Sign in to follow this  
the buddha & the beast

what makes a home?

i just had a daughter and want to know what everyone thinks is important in picking a good home. i think i am overprotective of my family. i want the best for my them...not monetarily, but as far as their emotional and physical safety is concerned. it's difficult to get everything you want in where you live where i'm from; still, i thought you guys might have some ideas of how to find what's really important.

There are a lot of different factors, but if you can manage it I think having a place for children to play outdoors nearby is invaluable.

(congratulations)

Healthy basic food supply. I don't know how bad it is with tap water in the U.S., but a place where the tap water is of good quality will be convenient and generally tells something about the local environment. This is just one example of often-overlooked indicators.

In the end, I'd say the place should give you good vibes when thinking about what you want for your family.

Hope that was helpful.

Congraduation!

I also have a student in my temple who just got a baby boy a last month! now the little boy is also my student because he got ordained to become a taoist in our temple after 7days of birth! Lots of fun stories to share if you want to hear how different this boy is after the ceremony! There are so many things that have just shocked the doctors through out the period!!!

By the way, about your question...

Fungshui-wise, you can consider actually having a pro to calculate what your children's life element is and then you can choose a right kind of environment for her. Which helps with growth alot.

(I also do these kind of service)

In Taoism-wise, it is always the best to keep the child "clean" all the time, I will share about this if you like to hear more about my little boy taoist story!

Also, if you do like to worship at home, you can request for an altar setup of the "Bed-Guardian" which is an altar that sits in the room of the child which protect the child from negative entitles. This can be requested from our temple too.

Just too much to share.. but space is limited, so you can PM me if you want to hear more about my experience with this little boy taoist and his mother... it was AMAZING!

Congrad!

Congratulations!

and location, location, location.

Walk around potential neighborhood with your family at different times, see if other young families out walking or playing in yards strike up a conversation see how people like it, what kind of activities accessible for kids, do they feel safe, how do they like schools?

Good luck!

Sign in to follow this