Sign in to follow this  
Guest winpro07

Stop Maca

Guest winpro07

Dear Friend,

As You may already know, there is legislation well-underway to make Organic Gardening ILLEGAL, even in your own home garden. The legislation has been drafted by Monsanto. Imagine being required - by law - to use pesticides and other MANDATED chemicals???

Recently, the Mid America CropLife Association (MACA) has a bone to pick with Michelle Obama. MACA represents chemical companies that produce pesticides, and they are angry that - wait for it - Michelle Obama isn't using chemicals in her organic garden at the White House.

I am not making this up.

In an email they forwarded to their supporters, a MACA spokesman wrote, "While a garden is a great idea, the thought of it being organic made [us] shudder." MACA went on to publish a letter it had sent to the First Lady asking her to consider using chemicals -- or what they call "crop protection products" -- in her garden.

Michelle Obama and has done America a great service by publicizing the importance of nutritious food for kids (she's growing the garden in partnership with a local elementary school class) as well as locally grown produce as an important, environmentally sustainable food source.

I just signed a petition telling MACA's board members to stop using Michelle Obama's garden to spread propaganda about produce needing to be sprayed with chemicals. I hope you will, too.

Please have a look and take action.

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/wh_garden/?r_by=3454-1578928-K7D2k.x&rc=confemail

Thanks!

Although perfectly believable ... do you have more sources for these news?

I read about the White House garden story, and provided that the newspaper didn't omit something ( which they very often do :rolleyes: ), then I find it a bit odd to let children work in the White House garden to grow organic food that then will be consumed by the White House staff. Has a certain irony considering that Michelle is black ... you know ... the whole slavery thing.

Is this really true? Why does the food not go to ... I don't know ... maybe ... the children?! :huh:

Sign in to follow this