Yoda

Kunlun follow up poll

K follow up poll  

132 members have voted

1. 1. For bums who have tried Kunlun:

• I still do Kunlun regularly (daily, weekly, etc)
    • Not doing Kunlun but am doing a spontaneous motion practice regularly
    • Have tried and discontinued Kunlun, not for me.
    • Never tried spontaneous motion chi kung or Kunlun and have no interest
    • May try spontaneous chi kung or Kunlun someday

Will you survive it without having built up a strong foundation?

Exactly, a solid foundation/fundamental practices are essential

Get serious about all this because it can happen to you. Others before us have given us this gift, they've shown us what can happen. Choosing wisely for yourself honors and recognizes them as our greatest teachers.

hear ye, hear ye. We are not playing a "game " here. Life changing = playing with BIG stakes

I remember back in the beginning when we were wondering if Kunlun would really do anything, let alone live up to it's "lightning path" claim.

It's time for an improvement.

I've never been to a seminar, I like the book. It lists dangers. Subtly. In a way that makes you aware of them but does not give too much of an expectation of adversity. However Chias sexual energy books also list dangers and recommends additional practices frm an entire system. People have historically ignored this advice and caused damage to them. Also Chias practices are now often condemed as dangerous..... yet some people have success with them.

Should we be like medicine where every possible complication must be listed and informed consent given?

It's been mentioned that the advertising of kunlun attracts the sort of people that could be very unsuited to the practice. But it's not my place to criticise the methods or marketing, I'm sure they have reasons for their choice.

In the book Max said that level 1 kunlun and the experience of bliss is all most people want, and that most can't progress past level 2.

Nothing anyone says to me will convince me that all of this is worth

the cost of a human life or damaging one.

That's o.k. as that is your belief. For some people with some goals the cost of their own life would be a small price to pay. Obviously YMMV

Getting roped into venomous arguments that seem to only serve the person who's venting is an error in caring for me. My giving real examples of the people concerned was the result of being pushed to my limit (even if it did clear up the problem). MGD is right about the fact that I was wrong to do so.

I want to apologize for that publicly. I'm not perfect and I am sorry.

I only want the best for everyone.

The fact is you can go through any one of Max's seminars and free lectures and see that he clearly tells you what to expect, both positive and negative.

The problem is that people hear only what they want to hear and there are people who are going to misinterpret and ignore instruction. Max and Jenny say that you will experience all aspects of yourself (good and bad) as you stir your own pot, and that if you choose to do these practices you will accelerate that process, so you must be brave.

The "Dark night in the forest" is simply us experiencing our own darkness, but it isn't "bad". It is a challenge and should be looked at as our greatest opportunity for growth because it is the things we hide away that are holding us back from our own awakening. We have created them ourselves at one point or another. To see them and move through them bravely is a testament to our spirit. Finally processing these dark things leads to liberation.

Blaming others for the internal horrors you've revealed may feel good and may put you in a very comfortable "victim" role, but it is completely irresponsible and childish. Everything begins and ends with the self.

I am happy that MGD has found Jenny's approach to be more helpful for herself. Jenny is amazing and some might find her style works best for them while others may prefer Max. Finding what works best for you is the whole point. I personally prefer simple practices like breathing into the heart while smiling, or just moving my awareness through my body like Dan Emmons outlines in his book.

Regardless of the teacher or even if you never meet a teacher, you will naturally experience all of what you are, eventually. There is no way around it. That is the natural process of self discovery as we return to source and it is everyone's destiny.

I wish it could be all rainbows and fluffy bunnies, but it can't. This isn't the spirit realm! This is Earth and contrast is why this realm exists and why it was necessary. It is contrast that teaches us. You can't have light without shadow and that is why spiritual progress happens more quickly in a human incarnation.

We are the brave ones who have chosen this Earthly life. We can't whine about the difficulty of it now. We are setting an example to those observing from the safety of the spirit realm. We are their heroes and we need to honor and love all aspects of ourselves and our experience.

No one said it would be easy, but this is life.

Be brave, smile and persevere.

Me too...

Dark night is another structure...

Whew, that is a difficult post to digest...

My 2 cents reflection:

The cyclical nature of Karma is transcended over and over again for the innate potential of consciousness to take fruit. This potential, or inspiration, is infinite and limitless just as there are an infinite number of intentions and choices that create the world.

I see the Dark Night as the clash between this rising awareness of inspiration and the stability of the current karmic cycle one is bound to. The very source of this limit is equal to the identification of the "I" in the experienced phenomena. As the cycle breaks down through realization the "I" will grasp onto a higher state or intention. Note that this is the very nature of being: to grasp, to cling, and to identify.

