Vajrasattva

Dr. Morris's Secret Smile & Breathing basic KAP 1 (Giri for the Tao Bumbs : ) )

I don't have the money for it unfortunately.

ok just do secret smile

1) Relaxation 5 min

2) Confidence 5 min

3) HAPPY 5 min

4) Love 5min

5) Bliss 5min

• Like 1

Hi Santiago,

A few questions concerning "The Kundalini Awakening Breathing Instructions":

1) What is the fudosai posture? Do you have a picture? (Google has nothing on it)

2) For the hand mudra, are the fingers interlaced (like looking at 10 fingers in a row, the tips of each finger in the cracks between the fingers of the other hand) or are the fingers of each pressed together and each hand is just resting on top of each other? If they are interlaced, which index finger is on top, the right hand's index finger or the left?

3) Does the tip of the tongue go where the gum begins (so the tip of the tongue is touching the teeth and the gums), or does it rest further up in the front corner of the palate where the roots of the front teeth meet the palate. (When I put my tongue there my whole nose becomes numb).

Thanks.

TI

• Like 1

I remember inventing something similar to the secret smile a few years back, and I called it "state cycling".

Instead of the progressive relaxation self-induction like in the secret smile, I just got on the exercise bike in the gym and pedalled. The one pointed focus is simlarly hypnotic. Then I put myself through different emotional states, which were: amused, loving, protecting, hurt, orgasmic, and fighting-enraged. The negative emotional states helps by providing contrast, and after the workout in the streets, felt much calmer when met with some frustrating event. And the fun bit while doing the states was to see if I could emotionally influence the states of the people who were around doing their cardio workout, because we could all see each other's faces. Totally non-Taoist way of getting one's kicks.

May the universe have mercy on our souls

An affirmation

I love you

I'm sorry

Please forgive me

Thank you

May the universe have mercy on our souls

An affirmation

I love you

I'm sorry

Please forgive me

Thank you

Up to the top for incredible information

:)

Hi Santiago,

A few questions concerning "The Kundalini Awakening Breathing Instructions":

1) What is the fudosai posture? Do you have a picture? (Google has nothing on it)

2) For the hand mudra, are the fingers interlaced (like looking at 10 fingers in a row, the tips of each finger in the cracks between the fingers of the other hand) or are the fingers of each pressed together and each hand is just resting on top of each other? If they are interlaced, which index finger is on top, the right hand's index finger or the left?

3) Does the tip of the tongue go where the gum begins (so the tip of the tongue is touching the teeth and the gums), or does it rest further up in the front corner of the palate where the roots of the front teeth meet the palate. (When I put my tongue there my whole nose becomes numb).

Thanks.

TI

ditto I'm not familiar with this posture either.

anybody out there in bumland willing to clarify?

thanks in advance

I believe Glenn's Fudosai was sitting Indian style, cross legged, he'd recommend a firm meditation cushion under the butt like a zafu. He had an unusual option in sitting fudosai, that was to tuck a heel under the perineum ( point between genitals and anus). I've tried it and its never felt comfortable, if you can do it, then he recommended it.

He was a firm believer on keeping the tongue up against the roof of mouth while meditating, he thought ignoring that advice early on led to a bout of kunalini sickness he had.

Michael

Michael is correct. Also, when one heel is tucked in perineum (example the left), the right hip is externally rotated (like butterfly pose) and the right heel is pressing flat against the left shin (sometimes he recommended squeezing this contact point. The perineum pressure creates a lock (bandha); just remember to change sides frequently and build up the time in this posture or you can throw your back out.

Edited by Kameel

what a dummy thread ! !

I want to know, why is this 'happy' 'lovey' 'orgasmic' smile meditation, which is apparantly and obviously only a direct manipulation of psychological states,

-at all an indication of enlightenment??

There are deeper concepts, it is my opinion, that are to be regarded for serious aspirants of enlightenment, :rolleyes:

PS no, I didnt practice secret smile as per morris-- but as per chia. and compared to what I know now, I confidently assert it as a waste of time :o

PS I may be obnoxious, santiago, but my words warrant their merit ! you would do well to address them. Explain yourself, and the practices you promote-- because you are influencing the minds and lives of many others !

:wacko:

findley if you want me to ignore you so that you can enjoy your TTB experience like you suggested in your PM you are going to have to stop acting like a profanity removed (sexual innuendo was edited, too personal, but reinstated as its an accurate description :P then though better of it and removed again)

Ever heard the expression "Self praise is no recommendation?" Given what I know confidently assert that reading anything you write is a waste of time. :rolleyes:

Take a good look at yourself ok?

I want to know, why is this 'happy' 'lovey' 'orgasmic' smile meditation, which is apparantly and obviously only a direct manipulation of psychological states,

-at all an indication of enlightenment??

Try to understand there are many paths, not one, not everyone is focused on enlightenment.

