lightminefire

mo pai n kunlun

I was wondering WHAT if someone like Kosta decided to practice kunlun as well?

Since he already practicing Mo Pai, would kunlun cause anything?

What would happen if u mix mo pai and kunlun together?

I like to hear waht ya have to say about this?

He would still get beaten up by Chuck Norris :P

• Like 1

Since he already practicing Mo Pai, would kunlun cause anything?

What would happen if u mix mo pai and kunlun together?

I like to hear waht ya have to say about this?

It would cause major energy sickness. Mo Pai is a "Earth to heaven" energy. Kunlun is "heaven to Earth" This refers to how the energy flows. If you tried to mix the two, it would result in an energy "traffic jam"

It would cause major energy sickness. Mo Pai is a "Earth to heaven" energy. Kunlun is "heaven to Earth" This refers to how the energy flows. If you tried to mix the two, it would result in an energy "traffic jam"
And yet isn't that the basic premise of Kan & Li alchemy? Uniting Heavenly Yang with Earthly Yin?

Yet in one case it's a primordial fusion, but the other a traffic jam?

Not that I suggest doing it...just questioning the logic here?

?

Edited by Vajrasattva

How much experience have you had with people who train Mopai?

I haven't had any in Mo pai. But the way I have heard described "filling the dan tien until it overflows and moves up the spine" is a very common earth to heaven practice. The energy, like kundalini, moves up. Kunlun and Shang Ch'ing move the energy down. I am not making any value judgements. They both have the same utlimate goal. They are different methods, that's all. I have had experience in Shang Ch'ing practices and I have trained in Kunlun and it's "cousin" extensively. Kunlun is mostly Shang Ch'ing Tao. The Shang Ch'ing alchemy, postures and mindset is very different and in some cases completely backwards to many other alchemy traditions. (Again not better or worse, just different.) I personally tried to mix the two and it was disastrous for me energetically. I was told not to mix the two and I did anyway... Live and learn...

And yet isn't that the basic premise of Kan & Li alchemy? Uniting Heavenly Yang with Earthly Yin?

Yet in one case it's a primordial fusion, but the other a traffic jam?

Not that I suggest doing it...just questioning the logic here?

Vortex are you a kunloonie?

No Kan and Li (from my understanding) is still different. After mixing the two (Kan and Li) at the lower dan tien the energy rises up the spine. That is not what kunlun does.. I'm not an expert in Kan and Li so I may be missing some parts of it. But that is my understanding.

In Shang Ch'ing we are not seeking to unite heaven and Earth. We are dissolving earth with descending heaven... It is not a path for everyone. It can feel like it is killing you. (your earthly self).

The way I was taught is: earth to heaven paths are going from something to nothing to something again. (kundalini from root to crown to root again) and Heaven to earth paths go from Nothing to Something to Nothing Crown to root to crown again. There is no way to explain it in words further. it has to be experienced.. and again it is not for everyone...

Edited by fiveelementtao

interesting. its 2 bad we can't find anybody who practice mo pai.

I would like to see that.

what would be the symptoms if one were to do it.

would one feel lost of energy or get common sick aka flu,sick or maybe DEATH...

Edited by lightminefire

My Sifu beat Chuck in Competition.

Really, thats pretty cool, he must like all the Chuck Norris jokes.

Pirate vs. Ninja? :lol:

Avast, me hearties! go the Pirates :lol:

I 've tried to help before here but folks do not get it or want to get it.

good luck.

Peace

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

I 've tried to help before here but folks do not get it or want to get it.

good luck.

Peace

Santiago

This is my first day here. Oddly enough I wanted to know more about both Kunlun and Mo Pai - and here is this thread that seemed perfect. I'm finding it very difficult to find people who will actually talk about techniques.

5elemental,

Sorry you are completely wrong about MO PAI and stop trying to mix your crap with what YOU believe is correct!

Ape

Really, thats pretty cool, he must like all the Chuck Norris jokes.

Avast, me hearties! go the Pirates :lol:

You wouldn't believe what I'm gonna vote for in the next elections... Pirate Party! B)

We as humans recieve energy from universe (heavens) coming downwards and upwards (earth) at all times but for some reason Kunlun is a mysterious downward path?! GRRRR

We as humans recieve energy from universe (heavens) coming downwards and upwards (earth) at all times but for some reason Kunlun is a mysterious downward path?! GRRRR

Hahaha Exactly!

