cheya

Book on the Assemblage Point

Jon Whale wrote a book on the assemblage point (as in the tradition of Castenada and Mares).
It's called The Catalyst of Power: The Assemblage Point of Man.
Has anybody read this?

There's a free sample download at http://dragonrising.com/store/catalyst_of_power/

Also of interest, Whale's medical pages. Looks like he's treating the AP with electric devices.
Colored light, infrared, and gemstones also seem to be involved.
http://www.whalemedical.com/

From there you can get to his page on the Assemblage Point: http://www.whalemedical.com/cd1.html
(and seems like a lot of other interesting energy/healing stuff.)

Jon Whale wrote a book on the assemblage point (as in the tradition of Castenada and Mares).

Adeha

After I have looked at the pictures I think that it more resemble

me of the assemblage point of the Deer Tribe.

It's interesting to me how the assemblage point is the same approximate area that Ramana Maharshi said the seat of the Self is. Where awareness begins to move outwards through the body.

I still don't know about the book...trying to read it...

It's interesting to me how the assemblage point is the same approximate area that Ramana Maharshi said the seat of the Self is. Where awareness begins to move outwards through the body.

Where?

Well that's just a connection I made which may not be accurate. The heart area.

Also I should add: trying to locate it is useless. It doesn't exist physically. It's just where awareness first becomes aware in the body. It can be figured out by self inquiry.

I'll put my personal thoughts on this in my practice journal, later, and save this thread for a discussion on the book itself...

Guest winpro07

if you squeeze the scapula togther where they touch and about a hands length behind is the location of the assemblage point

So I'm not a fan of the book or the methods within. Crystals, muscle testing, light therapy...not impressed. Unscientific while trying to sound scientific.

Although the idea of an assemblage point is fun. You can get all of that info in the free preview.

There is a group that works much more in depth on the assemblage point, and I think the website is assemblagepointshift.com or something. I do not think there are any practitioners in the northeast where I live though. There may still be a guy in NH that was practicing the Whale method and some sort of crystal laser machine that is very expensive.

I still don't know about the book...trying to read it...

Those are very different concepts. Assemblage point is something that's shifting around and doesn't have a permanent position. That's not even slightly similar to the "seat of self" idea. It seems like you're picking up a superficial similarity while ignoring deep differences.

You may be right, Gold...it was just a spur of the moment idea when I first saw the diagram. What are the deep differences, to you?

The awareness shifts around in the body as well...