Some of us want compassion (and yes I'm well aware that this post of mine isn't showing compasion)

But if the way you act is any guide why would anyone want to follow your path?

And you say you want to teach people!

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

and hurry up writing your reply I have better things to do today than think about you.

HAH yeah, Mal, I meant it too ! leave me alone !

I think you may have a crush on my personality. Maybe I can make a special trip to australia, and I will... ! In the meantime, you will have to ...

you are such a loooooser mal !

If people come to me in the future, it wont because I am some lubby-dubby ... like yourself :rolleyes:

geez get a clue

--unless you can answer santiago's question for him? I mean... do you have the capacity to address directly the content of my post, or can't you see past my big dick?

(I'm just kidding. I wouldnt ...)

edited for aggressive profanity...Moderator

Try a better insult I'm not 12 but I am disappointed that I waited for your reply.

I can try but I'm not actually sure what your question is.

Explain yourself, and the practices you promote-- because you are influencing the minds and lives of many others !

Secret smile IMHO is basically giving a similar result as loving kindness meditation. It IS a direct manipulation of psychological states and there IS nothing wrong with being able to do that, most people can't.

But like most fundamental practices it deepens and expands to much more as you progress.

KAP is just kundalini awakening and doing energy work.

p.s. Please don't ban findley, he is good practice for me, and I can re-edit my original post (or not). I would LOVE you to come to Australia as I'm sure you would be much more civil in real life :P and I'll no longer be trying to ignore your silly nonsense posts anymore. I use to worry about your stability but it's also fun to shake you (although not very compassionate on my part)

YGyH8Kf_0Fg

so would half/full lotus be acceptable? I usually sit full lotus for around 40 min anyway and i'm much more comfortable in half lotus than plain indian style.

morris did not like the lotus poses. They block the energy channels in the legs. in kap there is a strong focus on rooting.

^_^

• Like 1

so would half/full lotus be acceptable? I usually sit full lotus for around 40 min anyway and i'm much more comfortable in half lotus than plain indian style.

Meditate in ALL potures,

walking sitting laying down standing etc

findley,

Who said the secret smile was supposed to lead to enlightenment? How can you bash a meditation for not doing something it never claimed to do?

Learning to manipulate your psychological states is an incredibly useful thing. It helps maintain psychological health. Do you similarly bash all the qigong in the world that helps people stay physically healthy?

As far as enlightenment goes, one can go deeper and stay longer in meditation if ones physical body and aura are healthy and strong. So people who are serious about meditation do baduanjin, taiji, etc. The very same goes for having a healthy emotional state. Thus people practice the secret smile. It will not get you enlightenment, but it is a helpful tool on the path.

Furthermore, don't take this personally, but please consider the ramifications of your words before you post. You took a thread whose purpose was to freely distribute a practice that a very experienced cultivator thinks highly of, a thread that had nothing but good vibes, and you injected foul, thoughtless drivel into it. Have you considered that people will find this thread on google years from now? What's more, if I was a high level cultivator thinking I had something to offer the forum and saw that kind of thing occurring, I would think twice about joining. Please try to keep this place as high-vibing as possible so it can be of maximal help to maximal people.

-Tyler

Edited by Creation

In the meantime, you will have to fuck yourself.

you are such a loooooser mal !

If people come to me in the future, it wont because I am some lubby-dubby cocksucker like yourself :rolleyes:

geez get a clue

--unless you can answer santiago's question for him? I mean... do you have the capacity to address directly the content of my post, or can't you see past my big dick?

(I'm just kidding. I wouldnt let you slurp me off.)

Reported. I suggest others do the same as Fimbo has been warned once by Sean already.

The secret smile specifically with regards to Kundalini helps facilitate it's awakening and smooth passage. It's a practice common in may traditions and can be used as a powerful tool to open the heart chakra and get in touch with the heart voice (the still small voice within).

With more energy the ability to manifest becomes greater and if fear or negative emotion take hold you can have a rough ride with Kundalini like quite a few others have. Using the power of the secret smile and combining positive emotions (it's all energy anyway) as previously stated facilitates a more receptive state and concomitantly surrender is easier.

Regardless of how enlightenment is reached be it energy practice or stillness (both lead to the other anyway) once the ego dissolves or begins to the unprepared will fail. Surrender is the key. Enlightenment is only a step in the process anyway.

Thank you Santiago for sharing this and bless you.

Edited by Biff

It's o.k I do make love with myself, and we ask the people we love to do the second act so it's not like any of that is really insulting :P

But being disrespectful to a loving and giving person like Santiago is not cool at all.

LOOK

While 'santiago' and mr. morris share their concepts about being happy

what of the concept of enlightenment ?

While you guys promote the worth of feel-good emotions

you prove to me you have no concept or yearning for enlightenment.

The secret smile is like eating cheeto's

When you should be sinking your teeth into some meat.

I damn the junk-food vendor !

Fundamentals build strong foundations, everyone should practice them.

A solid foundation becomes in valuable when doing more advanced practices.