In Kap its like this once you understand:

It Flows from ALL directions. A Star pulls it in from Up Down Left & Right Front & Back and all in between : )

None of the flows hurt each other or the "Conduit"....THey are all just currents in the same Sea.

Hahaha Exactly!

In Kap its like this once you understand:

It Flows from ALL directions. A Star pulls it in from Up Down Left & Right Front & Back and all in between : )

None of the flows hurt each other or the "Conduit"....THey are all just currents in the same Sea.

That just gave me an "aha" moment. The online name I more commonly use is "star" It came to me after some quiet contemplation.

Also, I"ve never run into systems or "energy flows that are bad for each other"

I used to take in several energy systems a day, from various people and online groups. If I didn't like what I was recieving I stopped it or removed it - but as of yet I haven't ever had the problem of running energy incorrectly through practice.

Ok, i understand where you are comming from, thanx for the quick reply.

I dont know we should take the direction litteraly though. Energy flows everywhere yes. I think its more like if you wonna work systematically its better to start from a fixed point, wether it is upper or lower doesnt matter aslong as you dont switch to much there's less chance practices will interfere.

Intresting subject none the less :)

To Mokona, i dont know about flow but i do know when diffrent kinds of energy (frequency maybe ?) cannot be transmuted quickly enough in the body they can react with eachother creating unpleasant effect, i heard a word called winddisease or energysickness but this can also have other meanings. If you havent encountered this yet, great !

You mentioned you took several energypractices a day and these didnt gave negative result wich is nice. Still i can guess its possible that if you practice 2 paths with diffrent focus over a longer time that its possible you get negative results as you are influencing your natural energyflow in diffrent ways. Often you dont heal instantly from energyhealing, same way its possible you dont get sick instantly from mixing up practices.

Im not the one who gonna test it all out though, the body is so precious, its nice of the threadstarter to start with informing himself first.

Btw, Mokona i dont know the details of youre practice ffcourse so its yust speculation :)

Regards, Mike

Edited by minkus

Ok, i understand where you are comming from, thanx for the quick reply.

I dont know we should take the direction litteraly though. Energy flows everywhere yes. I think its more like if you wonna work systematically its better to start from a fixed point, wether it is upper or lower doesnt matter aslong as you dont switch to much there's less chance practices will interfere.

Intresting subject none the less :)

To Mokona, i dont know about flow but i do know when diffrent kinds of energy (frequency maybe ?) cannot be transmuted quickly enough in the body they can react with eachother creating unpleasant effect, i heard a word called winddisease or energysickness but this can also have other meanings. If you havent encountered this yet, great !

You mentioned you took several energypractices a day and these didnt gave negative result wich is nice. Still i can guess its possible that if you practice 2 paths with diffrent focus over a longer time that its possible you get negative results as you are influencing your natural energyflow in diffrent ways. Often you dont heal instantly from energyhealing, same way its possible you dont get sick instantly from mixing up practices.

Im not the one who gonna test it all out though, the body is so precious, its nice of the threadstarter to start with informing himself first.

Btw, Mokona i dont know the details of youre practice ffcourse so its yust speculation :)

Regards, Mike

I don't know what to say, I dont follow any specific practice. I do Tai Chi Chuan, and mix it with other stances and breathing practices I have learned. No bad effects as of yet.

I don't know what to say, I dont follow any specific practice. I do Tai Chi Chuan, and mix it with other stances and breathing practices I have learned. No bad effects as of yet.

Dont have to do anything, youre free to say what you want. (Within the forum rules cough)

Cool you do taiji, certainly keep it up :) What style you do ?

Mjjbecker, last thing i heard about David was that he claimed to have reached the mating of the 2 energies (people can claim alot offcourse) and that he invited Wang Liping to Europe wich at the end didnt happen.

Do you have any news on he's whereabouts lately ? Im suprised Sean Denty doesnt invade all cultivation related forums anymore to respond to or promote anything foundation-practice related.

I havent read there forum since it went subscription only, did notice there website was still up.

Im curieus maybe :)

Regards

Edited by minkus