Sign in to follow this  
The Genuine Article

Dan Tien

i was wondering if someone could explain to me what dan tien is ?

To put it simply - it's a big waste of time !

A little less simply, it is like the battery a car runs on. It can generate energy, but its main function is to store the energy you generate for later use. There are some discussions here about filling the dan tien to capacity and whether this is a good thing to do or a waste of time.

i was wondering if someone could explain to me what dan tien is ?

The area betwean your navel and your back. Also calded elixir field and the stove. An area where things starts to happen in internal alchemy.

F D

A little less simply, it is like the battery a car runs on. It can generate energy, but its main function is to store the energy you generate for later use. There are some discussions here about filling the dan tien to capacity and whether this is a good thing to do or a waste of time.

In this case you should mention also that certain taoist schools would tell you that not everybody has a dan tien and not everybody can get one and also people mistake some other phenomena/sensations for dantien. Also some schools work with more then one dan tien, but anyway too much talk already over nothing ....

I suppose it is open to conjecture whether it was already there and I 'discovered it' or through my training I 'created it'.

Well said Stig. What is the dan tian before one starts to cultivate?

What is it if one never cultivates?

Is it a concept we apply to a feeling we discover/create in order to participate in a specific paradigm?

BTW, TGA, there are three dan tians -

Upper - in the middle of your head

Middle - in the area of your heart

Lower - in the pelvis

When people refer to dan tian without specifying upper, middle, or lower, they are generally referring to the lower dan tian.

Ihmo, you cant create dantian, as you cant create third leg, or second heart.

I think you can only create connection to your dantian.

ps. Thanks Stigweard for nice explanation about dantian

Ihmo, you cant create dantian, as you cant create third leg, or second heart.

I think you can only create connection to your dantian.

ps. Thanks Stigweard for nice explanation about dantian

If I don't create dan tian, who does?

In this case you should mention also that certain taoist schools would tell you that not everybody has a dan tien and not everybody can get one...

Which schools specifically, please?

From everything I have experienced with the Dan Tien, it is in my opinion the focal point of life force (qi) in the human body. (Do animals have a Dan Tien? I'd have to assume so?)

I personally think the Dan Tien is key to Inner Alchemy cultivation.

From everything I have experienced with the Dan Tien, it is in my opinion the focal point of life force (qi) in the human body. (Do animals have a Dan Tien? I'd have to assume so?)

I personally think the Dan Tien is key to Inner Alchemy cultivation.

hi fizix

My experience is similar! When I was little, I used to follow my mind down through the DanTien using it like a vanishing point - so later when I first learned about qi it made sense that the DanTien could be like an entry point for universal qi exchange. For me now though, qi doesn't need a doorway since the whole body is a gateless gate. :lol: I still use the DanTien for other things though.

Sign in to follow this