Sign in to follow this  
Ya Mu

Chinese Vegetarian Cooking - This stuff is good!

I am a big fan of Chinese vegetarian meals, just had one - mouth watering good. Favorite cookbook is Chinese Vegetarian Cookery by Jack Santa Maria. Just awesome! If you have never eaten this type of cooking I highly recommend you check it out! (had this book awhile - don't know if it is still in print)

Anyone else got some favorite Chinese cookbooks (in English)?

wah.. very fat...! chinese veggie is full of beans, soy and oil...... haha!

Uh, no, where are you from? :lol:

Carrots, bean sprouts, spinach, celery, shitake mushrooms, broccoli, ginger, substitute brown rice for white - actually very healthy. Nothing wrong with soy for protein, IMO. A little bit of the right kinds of oil are not so bad either IMO. But I posted from a taste viewpoint - follow the middle path in eating.

don't ever go to the chinese veggie resturants or even buddhism temple for a veggie meal here... what you get is full of "Jai-Lo-Mei" which is soy bean curds with different sauces like sweet and sour, curry, soya..etc,.. it's just very common for most chinese resturants.

Of course there are also some good "imitation" for dim sum with veggie ingredients such as the Cha Siu Bao and Siu Mai too.

don't ever go to the chinese veggie resturants or even buddhism temple for a veggie meal here... what you get is full of "Jai-Lo-Mei" which is soy bean curds with different sauces like sweet and sour, curry, soya..etc,.. it's just very common for most chinese resturants.

Of course there are also some good "imitation" for dim sum with veggie ingredients such as the Cha Siu Bao and Siu Mai too.

Yeah, the Chinese restaurants here in USA really don't have the type of meals I am talking about either. They want to put freakin MSG in every recipe because the cook is too dumb to use proper spices.

If you have the chance, go to Chinese Vege restaurants in Taiwan and you'll change your mind. Made by Taiwanese and catered for Taiwanese not for foreigners.

I recommend one in Taipei 101 area in the old part of it. There is only one there of that kind, you can't miss it! Yum!!!

Edited by durkhrod chogori

Sign in to follow this