sean,

Damn that's a lot! Thanks for posting. I'm a big believer in a good morning routine, but you're the master. I'm doing 5 Tibetans, WW, testical breathing, Iam, tea. About an hour. The Iam and testical breathing/spinal breathing is very new, but is very nice and has been a missing component for me.

Another missing component are those valley orgasms which are on my to-do list.

Peter,

Your routine rocks out too!! Biking has tremendous positive energy, freedom and speed.

-Yoda

wake up

immediately write down dreams (+ morning pages if i feel like it)

drink a glass or two of water while looking at calendar or to-do list to try to plan out day

stretches, martial arts drills, situps/pushups/etc. (if time)

eat some fruit or drink some OJ

take a shower (incl. qi gong bathing and this delicious new soap which has loofah particles in it)

get dressed

do something with my hair

eat breakfast, drink tea

brush teeth

fix my bed and pick up around the house (counters, floor, etc.)

figure out what to eat for lunch

return any phone calls or pressing e-mails that i put off the day before

put snacks, music and everything I need to take to work to be happy in my bookbag

15+ minutes zazen

sun greeting

water prayer

sit spot outside if there's time

bike to work

At work:

stretch

stare at water crystal screensaver

take deep breathes

smile

Lunchtime:

bike home, eat lunch, bike back to work

(2 extra miles of biking= no gym time needed and lunch money saved!!)

Nighttime routine:

eat dinner

balance checkbook

pick up around the house for 15 min

exercise or martial arts if I didn't do it earlier

do the dishes (with feet in warm water to open meridians)

read or listen to music

brush my teeth

zazen or stretching if I didn't get it done earlier

take vitamins, tea or herbs

take a bath if i feel like it, with whatever herbs or essential oils i want

journal, prayers or meditation

dreaming body as going to bed

Weekly:

clean my house, change sheets, sweep, mop, take out trash, dust, laundry, etc.

pay bills, balance checkbook and check budget vs. real spending

clean fridge, buy groceries, plan menus for the week, cook whatever necc. ahead of time

spend some time outdoors, hiking, tracking, plant med stuff, etc.

more job hunting

running or some kind of intense exercise

writing

observe Shabbat and get some r+r in any way i can

On my days off I space my morning routine out throughout the day and also do most of the "weekly" stuff.

I also have a weekly check-in with one of my friends/mentors to see how I'm doing. Noticing ways that I sabotage myself. For example, my house was ALMOST completely clean one day last week, except for a stack of papers on my table that I needed to put under the table. Instead of doing that, I left it on the table, which means that I eat at my computer, which means that my dishes go on the floor, then it's a mess and i start putting mail on the floor instead of immediately opening, recycling or putting in my current action folder, then the clothes go on the floor, etc. Then my house is too messy to do my morning exercises and I just laze around and check e-mail. So I'm trying to stay on top of it.

Wake Up

Get Up

Get Dressed

Drink Tea

Go to Work

:(

Really got to find more time, and get back to a decent routine! Morning practice has really nosedived. Not helped by having been ill for last week or so, just getting over it now, so hoping to pull it back soon.

I think I wake up somewhere around 7 pm. I mean REALLY wake up.

But seriously...I wake up (too late usually),

Look myself in the mirror, and see a vague image of someone similar to Elvis just before he died. (Freaks me out every time).

Drink a huge coffee on the subway, half dazed.

Sit down at the office to contemplate that I really should be outside climbing some kick ass rock.

Roll up some Snus.

Wait until the nikotine and the coffeine kicks in.

Before that, everything is a blur.

What are you guys made of?

h

6 am Wake up and plonk down on the meditation cushion.

7 am Kids wake up and we play tug of war with the mala.

7.30 am Get kids ready for school.

8 00 am Walk to work doing walking qigong (30 mins).

10 am Breakfast at work during tea break.

Before that, everything is a blur.

<snip>

What are you guys made of?

8010[/snapback]

LOL! Well I don't have to be at work until 11:30, and it's like a fifteen minute bike ride (ten if I go fast), and even if I go to bed at 1 AM I still wake up by 9. So I have at LEAST 2 hours, usu. more like 3 or 4.

