sabin1star

any info on damo qigong?

I ran across the damo qigong website a couple of years ago.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular program?

I know there are many other qigong styles that could be called damo qigong but I'm just wondering about this organization.

I know there are many other qigong styles that could be called damo qigong but I'm just wondering about this organization.

I don't know about the program...

But look at this: http://www.damo-qigong.net/summar.htm

That's great! I say it's well written. It is very hard to put something like that in words, but this is not a bad attempt. It's one version of how immortality is achieved. I would like to talk to someone like that on this forum.

I've bookmarked it and will come back for more reading.

Edited by goldisheavy

Dao Zhen, who is the creator of the damo-qigong site, visits taobums every so often and leaves posts that shine for ages. You can probably pm him.

Dao Zhen, who is the creator of the damo-qigong site, visits taobums every so often and leaves posts that shine for ages. You can probably pm him.

Yeah I second that

more ditto. Dao Zhen's writings often find there way into my Best of Taobums journal. If you keep your eyes open you can find some pretty deep thinkers here.

Michael

Just found the Taobums site. Looks like some pretty good discussion threads running, and looks like I could contribute some info about the damo-qigong site. Back some, I took a course on internal alchemy in China with Hu Xue Zhi and damo-qigong is his website. Hu's the real deal. He knows theory you don't normally find. His alchemy practices pack a punch that lasts long term. He's real low key, a real ordinary dude. But knows what he's talking about. I looked for the Dao Zhen posts you mention - still working out navigation of the taobums site, so there might be a heap more. The ones I found are a lot like the same Hu materials and teaching I got. Like you said, it really shines. Really great writing. Anyway, if you google damo-qigong you'll find a real library of interesting materials

Yeah ive seen that site for years and always wondered what its like and who teachers the information!

Any clips or pics of the courses?

Just found the Taobums site. Looks like some pretty good discussion threads running, and looks like I could contribute some info about the damo-qigong site. Back some, I took a course on internal alchemy in China with Hu Xue Zhi and damo-qigong is his website. Hu's the real deal. He knows theory you don't normally find. His alchemy practices pack a punch that lasts long term. He's real low key, a real ordinary dude. But knows what he's talking about. I looked for the Dao Zhen posts you mention - still working out navigation of the taobums site, so there might be a heap more. The ones I found are a lot like the same Hu materials and teaching I got. Like you said, it really shines. Really great writing. Anyway, if you google damo-qigong you'll find a real library of interesting materials

Dao Zhen added many pictures too. You can look in the gallery. Maybe you see your teacher in some of the photos?

So how was the course you did? Did you learn the practice outlined in the dao-qigong site? How has it been working for you?

I remember also Pietro did the practice Dao Zhen teatches. You can probably look up Pietros journal in the Personal Practice section. I never new why he stopped... If you see this Pietro, why did you stop updating the journal?

Yes and it is nothing for me, I dont achived anything apart from a nice tour to China.

Do any of the bums here have more recent experience of the DaMo qigong material?

There is an excellent practical guide to internal alchemy, and as mentioned above the writing shines with what feels like 'truth' but has anyone had experience of the retreats or the correspondence course? (http://www.taoiststudy.com/content/damo-qigong-home-study-course)

Just wondered if there was anything to offset Loke's Loke-warm (sorry :P ) comment above....

thanks

I think Damo Mitchell studied with Master Hu and DaMo Qigong, but they are not to be confused. Master Hu and Damo are also FB friends.

Thanks SG, that's very interesting.

I took this home study course in 2010. The website layout has changed a lot since then. The free lesson is located at https://www.damo-qigong.net/qigong-practice/free-qigong-course-part-one/ . It does a good job of describing the main sequence. The full version adds additional postures and details of practice, perspective, and alignment. Of course having the videos is a big help to get it right. A lot of what else is in the books is also found throughout the website.

In the years since then I was always lacking true discipline and only kept up the practice for a couple months at a time here and there. Also bounced around trying some other systems. Even with that being the case, during those times doing Damo qigong, i experienced particularly healthy benefits and learned some of the most important things about qi than i ever thought possible.

Edited by Nintendao
updated hyperlink
  • Like 1

I know this is a few years old now but anyone have anymore experience with this course ?

I am thinking about taking it , does anyone know if its a download or is it posted ?