Sign in to follow this  
dragonfire

Karma in real life

When I was seven years old I got into a fight twice with my older sisters (both much

older than I) and I grabbed a knife to threaten them. Each fight was over

a fruit, if you can believe it. With six kids and parents with no education it

was a struggle to put food on the table. I smiled when thanksgiving came

around and people donated bags of canned food to us. I always ate the

fruits in cans.

Anyways, during the fights I would cry while threatening them with the knife

to give the fruit to me. Each time there was a struggle for the knife and

the sister got cut.

This is something that I still suffer from till this day and has affected me so much.

It is my karma for hurting them. I've asked them about it before and they

don't really think about it or have forgotten.

Its very true that sometimes the people doing the hurting or killing do the

most suffering.

When I was seven years old I got into a fight twice with my older sisters (both much

fruits in cans.

the sister got cut.

This is something that I still suffer from till this day and has affected me so much.

most suffering.

For what it's worth, these things have a strange way of appearing as something other than what they were, and tend to piont often to more painful aspects of the incident than what we remember. Maybe you have taken on a bigger respinsibility for the whole situation that you should, and maybe that points to why you took that on your shoulders? Karma is sometimes other than what we think. We are our own judge and jury. Forgiveness is granted by the heart to ourselves, yet sometimes it is also important to remove responsibilty.

But that's up to you to find out. I remember a couple of instances where I was struck with remorse, as I dissapointed someone when I was a kid, unintentionally hurting them. But the remorse was out of proportion to the deed, and later revealed for me the underlying truth of the suffering.

Bottom line is that your pain reveals that you are a sincere person with a good heart.

h

Edited by hagar

Bottom line is that your pain reveals that you are a sincere person with a good heart.

...And when you end the pain of the past incidents, you will still be.

For what it's worth, these things have a strange way of appearing as something other than what they were, and tend to piont often to more painful aspects of the incident than what we remember. Maybe you have taken on a bigger respinsibility for the whole situation that you should, and maybe that points to why you took that on your shoulders? Karma is sometimes other than what we think. We are our own judge and jury. Forgiveness is granted by the heart to ourselves, yet sometimes it is also important to remove responsibilty.

But that's up to you to find out. I remember a couple of instances where I was struck with remorse, as I dissapointed someone when I was a kid, unintentionally hurting them. But the remorse was out of proportion to the deed, and later revealed for me the underlying truth of the suffering.

h

'...when there is enough remorse, there is no blame.' lao tze, tao te ching

The topic seems to be abit "odd" for me.

HOW CAN KARMA BE "NOT" IN REAL LIFE? Just a curious question........... :mellow:

The topic seems to be abit "odd" for me.

HOW CAN KARMA BE "NOT" IN REAL LIFE? Just a curious question........... :mellow:

I think the intent was to discuss a particular application of karma rather than to discuss the karmic principle in a more abstract, more general, and more theoretic sense.

Sometimes we simply must change the habits of our thinking.Since you were young your mind has played and replayed a incident were you behaved in a manner that you wish you hadn't behaved in.

Perhaps when you catch yourself thinking about how you threatened your sister, stop for a moment. Replace your thoughts of guilt and shame with thoughts of genoristy and love.

Imagine instead you are giving your sister something wonderful,something that she would be touched in her heart by. Perhaps flowers,or a fine jewel or some delicious fruit. Imagine instead of violenece you give her a big hug and when you hug her your heart is open wide to the warmth of the embrace.

Each time your mind wants to wallow in the guilt of past actions,take control,change your thinking to positive harmonious thoughts.Eventually bit by bit you will starve the monster of your youth and in its place you will have something far healthier and happier.

Eventually bit by bit you will starve the monster of your youth and in its place you will have something far healthier and happier.

Starved monster on a stick? Monster pie? Monsteroids? :D

fruits in cans.

the sister got cut.

most suffering.

Nothing of this has anything to do with karma. Karma is an action that is not an reaction. Whatever karma we struggle with, is totally out of our hands and we only benifit from giving in, giving up. We can not grasp any karma at all. It is beyond any concept.

That being said,

It is not OK to kill anyone for any other reason than providing food to eat. Not even as a defence killing is a reasonable right.

An idea can never bear and take the consequences of a killing, it is way to slow and the killers will end up getting stocked in their process, often getting mad. So many soldiers and policemen gets disturbed and crazy during service, because life has nothing to do with death at all.

However if we eat what we have killed, then the body will take care of it by digesting the prey and no remains will ever be left. Without digesting our prey, we will end up getting stocked with all sorts of pain and tensions, first settling in the mind (creating the wrong kiling) and later eventually in the body as well.

Edited by Guest

The karmic action is the memory of the act "harm" you done. Reaction is still action in one or another level. Karma is the effect of the action. There are different levels of karma. Sometimes we see

it very quickly, like if we over eat, you will get sick. This is karma. Its the same thing,

the causal and effects. This universal law is what keeps balance. If I did that to my sisters

and did not feel remorse afterwards, I would not be a loving person I am today. Through

the guilt and pain, it tries to center me. If not, I would continue to hurt others and not

feel remorse today.

This topic was brought up for those that do not believe in karma.

The title is deeper than you think. Once one realize their self nature, real life

takes on a different meaning.

I don't think so. Karma is action that is not a reaction. An action with out a reaction. That action of ours is limiting the action that is to take place next. How can we let go, without feeling doomed? We (probably) can not -

What you are mentioning for us is natural process, response and stimulus, and that is concerning everything in life. It is electro-magnetism. It is taking place all over the universe. Any question is providing an answer strait away.

Karma is different. Karma is nothing normal, that is why it is such an issue - a mystery to man and something to be adressed, if only it was possible. I don't know. Karma is beyond concept - it is only a thought. There is no answer to it, beside let go -

The thing is this: We are not related to the concept by which we define the consequences of our actions.

It does not work, that is why we maintain the actions, on and on we go about but they do us no good because we were never related in the first place - it is not real, karma is a speculation.

awake, is in an other post, on to what I am trying to say:

You cannot think about the present moment.

Edited by Guest

Sign in to follow this