Sign in to follow this  
Trixter Streetcat

salt baths

I have seen salt baths being recommended on this board. anyone care to explain the specific uses and effects of salt baths? what are they good for?

in folk magic, salt baths are used to undo "tricks", i.e. spells done unto you, particularly through the skin. it's also widely used in protection against evil influence and ritual purification. would it be something similar to this?

also, why do you think salt would be used for this? any particular reason?

thanks for your replies.

streetcat.

Trixter Streetcat,

Salt baths rock!!! :lol:

Micaharick (sp?) in Spiritual Cleansing often incorporates them into his bath recommendations to counteract normal daily negativity to even more aggressive average 'evil eye' type situations and can at least be a first aid thing for more serious negativity. He also recommends diluted beer *or* very diluted ammonia baths or using a bit of camphor for the same reason. He also advises cleaning the inside of the ears which collect negativity too. I've used noxema for that.

I've heard that several times from a western context, I don't know if there are similar beliefs in the east but both Ya Mu and Vajrasattva have said good things about them.

Mak Tin Si offers a bathing FU for more serious issues or deeper, long term level cleanings.

One thing Micaharic and Mak Tin Si both mention is to use the bath with strong intention and not just flip through a magazine while bathing.

Another thing Micaharic mentions is that if one uses strong intention then it's best to put a time limit on the effect of anything you are requesting help with especially in the arena of 'natural magic' or you'll have to deal with putting stop orders on everything in the afterlife which is a pain. I haven't the *foggiest* idea if that's right, but just putting that out there...

Also, I've enjoyed epsom salt baths... those are nice too.

Your pal,

Yoda

This is the official word on soaking:

http://www.epsomsaltcouncil.org/about_bett...ugh_soaking.htm

From a really basic chemistry viewpoint: if you put salt in water, it causes it to be more conductive. You can actually pass an electrical current through the salt water, which you can't through normal water. Please don't ask me exactly what's happening, because I have chosen to forget everything about chemistry after last semester. :blink:

From my basic understanding of qi and the body: if there is an excess of "bad energy" on some of the outside areas of the skin, the salt bath will be more likely to take it away. It's especially good if you heal others, because you can pick up their erratic qi and be afflicted by it...for instance once I chose not to wash my hands in salt water after the session, and that night I couldn't sleep and was really uncomfortable, squirming around in bed. It's as if I picked up some of her bad emotions. The other time I did healing on her, I soaked my hands in epsom salt water when we were done, and I felt great afterward. There's nothing like personal experience to prove a point.

"Bad energy on the skin" is called an "external pernicious influence" in Chinese medicine, and you can learn about it from The Web That Has No Weaver by Ted Kaptchuk...although it's very theoretical and not very practical.

My opinion is that salt baths should be used any time you are in close contact with sick or emotionally unbalanced people. It's not a huge deal, but it's a small thing that can help a lot.

Edited by Scotty

In the middle east this is used too for negative energy cleansing and mild magic, I loosely remember a recipe that goes as follows:

Obtain 1 kg of salt, alum powder, and sidr leaf powder (Ziziphus Spina-christi)

Divide into equal amounts of each for a 7 day usage, so that's about 143 gm of each ingredient.

Mix the three ingredients in zam zam water or normal water, I don't remember how much but mix or blend until it gives a semi thick paste. Then shower with hot water then thoroughly apply the paste everywhere and leave it for a while then shower it away.

Sidr leaf powder is great for cleaning, it has a lot of natural saponins and produces a good amount of foam. it is considered to be one of the trees in heaven and it's relative in china, the jujube tree, is revered by Buddhists. In the middle east it is one of the ingredients used in leather tanning and the cleaning of the dead.

I did try this once but only one day and the salt did feel somewhat empowering. I'll try again sometime but without the alum powder.

I just bought some sea salt from the pharmacy today. I'm going to try it in 10 minutes.

Prior to that, I had Epsom salts. Nice and heavy. From what I can remember, sea salt is fluffier than Epsom salts.

Both are very nice. Suggest that if you use essential oils with, then buy them separately (i.e. don't buy 'flavoured' salts).

I liked the idea of Yoda's intent. Although my present intention is to go lay in that tub and read the end of an epic novel.

Have fun!

I have seen salt baths being recommended on this board. anyone care to explain the specific uses and effects of salt baths? what are they good for?

in folk magic, salt baths are used to undo "tricks", i.e. spells done unto you, particularly through the skin. it's also widely used in protection against evil influence and ritual purification. would it be something similar to this?

also, why do you think salt would be used for this? any particular reason?

thanks for your replies.

streetcat.

All you need is 1 pound of cheap table salt and 5 drops of lavender oil and or sandalwood oil.

the salt has a strong cleansing power on the etheric body and has lots of green prana which pulls out blockages from the channels and chakras and breaks it down and disintegrates it the lavender oil has violet prana and is a powerful cleanser as well it helps breakdown stress energy and works well on the astral body --sandalwood is a powerful green energy as well it will help clean even deeper. Soak for 20 min then shower and rinse off the oil and salt you may feel sleepy from this deep cleansing so drink a green energy drink like wheat grass powder and take some royal jelly or ginseng. Do not use Epsom salt for this bath it does not have the cleansing power. For more info please see Miracles through Pranic Healing By Master Choa Kok Sui

Peace

Jedi777

Salt Water is good for many things, best to sun bath in the sea, as long as the water is clean, its part of my everyday training for my systems Iron Body skills!

all the best

Ape

In taoism, we use the Bath cleansing FU to bath cleanse yourself which provide you very deep cleansing of the body, aura and many things. You can also clean out black magic and stuff by using different FU. There are just too many FU to use for bathings which all provide different effects. When one request for help, we will customize the FU for them as well.

All you need is 1 pound of cheap table salt

No, you are wrong! Table salt is refined which means that it contains 100% sodium cloride. Sea salt or unrefined salt contains 84 elements.

The purpose of bathing in sea salt is to detoxify the body. According to Peter Ferreira, only unrefined salt should be used.

No, you are wrong! Table salt is refined which means that it contains 100% sodium cloride. Sea salt or unrefined salt contains 84 elements.

The purpose of bathing in sea salt is to detoxify the body. According to Peter Ferreira, only unrefined salt should be used.

LOL I am talking about the energy body not the physical body--if you know how to see and scan energy you can see whisch one is better for the energy body----

I have been taking salt baths weekly for years so something must be very right about it. I also add lavender oil. Often I talk to the bathroom tiles about what is clogging me up, and process it as I lie there.

This year I take Kip Mazuy's music in with me and play it in the bathroom too, which is fantastic.

Sign in to follow this