Sign in to follow this  
mjjbecker

Right then...

There are times when it seems the lunatics really have taken over the asylum...so please humour me while I join the party and rant a while in the corner. Hopefully it will be at least amusing and perhaps coherent enough to be of some value also.

In no particular order, (the brain is addled with one of the local plagues, even though the qi is fighting the good fight and may explain some of the general fuzzy headedness).

Harry-Sunshine-get with the fucking program. Life is what it is. Resistance IS futile, so stop resisting and accept things as they ARE, not as you want them to be. Hell, we all do it, but peace only comes when you stop fighting against yourself and the tide. Quit whining and feeling sorry for yourself-it does no good-take it from someone who speaks from experience. Remember Canute! There's your war cry, now get to it!

Sigh...sigh...'shaking of head'. Still it lingers, like the turd that won't flush...Mo pai, Mo pai, Mo pai...

The Mo Pai is closed. Get over it. Yeah, you read the books and saw the video clips. Whoopee fucking do. Well, that kind of fireworks was never on offer, and the basic training was well, kinda basic really. If that. Managed to make a bunch of people ill and unhappy. Good health...nope....peace of mind...er...nope...good luck...oh the tales of woe I could tell you...and that is just John Chang. Yes, John Chang. I'm not even getting onto the others. Don't bother asking for details, its non of your business.

And please, no more PM's from anyone about the Mo pai, because I REALLY don't want to talk about it. Not the Mo pai, not 'Daisy' Verdesi and his modern day Barnum's circus, (yes, you know the saying...), hints as to where to find teachers...I CERTAINLY don't want to talk about what I'm doing or my own experiences. That is why I killed the blog. Too much to do before writing my own bio. OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE WHAT IS OUT THERE! IT IS IN FRONT OF YOU IF YOU CARE TO LOOK. You're broke, you can't travel, etc. Welcome to the real world. Been there, done that. Years of it. Think of a certain Doris Day song...what will be will be.

Of course, you may believe you are the 'chosen one', and it is indeed your destiny to unite east and west, like yang and yin. No, you're not-or if you are, you certainly don't need to PM me for the details of John Chang's whereabouts, or anyone else. The doctor put you on that medication for a reason, so get back on it before those men in white coats come back for you. Talking of medication, mewtwo, you've clearly been neglecting yours...

Lightminefire...I would...gladly...I'll even provide the matches and gasoline. If you must speculate so idly, why not try taking a metal object, like a skewer for example, and jam it into the nearest wall socket. Should you survive the experience you can audition for the inevitable remake of 'Carwash'. Harsh? Not really, since you feel it would be interesting to observe someone become sick or maybe even die. You are a twisted individual.

Alternatives. Well, they are there, and I have been subtly suggesting one or two for a while now. Of course subtle doesn't seem to work for some and one wonders if a twenty foot high flashing neon sign would fare any better...

Now, KAP offers a program that is WAY better than what I-or the others-were taught from the Mo pai. Better for health, safer for generating and using qi, much better for making one a happy little camper. You're getting the understanding and wisdom of several schools, broken down and explained by a native English speaker, (yes, that really does make a difference), and the teachers give a shit that you don't go and fuck yourself up doing it. Enlightenment? What the hell is that anyway? No one can seem to reach a consensus, so personally I'll settle for a little peace of mind, (actually no, I want the 'oneness with the universe' I experienced back at the age of 18-beats the novelty of being able to have ones fingertips fizzle with qi or project qi, believe me).

Now, I like the look of Spring Forest qigong also. Actually, I think its pretty awesome. Unfortunately it lacks the mystery of less accessible methods, and is perhaps discounted as a result. It seems a few people have dabbled with it, but not really put in the time. Therein lies the issue with anything-extraordinary results usually only happen with extraordinary effort. Of course, Spring Forest won't make one a master of the universe, and the power is for helping others, not oneself, so it may seem rather unappealing to the messiah complex types.

Goldisheavy. I don't mind you being a pompous opinionated bastard. I am one myself after all. What you are sorely lacking is my sense of wit and style. In fact, any sense of wit or style. If you must be such a blow hard, it would be gracious of you to try and at least be interesting. No one really gives a hoot whether you think something is right or wrong. A compelling, interesting case for your point of view, something with a little intellectual rigor, rather than your usual rigour mortis. Unfortunately you have no interest in learning, only in being right, and so rigor mortis it seems it must be. God how I wish you might come up with a witty response to this...