Creation has the right idea

People who are serious about meditation do baduanjin, taiji, etc. The very same goes for having a healthy emotional state. Thus people practice the secret smile. It will not get you enlightenment, but it is a helpful tool on the path.

OK, look, I will try and spell it out to you imbeciles-- because you cannot be expected to be wise on your own:

"The whole world recognizes the beautiful as the beautiful, yet this is only the ugly; the whole world recognizes the good for the good, yet this is only the bad.

...Before and after follow eachother."

"Heaven and Earth are ruthless, and treat the myriad beings as straw-dogs; the sage is ruthless and treats the people as straw-dogs."

"Heaven and Earth are enduring. The reason why Heaven and Earth can be enduring, is that they do not give themselves life. Hence, they are able to be long-lived.

Therefore, the sage puts his person last, and finds it comes first,

treats it as extraneous to himself, and finds that it is preserved.

Is it not that he is without thought of self, that he is able to accomplish his private ends?"

"The five colors make man's eyes blind;

the five notes make his ears deaf;

the five tastes injure his palate.

Ridig and hunting

make his mind go wild with excitement;

Goods hard to come by hinder his progress.

Hence, the sage is for the belly, not the eye;

he discards one for the other."

-These are quotes from within only the first 15 chapters of the Tao Te Ching. (I'm nto making a writing project out of this, for you morons who fail to read and understand.

Manipulating the psychological states, (of course, rooted in the 5 elements, [see last extract,]) will lead you no-where. What fool should imagine, that confidence, love, happiness will lead to enlightenment? -- or even begin to lead the way ?!

Good and bad lie in eachother's wake-- what fool seeks to find enlightenment in the good ?!

Enlightenment is a state that lies OVER the self. Should you lock yourself INTO yourself by emphasizing this fantasized worth of the emotions-- leads one AWAY from enlightenment. (even if you do make yourself smile !)

You fools need to realize, that the 'buddha' 'within' you lies as well outside of you; and is in fact independent of the psychology !

Morris may have the power to slap me an Ol' Chum on the back-- and put me into convulsions-- maybe-- but even this is not truly indicative of enlightenment ! If you promote these practices, do not call yourself a 'Taoist', a 'buddhist', or a devout aspirant of the Way; you are a fool fad-cultivator, with no concept of enlightenment !

Energy practice is not the road to enlightenment:

"Rather than fill it to the brim by keeping it upright

better to have stopped in time;

hammer it to a point

and the sharpness cannot be preserved for ever;

there may be gold and jade to fill the hall

but there is none who can keep them.

To be overbearing when one has wealth and position

is to bring calamity upon oneself.

To retire when the task is accomplished

is the way of Heaven."

So-- please-- !

edited for profanity...moderator

LOOK, findley, I'll spell it out for you-because you can't be expected to 'get it' on your own.

You make me laugh. From what I can tell, you are so wrapped up in your own ego, preconceptions, and ideas of what YOU think is the Way, or the meaning behind some text, that you completely miss the point that many others have stated.

I have nothing to do with KAP, etc., other than that I plan on signing up. I'm representing only myself here.

From what I understand, 'Secret Smile' is done because Kundalini, when aroused, can be scary shit. RE: Gopi Krishna. The 'Secret Smile' is (correct me if I'm wrong, guys) used-by more than one tradition- to prepare the person for whats next. I'm sure it's more than that later on, but I don't the point of KAP is simply to make everyone blissful.

It's called 'Kundlini Awakening Process", not "Findley's Enlightenment Process-based upon the Tao Te Ching".

Another point- You seem to think that GENEROUSLY SHARING a part of a practice which brings on a state of bliss is bad cultivation, junk food vending, etc.., then PLEASE, TELL ME--

What do you think of a 'cultivator' who spills foul insults-unprovoked-with the maturity of a 13year old delinquent? (That YOU I'm referring to, Findley)

Look-KAP is popular on TTB, Findley isn't, so Findley attacks KAP...Jealous? I bet you love all of this attention, dont you?

The type of Asceticism you seem to advocate is not for everyone, and IMO it's not likely to work well for people who live in modern societies.

So, there is more than one path. PERIOD.

You can try to ignore all temptations, material and physical pleasure, and starve your 'self', or you can smile and simply let all the other stuff go, realizing that you are perfect in yourself, and don't need all the junk.

Findley, please man, your arms look tired from carrying all that baggage. Let it go.

Bast wishes.

Nate

The Secret Smile has to do with gaining some aspect of control over emotions like ANGER or joy, which,

are of course psychological states. If you are beyond your emotions, and I would hazard to guess exactly none of the members here are, then feel free to work toward your enlightenment. Evidence of strong emotion indicates that there is still the need to work with emotion and psychological states. If you're really angry, I'd say that you're not yet close to 'enlightenment, whatever that is. I actually prefer to consider that I am working toward Awakening. It sounds less like ego desiring to be 'special'.