Sign in to follow this  
peter falk

moon gazing

read two trees mention of our extensive discussion of sun gazing and was wondering if anyone has any analogous practice for moon gazing? would this be a balance of yin and yang. a sort of external alchemy?

Some sungazer gurus say not to mix the two, but Winn says that it is fine to do so and that moon gazing may be more healthy for already overyangified Americans. It was my understanding from what he said that this would be external alchemy.

I also moongaze...and appologize if it had not been mentioned in addition to the mentioning of sungazing.

It's funny, because years ago I'd dipped into wicca and ceremonial magicks, and at that point in time I'd been really focusing on moon energy (kinda hard not to, when the calendar and sabbats and circles are all-inclusive of it).

Then again, the moons beauty has always drawn me. Kinda sad to say that the sun hadn't been the same in that sense...but things are most certainly different now.

But mostly when I am moon gazing I am thanking this gentle giant for keeping our world in its place amoung the cosmos and not letting us fly off-kilter and head on right into the burning sun. :)

Moon gazing is one of the pillars of my practice. If the skies will be clear, it is important for me to be out under the Moon as much as possible. I often sleep out (bivouac) under its light.

I started a thread earlier here on Taoist Discussion forum entitled "Moon Risings & Phases," in which I included links to predict when the Moon would be visible on any given night.

Sometimes I will set the alarmclock so I can get up and out to witness a waning Moon rise over the ridge late after midnight. Sometimes the weather report predicts just a small window of time for clear skies, so I may try to catch the view while lounging in a lawn chair.

"Climb high. Watch Moon."

-Zenwind.

Sign in to follow this