It is a saving grace that a few die hards remain around here to lighten things up. Mal, like the blog. I walk around in the morning humming my own variation on the Beatles 'Norwegian Wood'...'Isn't it good, morning....'. Well, you can fill in the blank. Keep going. Cat, lovely Cat. What can I say? Words would not do you justice. Champaign's on me should we meet. Ian, your little corner of taobums is an oasis of sanity amidst the static. Priceless. I dream of ancient trees and tinkling streams. Lovely.

Kunlun. Haven't done it, so can't comment on the practice one way or the other. However, for a while Gloria and I corresponded. We were both having fun and games with our demons and trying to deal with things the best we could. I was lucky in that I had some help whereas it seems Gloria and others had to face things without this. That I think was harsh. I understand the promise was turn up for a seminar and then off you go, but I feel, and have always said as much, you need a teacher there to guide you through. Maybe some get by just fine, but there are obligations on the teachers part, once you take on a student. My feelings, for what they are worth. Gloria, I am delighted you have found something that brings you some peace at last.

Steve-Starjumper. Grow up.

Some of the comments about the difference between Kunlun energy and other practices have been interesting. I don't doubt there are different types of qi and different methods of doing things. Funny though the 'cleaning out' of accumulated karmic crap seems to apply across the board. Wish I had realised how useful the secret smile was when I bought Dr Morris's book years back. Fortunately the Sedona method helped me bail out some of the karmic overflow at times when it threatened to capsize the good ship Becker, (yes, some of you reading now may think I've done a Titanic-nah, blame boredom and a cold, that's all). Somebody must have been looking out for me all these years. Some wonderful family and friends for sure.

Dorian Black. By all means go ahead and aspire to be a demon. If you get lucky, you get to be the one sodomising the tormented with red hot pokers. However, if you're not lucky...well, you never know, you might get to enjoy it. You have a very shallow understanding of karma and the beliefs behind it.

So,

Time to finish the sermon, and give thanks and praise for the hearty souls who managed to last this far. Let us finish with a prayer:

Oh Lord!

May those who are about to post

Think twice

Nay, thrice, or more

And consider

If they did use their brain and wit

Before constructing the brain fart

They are about to inflict

Upon their brethren

And give us strength

That we may forgive those

Who get on our tit

By asking questions

When the Good Lord has given us thy bounty

The most blessed search function

And the even greater bounty

Of having a brain in the first place

Even though it may be neglected

And treated like the proverbial red headed stepchild

Most of all

Give us compassion and understanding

For while gold may indeed be heavy

Ego is heavier still

And compassion is the hand that lifts

Even the heaviest chain

Amen

Goodnight, and God bless.

Lol, sound-off...3, 4!

And a thought I might add is that not only are those in alchemical programs getting a lotta sh*t stirred up right now, but I know of many who are NOT in any type of spiritual path who are also suffering from many health ailments recently. So, it may be that in addition to everything else, there could also be a huge, fiery wave of purging, detoxing, karmic quickening, crap, negative energy, however you wanna interpret it...that is swelling up and sweeping the planet right now.

I am also coming to agree that the way to deal with blocks is not to resist the forceful reactions caused when energy hits them, but to relax and allow the energy to bore through them. And to proactively work through these issues to help clear them, as they CAN also get out of hand if not. Ascension may be like giving birth - a powerful natural process, but also with the potential for mishap. Not to mention also a combination of autonomic and conscious facilitative effort.

Edited by vortex

Well that was something else, mjjbecker,

Funny I just wrote how anger may clear blockages on another thread and then came to this...There is often a much needed (cathartic) urging for a trans-personal purging upon us here at the Tao Bums... it does loosen the blockages, no doubt!

Question and seek, repeat - and stay aware of the world around you...

T. Jefferson said our nation -(The USA) should have a revolution every 20 years...It may be that we each could use the satory of a slap in the face every so often... If done with compassion! A proverbial wake-up call that progress can be made, even if it is through doing nothing whatsoever... <_<

I think you mean well by the bums, & just aim to induce change, possitive change... For us each to question and take the chance to get off the track one is on and make a new way forward...upward onward... over and out...

love to all- Pat

There are times when it seems the lunatics really have taken over the asylum...so please humour me while I join the party and rant a while in the corner. Hopefully it will be at least amusing and perhaps coherent enough to be of some value also.

Wow, that was brilliant. It's too bad you're saving it up for so fucking long though. You should blow your steam more often and in smaller dosages.

