Sign in to follow this  
hagar

Congratulations on soon becoming a father! It is a very interesting experience - nothing harder, nothing better.

Chris

Congratulations on soon becoming a father! It is a very interesting experience - nothing harder, nothing better.

Chris

7954[/snapback]

Yeah. Definitely the hardest thing I have ever done. The coolest too.

Be Genki,

Tenguzake

Welcome Hagar. I am very jealous you live in Norway and wish I had the tenacity to learn Norwegian so I could move and live there one day. :)

I always enjoy your posts. I remember reading a post of yours a ways back, on taobum actually, before I stopped going there, and I believe you quoted Adyashanti, was this you? He is one of my favorite teachers and I go to his satsangs here in the Bay Area whenever I can.

Anyways, I'm very happy you are here sharing with us.

Cheers,

Sean.

Congrats on the baby! Boy or girl?

Judging from Mrs Yoda, Norwegians *really* dig children. Is that true? Regardless of Norwegians, I'm sure you'll have a blast.

BTW, I was terrified of having a kid!! I would run off and hide when she was fertile, had to have a few drinks before sex, etc. It felt like such a responsibility. Then I discovered that it really isn't a responsibility at all--they have the chi of a viking and the heart of a Buddha and they just wanna have fun.

-Yoda

Hagar,

Mrs Yoda actually had to hunt me down! She called around, found me at my friends' and told them to send me home. Fortunately, I came home and did the deed and now have Freya, almost 6, and Kell Bjarne, 2.5. Kell is Kjel in Norway, yes?

Do these names actually exist in Norway or did Mrs Yoda just pick out random Norwegian names from the babyname books? We aren't sure. Do let us know.

Having the second wasn't nervewracking. We would have more if we obtain the energy for it. I think we'd name the third (it would be a girl we think) Synnove, if I have the spelling right. "Of the Sun" right? That would fit the situation too--meaning that my practice would have hatched more lifeforce to enjoy #3.

No wonder you've been doing a lot of sitting these days! That in particular is a good one for parenting (no emotional flareups, very calming).

Freya's middle name is Oskarla which means "one who wishes" in Icelandic. Does it exist in Norway?

-Yoda

Mrs Yoda is Norwegian decent and she's proudly pureblooded. I seem to be a plurality of Scottish with misc northern European in there somewhere. The names Freia and Kjell Bjarne are actually in use these days then?

Mrs. Yoda (Originally Randi Hansen before her promotion) her dad's family is from Bergen and mom's family is from Gudbrandsdal. I told Freya that she's a chocolate candy in Norway--she liked that.

Sign in to follow this