Sign in to follow this  
Guest winpro07

Stop Maca Now

Guest winpro07

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/organic.asp

Please follow this link..Food Safety Modernization Act

Everyone Must Get Involved Now

Ginger, Turmeric, Neem Declared "Hazardous" in Thailand After Chemical Companies Try to Protect Pesticide Profits <Herbs Declared "Hazardous" to Protect Pesticide Profits>

The government of Thailand has classified 13 plants - traditionally used as herbal medicines and natural pesticides - as "hazardous substances," causing outrage among farmers and advocates of traditional medicine.

The plants - including ginger, turmeric, neem and chili - have been classified by the Industry Ministry as "hazardous substances type 1," requiring all manufacturers, growers, importers or exporters of any products made from the plants to follow strict safety and quality control rules or face up to six months in jail and a 50,000 baht ($1,400) fine.

Edited by winpro07

Well, world is such a small place. I met two weeks ago a Chinese lady here in Brisbane at a small venue. She told me she was going to travel to Bangkok for business reasons. I asked her about the nature of the business and she replied saying that the chemical company she works for is planning to expand business in that country because of the favourable conditions for that.

From one of the links provided by the OP:

Witoon Lianchamroon of the organic farming nonprofit Biothai said he suspects that the move is intended to benefit chemical companies

This makes me sick, Thailand a traditionally "Buddhist" country behaving like a greedy corporation.

Bad karma to their Government which is proven to be corrupt (recent demonstrations are proving the turmoil that country is going through).

Let's hope this whole thing comes to nothing.

Sign in to follow this