But I don't do my routine every day, either. Like this weekend there is a martial arts seminar, so yesterday (Friday) I did my cleaning and all that. And all I did was wake up, drive to Phoenix, train all day (minus a half hour cos I had to drive to Tempe to pick up a key), and then I've been chilling in my friend's lovely apartment. My evening routine has consisted of raiding her fridge (with permission, of course), feeding the cats, cleaning the cat litter, reading a book I want to give to my instructor, taking a long bath, painting my nails and toenails, and writing extremely detailed notes of all the stuff we learned. My morning routine will be to get dressed, eat something, brush my teeth, drive to class, traintraintraintraintrain, get dinner with the guys after class, drive home., find something to wear to work tomorrow, collapse into bed...

It's all variable!

peter falk, you probably mentioned this before but I am spacing, where did you learn wuji qigong from? Is that a Winn form?

cameron, it's all part of some strange detour I'm trying to take through my self to my Self :P

neimad, you are probably gone by now but full body baby stretches, that's a good tip, thanks.

Yoda, thanks! In all fairness after I posted this I realized this is actually almost my whole routine, not just morning. The only other thing I do is the IAM after work.

freeform, conscious eating. I like it. Throwing energy balls, reminds me a bit of the intention behind Vizzinni's "smurfing" (I think he called it).

Lozen, dream practice! Ahhh.... that's cool that you do that. I used to do that years and years ago and always wanted to start up again. Hmmm... adding to "someday maybe" list. :)

bobd, check out AYP. He has such a simple approach you might dig. You just start with 20 minutes in the morning, 20 minutes in the evening and build on that.

hagar, I know what you mean about not waking up until late. That's actually why I have to do all this stuff, or else I'll drag my feet all day then won't wake up until after sunset but then I'll be wired and up until dawn. this sets me in motion early so I can keep somewhat stable sleep patterns.

rex, how do you find meditating first thing getting out of bed? I need to move around, shake a bit, get some blood and chi flowing or I fall back asleep trying to meditate right out of bed. It's cool you can do it like that.

Sean.

rex, how do you find meditating first thing getting out of bed? I need to move around, shake a bit, get some blood and chi flowing or I fall back asleep trying to meditate right out of bed. It's cool you can do it like that.

I have drowsy moments but I'm a morning person anyway Sean. Kicking off with

nine-round breathing introduces a bit of clarity and the brain is still in alpha so time passes subjectively more quickly. Rex

Morning routine

get to the bathroom before teen girl

tai chi on the right side tai chi on the left side( mirror side)

Tai chi sabre

Pore breathing

meditation

standing chi kung

Wake up younger kids

Massage wife's back transfer chi(her practice)

eat breakfast consciusly while strongly urging kids to get dressed

drive teen to school (equinimity practice)

procrastinate drinking coffee at local cafe recover from morning routine (just kidding)

Go to work(more equinimity practice)

Wake Up

Get Up

Get Dressed

Drink Tea

Go to Work

8007[/snapback]

You Brits and your tea!! :)

peter falk, you probably mentioned this before but I am spacing, where did you learn wuji qigong from? Is that a Winn form?

it's a winn form.

I'm trying Rex's approach, and it's working well. I was doing too much power yoga to really relax deeply during meditation. A couple of light stretches plus pranayama are sufficient to wake up for meditation.

1. Wake up 4am

2. Toe Wiggling

3. Stretches while laying in bed

4. Deer exercise while in bed

5. Seated Crane breathing (12 rounds)

6. Seated Turtle breathing (12 rounds)

7. Get dressed

8. eat breakfast

9. brush teeth

10. leave for work 5am

Old post-what gnu?

Wake up spontaneously at seven.

Stay in bed practicing involuntary bladder awareness until 8.

Finally get up and wee.

Sit on edge of bed and do metta.

Feel surprise at things happening in body and wonder what was going on all night.

Drag self kicking and screaming to standing practice.

Stand for 30 mins.

Collapse in grateful relief.

Quick wash, juice something, walk to work.

At weekends, move the whole thing back two hours. Omit the work.

Keeping things simple the last month. Textbook Yogani really.

Spinal pranayama

Spinal bastrika pranayama

IAM Mantra

Inner Silence

Samyama

Savasana

Still playing around with other things, but that is all that's really been consistent lately.

Sean

emptiness meditation 20-40 min

zhan zhuang 20-40 min

kettlebells 20 min

I may add to this but pretty much what my am practice entails.