Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Elements of the Healing Sounds

We all know its great to do the healing sounds and forget to/ignore the details of all the elements, and there ARE infinite details. However, when we try to connect with the best one, what do we think? How do we know, in our cosmic healing sounds practice, that we touched on all the most vital manifestaions of each element?

For example, if I think of emptyness and just the color, organ, sound.

Another time I only think of the season, color, organ and animal associated with the sound.

Simply let the intelligence do its work for eache element.

Or go through a list, TRYING to remember, (this making your meditation contrived)

There is other body parts, colors, emotions, good and bad, associated organs, fingers toes, more associated organs (macrocosmic in scale bones/teeth/nails...tendons...hair...) so many details! And of course the senses! Direction, element, TASTE, more body parts...and of course, many positions too...so much! So, how do we organize?

This truely universal and magical practice, the sounds.

The questions is, what is the Essential Elements of our sounds? For you? For me, I would say:

at least:

-the (cosmic-connected to your/universal center) Element

-color

-Assoc Organs. (zhang fu (guts) and macrocosmic (bones, tendons, blood vessels, hair, skin, muscles)

-sense

-body parts along merdian

(among infinite other possible things...) AND THAT IS A LOT TO "REMEMBER" during your non-contrived meditation, although by organzing it will come natural. However, these elements I find to be questionable, they may pop in at times, but they are not essential as those above?:

taste?

Emotions?

Season

direction?

planet?

guardian animal?

(..among infinite other things...)

i think at first i was all about the lists and the thinking and th eremembering. but then, as i went thru the practice, i learned to let go and let the shen guideme and give me what was inportant in the moment. eventually i got into dialogues with the shen. you can read about this in my blog, or you can read some of sean's stuff which has pretty amazing close encounters of the third kind with his shen.

Yeah I know what you mean, I had some intense communication with my shen before, esp with this practice.

Last night I started doing some fire/water sounds before bed and it felt very orgasmic, the meditation kept flowing into new areas, wait a minute! That wasnt last night, that was like 10 hours ago and I still didnt go to sleep today/night...too much things arising in my awareness...got a cool book on the 5 elements in tantra and shamanism...madness

But the reason I started this thread was to ask for what are the essentials. Obviously it is better to use Wu Chi as the guide, but say I am teaching the healing sounds to a friend? How do I know where to add and remove details. Obviously it is in-the-moment, but I am slightly uncomfortable with that, think I might be missing something important! I know this is wrong to think this!

say I am teaching the healing sounds to a friend? How do I know where to add and remove details. Obviously it is in-the-moment, but I am slightly uncomfortable with that, think I might be missing something important!

7944[/snapback]

The important "thing" probably varies from person to person. With some person it might be the sound that really captures them, for others it might be doing organ massage, for others connecting to a feeling, emotion, taste etc. If you are teaching one on one to a friend, then you have a great chance because you know them and their prefered modalities. Even if you don't know them well, you can pick up their vibe and infer what they do best with.

I hate it in classes when the smorgasbord of choices is given because it makes it all too confusing and intellectual. So, I don't suggest that approach. So, my suggestion is to just smile to your discomfort of doing it in the moment, ask them a question, and get on with it.

*What is the book about elements, shamanism and tantra?*

Chris

Its called Healing with Form Energy and Light..on amazon.

Thanks for these insights.

I was thinking b4, the best balance might be to intellecutaly KNOW all the components of the elements, and when deeply relaxed access that information and connect with it all.

As much as we try to EMBODY the healing sounds, we are not perfect, things arise in life. So we can do a wu chi sounds and let things arise, but not always.

I think it is important to emerge from the wu chi and reconnect with the forms, to reconnect, at aprox. regular intervals with the complete shens. Know what Im saying? Yeah, in a class setting that can be too overwhelming, perhaps then it is best to just connect with assoc organ, color, emotion. Give or take. And of course, return to the wu chi.

Just re reading my post. "Who am I" to be saying "complete shens" nobody knows that, er everyone does, but the point is that our healing sounds elements should be on point with both depth(shallowness) and shallowness(depth) and the other within the other. FUCK!

Sign in to follow this