TTT

michael talbot

You brought up some interesting memories for me.

There once was an extremely depressed 13 year old who's only joy was in learning and pondering the deep mysteries of the universe. He was interested in science and spirituality, but hadn't really left his Protestant bubble and had only begun to learn the mathematics necessary for serious study of science. But his family had just gotten the internet so a whole world of information opened to him. He read about "the holographic principle" in a popularization of string theory and became determined to learn about the mathematics and physics of holograms. In this spirit, he found a book called The Holographic Universe at a local library. About a month prior to this, he had started working with a therapist who was a Buddhist, the first seriously spiritual person that wasn't a Christian he had met, whose faith and practice had given some legitimacy to things he previously considered Eastern nonsense. So when the book turned out to be laden with concepts from Eastern religions, instead of dismissing the things it described they exploded into his mind as a huge realm of previously unimaginable possibilities. It took many years before that boy got serious about cultivation and study of spirituality with a mind open to things Eastern and Western, but that book was a huge turning point on his spiritual journey.

I had completely forgotten about that. So yeah, I really liked the book then, but would I like it if I read it today, or would I recommend it to others? I don't know. It was just what I needed at the time I came across it. Maybe I should try to find it again just for fun.

I am about a quarter of the way through 'The Holographic Universe' at this very moment. So far, I think it is a great book.

I really like this book, but there is a part there about Sai Baba that perplexes me, considering all the rumors and accusations that have been going on pointing him out as a fraud and a sexual offender. What is your take on that?

I really like this book, but there is a part there about Sai Baba that perplexes me, considering all the rumors and accusations that have been going on pointing him out as a fraud and a sexual offender. What is your take on that?

None of the accusations are true. Sai Baba was a truly realized being...I have a few stories about him told by my teacher (who is perhaps one of the most spiritually powerful people I have met and directly experienced the power from). My teacher was a daoist/taiji guy who started getting visits from Sai Baba and eventually became a devotee.

Sai Baba has helped my teacher in many ways...including protecting him and another student from imminent danger as recently as 4-5 months back.

• Like 2