Sign in to follow this  
goldisheavy

poem

hello goldisheavy - nice tight essay. pretty clean, too imho.

Goldisheavy, it has crossed my mind to ask a few times when reading your posts, are you familiar with U. G. (not J.) Krishnamurti?

Goldisheavy, it has crossed my mind to ask a few times when reading your posts, are you familiar with U. G. (not J.) Krishnamurti?

I am slightly familiar with UG. I read some of his writings and they don't really click with me. He says too many things I disagree with. I don't know how UG means what he says, but what I say is only to be used as a tool and not to be taken 100% seriously.

I find that the trouble is with the extremes. When people don't take things seriously at all, that's one extreme. Or they take things 100% seriously, that's another. Between those imaginary extremes there is a nice creative middle ground where you take things seriously enough to be interested and to have fun and not seriously enough to hurt oneself or to get mentally fixated. In this sense, I think I am way, way more fun than UG. UG seems humorless and mentally fixated to me. That's just an impression I have of him.

Sign in to follow this