Owledge

Doing Kunlun with intent - contradiction?

Max allegedly said that we should do Kunlun with a clear intent or something like this. I don't understand what is meant with that. It sounds like a contradiction to letting go and letting things just happen without trying or wanting something.

Hardyg,

I have no idea, but it appears as if there have been wildly divergent experiences with Kunlun... perhaps this could have something to do with intention?

Your pal,

Yoda

Max allegedly said that we should do Kunlun with a clear intent or something like this. I don't understand what is meant with that. It sounds like a contradiction to letting go and letting things just happen without trying or wanting something.

I don't know, but maybe it means to Know why you are practicing, and opening your heart to this reason.

PUT YOUR HEART IN TO IT, OPEN YOUR HEART TO THE PRACTICE.

Give your practice an emotional reason why you are practicing, or a meaning.

In my experience, I just SMILE : )

Cheers!

What is it that you want most in life?... and I mean the ultimate desire...

to find out, try this:

ask yourself - 'what do I want most right now?' let the answer come - it can be as materialistic or shallow or deep and profound as you want - doesn't matter at this point...

when the answer comes just imagine yourself already having this complete and in your life... then ask yourself 'what does having this in my life give me that is even more important than that?"

Wait for the answer to come - don't rush this... when the answer comes - again, imagine having it - then ask the previous question again... wait for the next answer... be patient...

keep repeating this process until there is nothing possibly more important... if you do it right you will notice that the quality of your awareness will be very different from what you started with.

When you have this final 'most important' goal, sit with it for a little while, then begin going back and reviewing the ones that came before (I warn you - you might giggle at how silly they sound now)... sit with that for a while... let the new sensations permeate your body... picture an image or a word or phrase or anything that will remind you of this.

this can become your intention... trigger it using the word/image/phrase/whatever you chose before practice. During practice forget about it and just let go.

some things to note:

If there is not a very noticeable shift in the quality of your awareness, you've not done it right - notice the quality (depth, 'amount', stillness) of the spaces between thoughts.

Notice if any emotions come up - allow them to fill your body and subside in their own time.

Do this often - your 'ultimate goal' might change...

start it with literally any desire - notice if it always leads you to the same 'ultimate goal'.

if you do this and find it useful, let me know - I'll show you some other tricks ;-)

Interesting technique... thank you! I already did this 'instinctively' in a more random way. There are very few things/steps that I can use for this technique. I guess it helps viewing the steps directly in front of me more lightly?

Maybe what I should do is less imagination about the highest goal and more on the lower ones first? I'll try this before my Kunlun sessions.

Maybe what I should do is less imagination about the highest goal and more on the lower ones first? I'll try this before my Kunlun sessions.

yup good idea.

"I want some chocolate"...

Maybe its this type of thing MAX thinks?

Hahhaha

Maybe its this type of thing MAX thinks?

Hahhaha

yup good idea.

"I want some chocolate"...

Got that covered pretty well. :D

I really only have three desires right now: A big one, a very big one and an amazingly huge one. Everything else is just peanuts. ... Or chocolate.

So I'll meditate on the big one.