TimBlack

Purification Ceremony

Is anyone aware of a self conducted Purification Ceremony that I could perform at home?

Although I am aware that some practicing Taoists may not believe in the use of such practices, I do believe that not all energy that surrounds us is neutral.

(1) Room Impregnation

By breathing through the lungs and pores of your body, you inhale vital energy. With the power of your imagination, press this vital energy into your whole body to the point that it radiates dynamically. At this point your body should be like a luminous power, a focal point or burning point. You could easily make the statement that it is an individual sun. With every inhalation, increase the compressed vital energy as well as the luminous power and fill the room with it. With the help of the emanating energy (radiant power), the room should literally be as light as if the sun were shining. It is possible through repeated and continued exercises to illuminate a dark room or a room at night to such a degree that the objects in the room can be seen well, not only by the practicing student but also by the unitiated, because the light of the vital energy can be materialized by this method into actual daylight which in reality is only the practice of the power of the imagination.

The magician will not be satisfied with these phenoma alone, for he knows very well that the vital energy possesses a universal character. Not only is the vital energy a carrier of his ideas, thoughts and wishes, but also the manifester of his imagination. He can attain everything throught his vital energy; however, to realize this is a matter for the plastic imagination.

When the student is filling his room with his emanating energy, he must also imagine what he is trying to accomplish - for instance, that the room will be cleared of all astral and magical influences or that these will vanish, or that not only will the magician feel health and well in that room, but so will anyone else who enters or remains there.

Furthermore, the magician can impregnate his room with the wish for proper inspiration, success and so forth in all his undertakings. Magicians that are further advanced have the ability to protect their rom, and the moment unwelcomes guests enter it they become restless and do not want to remain. Such a room is impregnated with the notion of protection and fear.

When exhaling, the magician can return the accumulated vital energy to the universe and retain the emanating energy or the luminous power in the room with the help of his imagination.

He also has another possibility: through his imagination he can project the vital energy directly from the universe into the room without first accumulating the vital energy in his body, especially when he has reached a certain level of proficiency in the accumulation of vital energy in the body. He can impregnate the room in this manner even with his own wishes. There are no set limits when the imagination joins forces with will-power and belief, coupled with a firm conviction.

Since the power of the imagination knows neither time nor space, this work can be accomplished even from the greatest distance. In time, and with the aid of this technique, the magician will be able to charge any room, small or large, far or near. In respect to his ethical development, he will only entertain good and noble things and through this his might will be limitless. Practice makes perfect!

From Initiation into Hermetics by Franz Bardon

Hand typed from the book. Can you feel the love? :lol:

Sean.

if you are into cleansing the energy of your home environment then it can be a very simple process.

as perhaps you are aware, all objects have an aura (has a little question... how many people can see auras? when i can be bothered i can see auras around people and objects, trees in particular have a lovely aura... but i don't see colours... yet). all objects have an energy field. 'non-living' (im not sure if anything can really be defined as non-living, but you know what i'm talking about) begin as a neutral energy. they can be charged by an active/living person with whatever energy that person feels.

i.e. a friend comes over to your house in a pissed off mood. picks up one of your pillows and holds it, punchs it, etc as he relates to you why he is so angry. after he is done... he gets up and leaves. that pillow has now been charged with his negative energy and anyone who is not psychically strong will be affected by that energy when coming into contact with the pillow. if not remedied... over time that pillow will leak its energy into the couch, the walls, the carpet, the cabinet, etc. over time the whole room may be charged with that negative energy.

to remedy...

tidy up the room, get rid of any piles of stuff lying around as this tends to accumulate energy easily. rearrange the room as this will collapse the energy structure built up.

its that easy.

but if you want a bit more in depth energy purification.... get some salt (i reckon sea salt would be best) and sprinkle this all around the room, on the floor and furniture if you like too. leave it for a day or two then vacuum up. salt is very neutral and has kind of a 'reset' function in that it resets all the energy in the room to a more neutral state.

you can also go around and individually 'charge' objects in the room by holding them, clearing your mind and just letting whatever 'program' you want to put in them, such as happiness or freedom or abundance or whatever... let that feeling wash over you and then just project it into the object.

it works!

that looks like an awesome book!

7848[/snapback]

It does doesn't it. In fact based on Sean's typed up stuff, and a quick look on Amazon, I have just ordered it!

The basic Western Magick banishing ritual can be found in Kraig's Modern Magick. A non-denominational Chaos Magick version can be found in Condensed Chaos by Phil Hine. I think that Starwood's Spiral Dance has a Wicca version with salt & water, etc. It has been close to 20 years since I read that. I don't use this stuff anymore, but it was useful for a time.

(I actually think that Phil Hine and Jan Fries are the best writers on Western magick today.)

Winn's Primordial Chi Kung, even though it isn't a banishing, has a nice effect on the environment or the way I interact with it.

Good luck and be genki,

Tenguzake

Sage is used by a lot of different cultures to purify a space. They sell bundled sage in new age stores, herb shops, even some health food stores, and of course on the interenet.

You burn the sage and go around your house/room/apartment with the burning sage (clockwise, with doors and windows open). You can add any type of ritual, chant, meditation, etc. you want to this.

If you search sage, purificaition, etc. on Google you'll probably find more detailed info.

that looks like an awesome book!

7848[/snapback]

Yeah, I've had my eye on Bardon for years and was surprised to hear that he is one of the few if only Western occultists that many of these high level Healing Taoists admire, ie: Yudelove and Winn. Worth checking out. BobD, that's cool you ordered the book. Maybe we should start a group study thread when you get it.