Goldisheavy. I don't mind you being a pompous opinionated bastard. I am one myself after all. What you are sorely lacking is my sense of wit and style. In fact, any sense of wit or style. If you must be such a blow hard, it would be gracious of you to try and at least be interesting. No one really gives a hoot whether you think something is right or wrong. A compelling, interesting case for your point of view, something with a little intellectual rigor, rather than your usual rigour mortis. Unfortunately you have no interest in learning, only in being right, and so rigor mortis it seems it must be. God how I wish you might come up with a witty response to this...

Well, your style is a little square for my taste. I'm more like an amoeba or an octopus or a jellyfish. Or maybe not. Also, being a blowhard is more like a hobby. I am not a pro at it. And besides, even blowhards have to rest sometimes to recharge the batteries.

My perception is that things are mostly good, but there are some patterns I see that I don't like. So I like to wiggle those patterns to see if they would loosen up any or not. When all is said and done, I think everything is progressing swimmingly. Maybe that's your perception as well.

So, I hope you feel better (if not outright good), and thanks for all the love. Why don't you stop saving up such big wads though? I am lucky I had a snorkel handy. Even with half as much you should have already ranted at least 2 times.

Wow Mike! So champagne is your drink, eh? One day I'll take a trip across the pond and we'll have some drinks and you can tell me some stories from your Mo Pai days...yeah, I know what you said...who cares about that John Chang guy...I want to hear the good ones about Kostas punching kungfu masters in the face!

I'm a psuedo martial artist, so I don't have any good stories...but I was in the Navy (and may go back pending the outcome of my med board), so I'll trade you a kick-ass Kostas story for a "well, a guy on my ship got drunk in Singapore and met this girl who was guy from the waist down..."

hahaha, yeah, I know I'm almost a pastor, but I still have a sense of humor and that's just too funny~ :lol:

Dorian Black. You have a very shallow understanding of karma and the beliefs behind it.

Really?

And you don't got that I was kidding the wannebe-Buddhist guys on this board who are in fact New-Age people.

IMO karma is first of all a made up thing from the Brahman caste in hinduistic society to justify and ensure their domination over the other castes. The Brahman view on karma became popular in west through the New-Age movement. And second IMO it may be something (real) I create with my actions that leads to the creation of another being that is then the reincarnation of my karma and stems from me spiritually like I stem from my parents bodily. BTW, Buddha thought so too (against the popular belief of the New-Age guys). The belief that your "soul" is immortal and reincarnates is for the weakminded who can't face the fact that nothing is permanent (apart from guys like Laotzu, Guan Chentz, John Chang, Waysun Liao and others). When your energy finally burns out, it's over. If you are lucky, you die before that happens so you can yet ghost around for a while until your Jing/TE is finally burnt out.

It's beyond me why Mo Pai internet warriors are so adamant about propagating the Closed Doors policy of the school. Yes, you know how to do some simple meditation of the Mo Pai, yes, you are the chosen one; no one must ever be given the same opportunity you have; join the club but only if recruitment is closed after you! /sigh

Edited by fizix

By all means you are free to have your opinion. I could quite happily go with the burn out and fade away thing. However John Chang and the Mo pai masters believe otherwise. So, I believe I will go along with their interpretation until someone can convince me otherwise. That and some experiences I don't intend to share make me believe reincarnation is real.

Experiences? Well, if s.o.'s karma reincarnates by creating you, it can bring memories of this guy's life with it that you can confuse for your own of "a past life"...

And for John Chang... if Kosta is not lying in "The Magus of Java", on Side 126 Kosta asks John Chang what happens finally after death: "So what happens next? Do we reincarnate? Do we live only one life? Do we cease to exist? What's the story?" John's answer: "I have already told you, that I don't know."

Waysun Liao seems to be one of the few real Taoist Masters on the planet and has incredible Chi powers... for example forestofsouls describes his own experiences with Liao here:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=2126&hl=

I did check the other posts from forestofsouls in this forum and he seems believable and not some crazy guy or s.o who makes propaganda for his Guru or something. So I ordered several DVD's and the 3 books from Liao and studied the material carefully. Well, and Liao is very clear in his statements in his DVD "TE: Beyond Birth and Death" about life, death, the Tao and how a living being works from an energetic point of view. At last you burn out your reserve of primal godly life force (TE) and cease to exist.

With truth and insight comes power if you use them well, you know, and whom can you believe if not one of the most powerful there is...?

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 1

A small time friend, a guy I met over the internet with shared interests ended up becoming really good at the energy stuff, on his own and working with guides.

