Sign in to follow this  
Owledge

Visualization before Kunlun necessary?

In the book it says that the visualization helps to avoid energy blockages. Well, shouldn't Kunlun itself solve them?

Because my practice was pretty calm and ended early lately (it more or less ends itself), I began to abandon the visualizazion, supposing that it might be to clear the mind from the daily sorrows or something like that, and I usually don't have a stressful day at all.

The mediation seemed a bit more 'tingly' and eventful since dropping the vis., so what's the purpose of it?

Read the 2nd line :rolleyes::) its a requirement that adds a safety measures for those who do not do their practice properly.

(My thoughs on "properly" Not enough time in the close down posture)

The inhales white, exhales blue/ gray / black smoke is a very common purification practice.

It's not necessary.... but very useful if you need it :)

That's the known problem with the book: No simple, concise explanations where necessary. How do I know whether I do it properly? I guess so, because I just let things go their way. Not much that could be done wrong.

Assuming it aids the purpose of closedown, then I could use the saved time on closedown. ;)

I just don't feel a significant (noticeable) difference, so I dropped it. If I feel I need purification, well, I guess that happens naturally during Kunlun, when thoughts about the passed day might emerge and then pass away. Could be nothing more than lowering the time-efficiency of the practice.

Also the thing is: I sense when to end the stillness, I sense when to end the closedown, but I have no sense at all for the necessary length of visualization. It doesn't really start, mostly remains vague, and from the sensations I get, I feel like "I could assume the Kunlun posture now as well".

How do I know whether I do it properly?

Yes it's a bit hard, comes with experience over time, listening to your body, feeling the effects. After a while I also rarely did the visualization, unless I was feeling like I needed to breath out some negative stuff.

Assuming it aids the purpose of closedown, then I could use the saved time on closedown. ;)

Fair enough, although Kunlun is already so simple and quick time-efficient that even mentioning it as important should be a bit of a clue. A safeguard if it is needed. Most people reading the book will have NOTHING else to help / guide them.

Also the thing is: I sense when to end the stillness, I sense when to end the closedown, but I have no sense at all for the necessary length of visualization.

I felt the same, although I always made sure to closedown for longer than I felt necessary. Also for many people without meditation experience even being still enough to do that visualization can take quite a lot of practice.

p.s. Actually after a bit of thinking when I do that breathe in white breathe out black gray smoke, over time the smoke usually becomes lighter until it's basically white energy too.

Perhaps a go at just the visualization for a long period of time, with no wanting to get to the "good stuff" (kunlun) might give it a "finished feeling" too.

I remember doing the visualization during the kunlun posture too, so you are not the only one to feel time pressured :)

Cloud visualization is great for alot of things like, stillness, spontaneous movement as you go with the wind or let the wind guide you, makes you like a god or Deity cause you are flying on a cloud (floating) just to name a few.

I have cloud visualization in one of my meditation practices and when you really can see and feel and believing that you can feel the sun rays, the cool air breeze, smell, taste, lightness you enter a different state.

hope this helps....

Ape

P.S Visualization is the key u must also believe its truly happening!!!

I am not good at visualizations, and I realized that by practicing the KL initial visualization... :(

Still, I do it regularly - and the same holds for the closedown - trying not to discount their importance and considering them as an integral part of KL1. This is the message I think Max tried to convey in the book.

Since in the book there is no guideline on the duration of the visualization, I have arbitrarily set 10 mins for it.

My routine is:

- 10 mins visualization, 30 mins KL proper, 10 mins closedown (when I am in a hurry)

- 10 mins visualization, 45 mins KL proper, 15 mins closedown (when I have more time)

- 10 mins visualization, 60 mins KL proper, 20 mins closedown (when I have lots of time, unfortunately very rarely. 60 and 20 mins are the recommended durations in the book)

:P

Edited by hervoyel

Sign in to follow this