Sean.

The Japanese incense is good like sage but smells classier. Fire up the smoke, light a few candles, do some rituals and meditate. When you can meditate peacefully that means that you and your house are peaceful again. Do a lot of healing sounds and visualize negative energy leaving the house when you do a sound. Then do an inner smile practice for your house and then rest in bliss. Wing it!

if you are into cleansing the energy of your home environment then it can be a very simple process.

to remedy...

tidy up the room, get rid of any piles of stuff lying around as this tends to accumulate energy easily. rearrange the room as this will collapse the energy structure built up.

its that easy.

but if you want a bit more in depth energy purification.... get some salt (i reckon sea salt would be best) and sprinkle this all around the room, on the floor and furniture if you like too. leave it for a day or two then vacuum up. salt is very neutral and has kind of a 'reset' function in that it resets all the energy in the room to a more neutral state.

you can also go around and individually 'charge' objects in the room by holding them, clearing your mind and just letting whatever 'program' you want to put in them, such as happiness or freedom or abundance or whatever... let that feeling wash over you and then just project it into the object.

it works!

7833[/snapback]

it's funny how we all enjoy the more esoteric of practices, even though they can be quite complex. the more funny esoteric terminology, weird visualisations, chanting, etc is included the more us westerners feel drawn to it.

the thing is they were designed for cultures that had more of a mysterious or esoteric view of the universe.... and perhaps were made quite complex to keep the knowledge slightly closed.

the reality of it is that most of the practices we do can be massively simplified and still totally as effective. perhaps not so exciting because we are not playing around with something so 'magical' anymore.... but the magic begins to return when you start to really get the science of what is around you. when you start to see auras and so forth..... even though it's all remarkably simple.

an example is what i said above to purify a room. salt is a very easy way to do it.... chanting can be included if you like or whatever, but really all the chanting, visualisations, etc are are just ways to get your mind in the right frame.

sage is also another good one...

Winn's Primordial Chi Kung, even though it isn't a banishing, has a nice effect on the environment or the way I interact with it.

7855[/snapback]

i agree. just had a great primordial this morning. it doesn't banish. it gathers and neutralizes.

yeah i totally agree about simplicity. just burn some sage. it is a spiritual antiseptic. and then you don't have to worry about invoking spirits you don't really want to be there.

and speaking of sulfur, you can burn it too to purify and drive away bad entities. doesn't smell as nice as smudge or incense though. but if ya dig pyrotechnics.....

You mean Starhawk?

I think that Starwood's Spiral Dance has a Wicca version with salt & water, etc. It has been close to 20 years since I read that. I don't use this stuff anymore, but it was useful for a time.

7855[/snapback]

Correct practice can change the energy in a room dramatically.

Our family has a cabin in the mountains, where several people have experienced "ghost" activity.

I stayed there some years ago alone, and I meditated alot.

Afterwards the energy there was

totally different.

Although, last spring I woke up in the middle of the night hearing a scratching noice. I felt the hairs on my back stand, but then I heard it was a mouse.

h

My favorite banishing ritual is actually just laughter. Deep, genuine belly laughter.

Other good ones I enjoy are:

Winn's breathing method found on CKF3 audio. Inhale the entire space you want to purify (the whole material universe if you'd like) in through your qihai (point two fingers below navel) back to your ming men (I picture this like in cartoons where the whole picture get's sucked into a hole or something). So now you are floating in emptiness. Nothing; not even space or darkness. The whole universe, or maybe just your apartment has been sucked into your ming men. Now exhale out from your ming men into the inside of your body, filling your whole body with the contents of what was "outside". Kind of abstract, no need to visualize the whole world inside of you, just feel a sense that you've breathed the contents of the universe into the inside of your body. Next, inhale and collapse both the contents of your "insides" that you've just exhaled, as well as your body itself back down to your ming men. So now Everything has collapsed into and been sucked up by the ming men. The Door of Life (Binah?). Next exhale from ming men out through qihai and fill up/create anew the entire universe/space you want to purify. Repeat from start as many times as you want. I love this practice. It's like WSM except a four part collapse/expansion of inside, outside, emptiness, suchness.

The Bardon method from Initiation into Hermetics described above.

The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, a good version of which is found in Modern Magick as Tenguzake mentioned above.

The stripped down method from Stealing Fire from Heaven inspired by LBRP and also Mantak Chia's work. (Actually this ritual is the reason I bought the book. Whole book is great though.)

Damn, my posts just naturally turn into advertisements these days. :rolleyes:

Sean.

but what if you just want to blow their fuckin brains out?

I don't know how to do that...

but leaving The BeeGees on repeat while you are gone for the weekend sometimes entices the spirit to return to the underworld.

-Yoda

(don't get me wrong, I like the BeeGees as much as the other guy, but it can get under anyone's skin. So to speak. Sorry if I offended anyone without skin.)

Sean,

Your posts are starting to sound like infomercials... Maybe you can start selling the Aneros on the home shopping network.

-Yoda

You guys!!!!!!

I am married to a witch of the strega tradition and know several others as well. During one particularly rough period of external stress, she placed small mirrors facing outwards on the N,S,E and W sides of the house. We immediatly had several bizzare auto accidents right outside our home. We have used sea salt and sea water and incense as purification tools.

I guess what I was searching for, and perhaps not really in need of, was the traditional Taoist purification ceremony. A temple in Boston routinely performs the rite for new initiates looking to cleanse them to better enable their ability to learn and perform Taoist studies. Just alot of hokey? Don't know.......