He can't move mountains or anything, and few people know him - but he was able to show me a great time, putting laughter as energy straight into our tacos one night. It was a great time. Got to experience the past life thing with him, and meet interesting spirits and otherwise.

I just noticed the talk about being really well known and being very powerful. Doesn't seem that all of that is important to the path of getting better. More work needs to be done on the self. Which was the hardest part for me to understand becuase it seemed that everyone else had the answers at first. (I questioned the shit out of some people and kept bugging them to show me what they could do, asked how they could do it, then would test what I had practiced and learned against them)

I don't want anyone to forget, the thing that I forgot - that its a grand experience, and so much freakin fun!

Something that I came across in my journals was that I had stopped the self experiementation and lost my drive for a while. B)

Don't stop or feel that you can't get any better. It is possible to keep giong, probably forever. I run across people that just make my head spin.

As an example I was reading books in the back of a small book store in my hometown, Henderson NV.

I felt a lady approach before she reached the store! This strong vibrating feeling! As soon as I saw her, I hide behind a book rack and watched her pull out an astrology book, check on something and promtly leave.

Lol, I laugh about how afraid I was then. I wonder who that was? Perhaps I missed a chance to meet one of those more powerful masters I hear mentioned from time to time. ;)

It's beyond me why Mo Pai internet warriors are so adamant about propagating the Closed Doors policy of the school. Yes, you know how to do some simple meditation of the Mo Pai, yes, you are the chosen one; no one must ever be given the same opportunity you have; join the club but only if recruitment is closed after you! /sigh

You're right, it is beyond you. What you-or I-want is irrelevant, but that unpleasant fact is one you won't let past your ego.

Hehe, I was merely stating out the obvious, but of course I am rebutted with the ego card, quite a baseless ego card statement at that =). I don't lose any sleep over people who obsess over Mo Pai in one form more another, be it those who seek or those who try to deter; there's too many on both sides of the spectrum.

[/b]

Thanks for that!

I'm glad that the emotional sound of fury had no content... Paying attention to the bombastic swill of "my Dharma is bigger than yr Dharma"... BS used to really get my dander up here as well... I had an early slur-fest with one Sean Denty a few years back that I meant to be funny but got way out of hand...

I have no sensai, sifu, master or guru these days. and prefer it that way. I see meditation as the most meaningful activity towards any spiritual attanments... Bragging about such things usually just does not ring true anyway...The non-importance of any of our "wisdom" here is important to realize- we each and all know too little to crow about it!

Love to all is all I can say- but Lenny Bruce had it right too- saying F*@#k you is a beautiful way to say I love ya...

Pat

I feel the Taobums just let out a much needed fart! :D

Brilliant. Much needed, but as we'll soon see, nothing will change.

Sorry to see you trying to change the world man.

We sure have a long way to grow up, but so do you.

Your advice: take life as it is.

My response: You'd better do the same.

This isn't a place where all things must come to a conclusion. It's simply not the place for that.

I have mixed feelings towards your contribution... if i'd try to sum it up, it'll still be respect.

Nice job :)

L1

If it makes a difference, I also think Santiago has "the juice."

Waysun Liao seems to be one of the few real Taoist Masters on the planet and has incredible Chi powers... for example forestofsouls describes his own experiences with Liao here:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=2126&hl=

I did check the other posts from forestofsouls in this forum and he seems believable and not some crazy guy or s.o who makes propaganda for his Guru or something. So I ordered several DVD's and the 3 books from Liao and studied the material carefully. Well, and Liao is very clear in his statements in his DVD "TE: Beyond Birth and Death" about life, death, the Tao and how a living being works from an energetic point of view. At last you burn out your reserve of primal godly life force (TE) and cease to exist.

With truth and insight comes power if you use them well, you know, and whom can you believe if not one of the most powerful there is...?

Hello, forestofsouls :) ,

BTW thank you very much for sharing your experiences with Waysun Liao with us!

That was very insightful for me!

What do you think of Gary Clyman?

Do you have experiences with him too?

If it makes a difference, I also think Santiago has "the juice."

Well, who is that guy and what system did he follow to get "the juice" as you call it?

Does he offer DVD's or books to learn that system?

EDIT: O.K., I got it: It's Vajrasattva!

Edited by Dorian Black

mjj,

get over yourself.

we don't care about you nearly as much as you think we do.

afaik you have nothing to show for all your years of "advanced" training.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Sign in to follow this