Sign in to follow this  
SimoninTaiwan

Brain Click OBE

Hi All

I had an experience on Saturday while gettign a massage I drifted of into half sleep half aware I was trying to keep intention on my crown then there was an almighty click like my brain had clicked and I found myself or my awareness in black space bit puzzled and a bit of fear as to where the hell i was. This lasted only about a minute then I clicked backed in.

Any thoughts, views, where was that?

Thanks

Simon

Hi All

I had an experience on Saturday while gettign a massage I drifted of into half sleep half aware I was trying to keep intention on my crown then there was an almighty click like my brain had clicked and I found myself or my awareness in black space bit puzzled and a bit of fear as to where the hell i was. This lasted only about a minute then I clicked backed in.

Thanks

Simon

I had a similiar experience after meditation, I went to sleep, then I was between awake and sleep state, saw two people in the desert talking, then CLICK in my head, hot fluid running inside my head and - i'm becoming some hot gas, out of my body, in no where, feeling that everything that I am is just a collection of things that is not me(family, place, all the things I feel relate too). I tought I was dying so my fear brought me back.

If anyone knows what it was, it will be interesting to know, and the click in the head and hot fluid running.

Did it feel as though you were very small, and/or far away from other things? Like you were a lone molecule in a very vast and distant realm of space and it felt a little bit scary, almost a bit intimidating? A feeling of vast emptiness in a more physical sense, maybe a bit floating?

Did it feel as though you were very small, and/or far away from other things? Like you were a lone molecule in a very vast and distant realm of space and it felt a little bit scary, almost a bit intimidating? A feeling of vast emptiness in a more physical sense, maybe a bit floating?

For me it felt good and warm, floating, it wasn't felt in a measure of size, just being a warm floating gas.

only at the end it was scary because I tought I was dying.

:)

It sounds similar to an out of body experience.

Very loud noises, clicks, or sharp popping sounds are frequently heard upon 'leaving' the body.

...then there was an almighty click like my brain had clicked...

Did this have the feel of like when the picture on a CRT TV set collapsed for a moment into blackness and a little white spot in the middle? Like a part of your consciousness (your operating system, if you will) did a quick re-boot? Because I once felt something like that during semi-meditation (calmness).

My one and only OOB experience was completely void of any sound though.

Edited by Hardyg

Very similar.

It was a bit of a shock just floating in a expanse.

Very similar.

It was a bit of a shock just floating in a expanse.

This has happened quite a few times. It is very distinct, it has happened some times before i go to sleep... but i am not even close to being asleep and i am fully aware of where i am, in fact it seems as though i truly can feel where i am to such an extent that it is intimidating. Things seem very spacious and empty, and it is a very real and clear perception as opposed to the normal daily perception with so many subconscious filters at play that i am used to. To see things as they truly are can be quite scary when we arent wrapped in the comfort of our illusions that we create to shield our selves from the truth. I also feel this may be true because this comes about sometimes when in deep meditation, or when i have a certain type of very deep conversation with someone that leads to the end of all conversation. I have had them ever since my earliest memories as a baby. I used to be scared but after a while i began to not move psychologically. I can tell you that the back of the head (brain) feels expansive yet empty when this happens, but what it means really i can only speculate. Im not so sure its an OBE, but i can definitely see how you might say that. Cause wherever the focal point of observation is its very "small", "distant", seems like everything is in its place yet so expansive. But im not concerned about it. I dont think its dangerous, although i used to feel similar feelings when i was very little and would get a high fever. Im not pursuing it either, it just comes sometimes and goes. Like the zen story....

A student went to his meditation teacher and said, "My meditation is horrible! I feel so distracted, or my legs ache, or I'm constantly falling asleep. It's just horrible!"

"It will pass," the teacher said matter-of-factly.

A week later, the student came back to his teacher. "My meditation is wonderful! I feel so aware, so peaceful, so alive! It's just wonderful!'

"It will pass," the teacher replied matter-of-factly.

i get something similiar sometimes, as i'm dozing off I try to be aware as long as possible, and many times this happened,, where its just as you said. a click, its a very sudden shift, where I lose bodily consciousness and sometimes I see static or darkness and there usually accompanies a sound like a very loud sound like WHOOOSH. and this only lasts a split second because the sudden loss of bodily awareness freaks me out. fear sucks.

Hi All

Thanks

Simon

It's 3rd street New York City! Just kidding! :lol:

It's not anywhere within convention. Your experience is not well-tied to convention and so it has no conventional location designator. Now, if you meet with 100's of people and all of you keep having the same experience under similar conditions, you can begin to develop an idea of where that might be, and if you all agree and act consistently with that agreement every time, a convention will change to embrace that new experience as a new kind of conventional space. As more and more people agree it becomes more and more entrenched as a convention.

However this entire process is nowhere to be found outside your mind. Conventional and unconventional experiences have the nature of hypnotic phenomena.

This kind of thing happened to me yesterday. Not a click but when I became "lucid" it felt like a mass of a jello body slamming into me through my head. Then drifting or rather falling in space, that felt like water. I guess it was astral travel, but coming rather than going, and then drifting off again. I list a few of these type of experiences in my personal practise thread.

I have also experienced this loud click, usually when quite relaxed, although noit in meditation. First noticed this about fifteen years ago. Still not figured it out, probably the beginings of an OBE.

Sign in to follow this