Sign in to follow this  
Chi kung apprentice

Seminal Retention: What is the best result I can expect from it?

Follow the link in my signature, you'll find some ideas to help you get a better view.

I do this because there was a time I needed this information and no-one could provide it.

So I'm basically leaving a trail to all that start anew.

Of course you can find various ideas from various sources.

It's a pretty complex practice to try without guidance.

Edited by Little1

It's the kind of practice that you can get a wide range of results, on a scale of from injury through benefit. "First, do no harm."

Ah, Mantak Chia...no, not going there.

My recommendations, take them or leave them as you please.

My recommendation is not to pay much attention to Samael Aun Weor either.

For spanish speakers here you go: http://lagnosisdevelada.foroactivo.net

There you have a lot of information about his plagiarisms and scams. In my humble opinion it is not a healthy path to follow.

Good luck.

Seminal Retention: What is the best result I can expect from it?

Prostate problems, qi imbalances and worse. It was originally developed as a birth control method.

Every other week someone posts in here about problems from using this method. Do what you want, but my advice is to give it up or you could be like the many practitioners of this method I have seen in clinic, looking for help with your problems.

I published a true Taoist cultivation sex method in 1999. It is listed in the book A Light Warrior's Guide to High Level Energy Healing. A person needs to be practicing a good neigong system in order to get maximum benefit from this method. I can only say for sure that it works with the Stillness-Movement system as it is part of that system.

Also have a look at http://www.alchemicaltaoism.com/ Very useful.

Perhaps have a good re-read of Chia too. It's been a while but I'm pretty sure at the start of his books he points out that there is a LOT more to his system than just retention.

Hopefully you are doing those practices too if you want to journey down this path.

http://www.thetaobums.com/Authentic-Tantri...hers-t9421.html

This thread and the links in it have a bunch of info that would be very valuable for you. Read especialy the article about karezza Lao Tzu and Mantak Chia. Also focus on what is written about a foundation in non aroused practices, especialy inner stilness and the heart and Biels water and fire technique on Trunks site and what Trunk writes about possible problems with these practices and how to avoid them. There should be little or no forcing with these techniques. Actualy it should happen almost spontaniously as a result of deep mindfulness. Not just relaxation but mindfulness. )Shinzen Young has some great articles about mindfulness at his site by the way). In the experience of people on this forum Dr Linss technique is better than Mantaks so consider changing to his despite having success with Mantaks.

I asked my meditation teacher what he got from these practices and he said that he gets all the promised effects like more energy, creativity, strength energy, sexual drive , better meditation etc with no ill side effects but he has a suberb foundation as a former budhist monk and he has so much knowledge about such practices and wisdom about how to do them wisely and intgrate them into his life that he is not representative of the average practioner. But at least he can confirm that there is such a potential if things are done right.

Perhaps it wasn't the "hard way" Retention techniques are very "physical" when you start learning them, the become spontaneous over time. The orbits are perhaps the most important part for moving / intergrating excess energy. Although I never really got orbits "working" until I got a teacher. If you get into Path Notes of the American Ninja Master you will enjoy talking to Vajrasattva.

Most of us with any interest in this area were introduced to it through Chia's books so he really does deserve some credit. I started reading his books in the early 90's as a teenager, there was nothing else out there. Although there is only 1 Tao Bum (Zeno) who has had spectacular success following his methods IIRC. As you have checked out Trunks site (alchemical taoism) you will be aware or danger signs to look out for so it should all be o.k.

Personally I too prefer DR Lin's methods, but that is because he has some ultra supper cool techniques that give your partner awesome orgasms B) and really doesn't focus on retention or energy work that much.

Most importantly, Have fun :D

Mal,

What is Dr Lin's methods?

Personally I too prefer DR Lin's methods, but that is because he has some ultra supper cool techniques that give your partner awesome orgasms B) and really doesn't focus on retention or energy work that much.

Most importantly, Have fun :D

Now this sounds awesome! I'll have to look into that sometime in the future when I have a partner.

As for the whole semen retention thing, I have no idea what that is. I've heard about it here, I always thought it was just not wacking off excessively...well, at all. Women have always been my stumbling block when it comes to my spiritual practice, so I'm practicing retention right now...hahaha...it didn't kill me when I was 15 and didn't know the lovely feeling of a lady, it won't kill me at 30!

PM Sean and you will get one......eventually :)

(he hasn't been around that much recently)

Which benefits should I expect from it?

I expected more strenght, Stamina, mental speed, etc... but not at all, I still sleep too much.

Ohh, another observation. Sometimes I do feel a great great heat, but It does not make me more energetic, it makes me get tired as if I had run a marathon.

Quite a few people in this thread have given you warnings and you don't seem to be taking them to heart. You are already getting negative results and most probably, if you continue like this, you will hurt yourself further. Retention is advanced, and if you do it wrong you get the opposite results (injury instead of benefit).

Trunk

Thanks for sharing all this with me. Yeah, I would really really like to accomplish this as you say:

little or no forcing with these techniques. Actualy it should happen almost spontaniously as a result of deep mindfulness. Not just relaxation but mindfulness

The Chi Kung Padawan

Cessation of lustful thoughts, and no expectation of results is a good place to start. Has anyone ever had any success with so called retention otherwise?

Maybe people won't like this, but oh well................aroused jing is almost always tainted with lust and desire. Only clean qi can rise and circulate. So it's necessary to clean the jing and qi first. To do that, we gotta clean our own minds. Meditate meditate meditate.

It might take a while as most of us carry the the habit of desire deep in our subconcious. So it's not necessarily easy, therefore patience and sincerity are needed

What is commonly referred to as retention happens on it's own the more that desire is reduced and expecations cease.

Quite a few people in this thread have given you warnings and you don't seem to be taking them to heart. You are already getting negative results and most probably, if you continue like this, you will hurt yourself further. Retention is advanced, and if you do it wrong you get the opposite results (injury instead of benefit).

With ya Trunk. Hope it's heeded for saftey's sake.

Edited by mat black

Ok, so what I am doing in here and what do I know.. ;)

But still, I AM here, to say that I'm certain Mat is right. Doing retention practice is doing it ass backwards. it's putting the cart before the horse.

Work on your meditation and purification and opening your heart and the other stuff will fall into place.

There is something weirdly mechanistic to me about trying to transform your sexuality from the outside in.

Doing retention practice is doing it ass backwards. it's putting the cart before the horse.

Work on your meditation and purification and opening your heart and the other stuff will fall into place.

There is something weirdly mechanistic to me about trying to transform your sexuality from the outside in.

>>nods<<

cheering%20kids.gif

Edited by mat black

...... Doing retention practice is doing it ass backwards. it's putting the cart before the horse.

Would pretty much agree. As the mind calms down , various habits are simply seen through & fade out through lack of interest . A compulsive , automatic pseudo-sexuality is included in that .

No moralistic babble about 'detachment' , just a natural maturation in which priorities spontaneously change.

However , having said that , a Retention Practice can be engaged as a response to this , a conscious amplification of this , if the individual deeply feels it to be appropriate . Not from any contrived sense of 'moral obligation' , but more of a yogic experiment with ones current disposition.

Regards, Cloud :)

Doing retention practice is doing it ass backwards. it's putting the cart before the horse.

just a natural maturation in which priorities spontaneously change <snip> a Retention Practice can be engaged as a response to this

Yes. Also we can get so focused on the "sex" these days that we forget that it should really be an exchange of energy BETWEEN 2 people. It use to be called MAKING love. (apparently it's also for something else too :lol:)

Sign in to follow this