Sign in to follow this  
nordisch

Improving eye sight

I got to talking to a Chinese TCM visiting US to give some lectures. He suggested a general formula Nei Zhang Yan Ming Wan for eye issues including cataract. He also advised not using hot water to wash one's head but instead use luke warm or cold water. There seem to be many selling this formula online.

I found this book called "The art of Shen Ku" (Stigweard's previous avatar) and previewed it and found it to be an invaluable pool of references, it has a lot of things including homeopathy, gardening, martial arts, fishing, acupressure, and many things of usefulness with great comic-book style art. Included were two pages of exercises for the eyes (pages 136-7 I think) and I tried them and had good results and I'm a "desk-bound" person. Also the DVD mentioned earlier by Meir Schneider had a new type of self massage I never saw before and it gives me great comfort and improvement. I chopped down the video and removed the audio for easier learning.

I got to talking to a Chinese TCM visiting US to give some lectures. He suggested a general formula Nei Zhang Yan Ming Wan for eye issues including cataract. He also advised not using hot water to wash one's head but instead use luke warm or cold water. There seem to be many selling this formula online.

I already bought Luetin and smilisan eye drops from swanson so looked up Nei Zhang Yan Ming Wan at amazon and that product looked shabby is this formula available at dragonherbs? I only found "Eagle Vision" there.

Thanks,

DE

Thanks Magitek.

I think you are spot-on as they say. :) The book I linked is also pretty decent, "take off your glasses and see." It makes the same point that vision is not due to eyeball, or at least, not alone. In the book, the author describes one interesting thing. He says he went to a machine to measure his eye lens' refractive ability and according to the machine, he still had myopia. This meant the lens did not focus the light correctly on the retina and machine was able to detect that. However, even so, this guy would read all the eye charts at 20/20. He even invited his friends to help randomize the charts/letters to make sure he hasn't subconsciously memorized the charts. He could see 20/20 even though his "physical" eye couldn't, according to the machine. This is the point where the author of the book realized that vision is not physical. Of course he didn't realize the the physical world doesn't exist as such, that's what we realize here on taobums. :) But it's not a bad realization for an optometrist. Oh yea, and the author of that book is an optometrist who himself had myopia, this is why he had access to the machine, charts and all that.

I've also had a brief moment of perfect vision and I also cannot be convinced that elongated eyeball has anything to do with anything. In fact, I am not even convinced it is a real phenomenon. Unless I measure my own eyeball, I am not going to assume anything about its shape. But even if my eyeball was in the shape of a pretzel, I know I could still see perfectly if I wanted, because after all, vision and all other phenomena are ultimately not physical in nature. They are dream-like visions in the primordial mind.

Sign in to follow this