Sign in to follow this  
SimoninTaiwan

Method of Paramahansa Yogananda

Hi everyone

I was just looking at the classic book Autobiography of a Yogi, I find it a really inspiring read and so hope at least some of it was true!

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the mysterious Kriya methods, and also as this stuff has been practised for what 50 years now in the west surely if it does work we should be seeing some results from people.

I love the sound of it all in the book but something does sound to good to be true in it all and there are some big claims like the recalculation of the Yuga cycle.

Any thoughts???

Simon

Hi everyone

I was just looking at the classic book Autobiography of a Yogi, I find it a really inspiring read and so hope at least some of it was true!

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the mysterious Kriya methods, and also as this stuff has been practised for what 50 years now in the west surely if it does work we should be seeing some results from people.

I love the sound of it all in the book but something does sound to good to be true in it all and there are some big claims like the recalculation of the Yuga cycle.

Any thoughts???

Simon

Kriya is not all that mysterious, is it? I have done Kriya (with a Thokar using partial Khechari minus severing though) for a decade now, not exactly as taught by SRF, but similar and certainly found it to be a valuable practice. And results are not always dependent on the practice alone but on the practitioner as well right?

If you find the concepts preposterous, why don't you move to something else that seems more realistic to you? Would it not be a waste of time pondering over something which you think is not right for you? :D

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/

Search Yogani's forum for more info on Kriya.

Edited by SiliconValley

Hi everyone

Any thoughts???

Simon

Hey!

I have read the book as well. This was my best spiritual book. However, I have read a lot of other books with such big claims. Have you read the books of Costa Danaos (magnus of java) Check out some youtube movies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77nD5xmL0kU.

I think Paramahansa speaks the truth. Gregg Braden explains

how such things could happen in western science "divine matrix" . Feeling is the language to which you speak towards the Divine matrix.

I have been doing kriya meditation a little, I think it is just surrender yourself to God in your own prefered stillness meditations. After a while you start to do automatically kriyas (spontaneous body movements).

I have read "divine romance" of paramahansa as well. But that book was not good.

THijs

Excuse me, I just read Divine Romance and

it is definitely a good book!

Sign in to follow this