90_1494798740

Taoist Yoga: Week 3

The quest goes on ...

The Standing Exercise feels a little bit weird. I have never thought of putting the hands on the head :rolleyes: (at least not in the context of taoist meditation). The shoulders are still not yet very relaxed!

The week's Sexual Kung Fu Exercise is interesting. Closing the pharynx with the root of the tongue reminds me of "Pressing and Curling the Tongue" in Yudelove's first book. All the exercises for the tongue and eyes seem to activate a lot of stagnant chi (heart and liver).

What are the alchemical ingredients of this exercise? :blink:

Deep belly breathing (chi), the orbit (or connection of ren mai and du mai; tongue on wind/fire/water point), a sound (cf. the Six Healing Sounds) to relax the 3rd pump combined with the closure and compression (condensed chi) of the tongue (heart) and first gate (pineal gland).

Well, practice will tell! ;)

Putting the hands on top of the head while doing some Standing Chi Kung is very good to relax the shoulders!

The Hair Breathing Exercises produce a lot of saliva. Breath through the different areas and pull the energy into the mouth and relax. You will be astonished how much saliva that produces! I never got such an extreme effect with the Swallowing Saliva Exercise.

Be careful with the combination of the two versions of the Sexual Kung Fu Exercise - especially if you're are very sensitive to energy! Try both versions for some time, then you can go over to combine both versions (it's not in the book, but I tried it nevertheless; the combination seemed more interesting to me). :D

Do some rounds of the Healing Sounds of the respective element before the Shen Exercise. It improves the exercise (even though the Healing Sounds are a part of the Shen Exercise).