In the transitional phrase, various "states" of non-doing will be experienced as awareness "expands" into a newer realm and gains access to higher energies. But again, the "I" and the intentions of the Self will grasp onto this newer state only to be bound again in a circular game of creation and destruction. The correct view of practice is therefore to cultivate a viewless view, non-being of being, the selfless self, selfless virtue. It is turning the habit energy onto itself so that the clinging attaches to a state of "non-clinging" and allows consciousness to expand effortlessly and endlessly.

Yet for this to be fully materialized as a pure habit energy, all the piled garbage from the past needs to be seen through as illusions upon illusions. This too can be seen as a journey through the Dark Night.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes
  • Like 1

I figured it out!

TexasNative is actually Oceanside who is really MGD posing as WYG disguised as Spirit Ape channeling Starjumper7!

No way! One big whiner!

One bad seed who is going to bitch about what the world owes them at the top of their lungs FOREVER, refusing all explanations and shit the same stinky shit all over every topic they can.

Dis is F'd up man!

Reasonable answers don't WORK!!! It's brain is broken!

Om mani padme om. Om mani padma om. Om mani padmi om. Damn, I don't know which one of these is right but will one of you please get me the hell out of here! Om mani pad...Screw it! Come on ol' standby, don't fail me now! Mele kalikimaka, Mele kalikimaka, Mele kalikimaka!

Well now...I'd like to thank all the whiners for their courage in the face of the repeated abuse. I think Oceanside said it best when he said that Kunlun/RP was the path to madness. Amazing ain't it what you have to do to shed a little light.

Chris/Satori you behaved like an insane egotistical vile and vicious S.O.B and your mother as well as your teacher should be ashamed. I've come across rattlers with better manners. I wanted there to be peace yes but as for forgiveness well, I'm just not feeling it yet.

To -O- thank you is appropriate, as well as sorrow to hear about your mother. I'd still be harboring a good deal of hate about that and wouldn't be able to speak or recommend a teacher or his methods if that had happened to someone I loved, you are a better man than me, even if turns out to be that you are a woman.

I have to add this too, you wrote that your mother was ill before you introduced her to Max. How had the practices affected your judgment by that point so you couldn't see that what your mother needed was a doctor instead? How is it that Max couldn't see that either?

Edited by TexasNative

It is up to him to not create unnessesary circumstances in the first place. It is up to him to hold himself accountable - it is up to him to "change the way he does things" if the way he is doing them is creating problems.

It is to easy to say to yourself as a teacher when the students have difficulties "well they just don't get it" (not that he has said this). This is lazy thinking. It is an excuse to not take responsibility. Now that is not to say that after a long hard look, some serious review of apporaches that this is the right answer because it just might be - after all some people just don't get it. But to take this stance as a way not dealing with it is simplly wrong.

Most students which have had problems are not going to be able communicate in a way which will bring clarity to the teacher - it is up to the teacher to bridge that gap and that can only occur after accepting that they just might be doing something wrong.

To say "it is pointless, serves no purpose" is exactly the attitude I am talking about - hands in air - shrug the shoulders "nothing I can do about it". It is lazy thinking.

Do I think Max is lazy? No. Do I think he is not aware of the interpersonal dynamics which lead to these dramas? Depends on the day. Do I think he is not aware? No. So why does it keep happening? Commitment - simply not commited to deal with it.

To say that people knew they where not getting a teacher because he said "I am not a teacher" does not negate the fact that he has taken on that role. Saying "I'm just shareing - I'm not a teacher" is a means to get out of being responsible for the role - to rationalize the lack of commitment. I did that too - gave lectures; made sure people where fully aware of my limitations - simply shared as a "friend that is simply a step or two further down the path". It is a convenient place - but it does not get out of the impact you are having on others lives - both positive and negative. I am sure he has received many thanks and much gratitude for the many poeple who have benefited - if you take the gratitude then you gotta take the critizism too... again if the teachings are of non-duality then both come hand in hand. With great highs there are great lows.

I was refering more to this type of outcome.

I have had some experience with this. My mother, whom all my life was always somewhat very emotional and not always rational... I introduced to a teacher of mine. I was learning allot about mind and the mind/emotion relationship from some esoteric Tibetan practices and found myself coaching my mother through her regular emotional tidal waves. I thought I was over stepping my bounds, as I was still in my infancy with it all. I felt an introduction to my teacher was appropriate and requested if he would talk with my mother. He agreed and she began studying the same techniques. Over the following few years I watched her on one hand gain some substantial "sidhas" and on the other hand seen her emotional extremes being justified by these new abilities. Eventually my teacher couldn't deal with her outbursts and episodes and refused to communicate with her. Needless to say this aggravated the situation more.

In the end she had extreme hallucinations of all sorts. My family was doing their best to try to help her through - although she denied that there was a problem. At one point she had a brief "moment of lucidity" and said "I think there is something wrong with me" at which point my sister drove her directly to the hospital. For weeks they watched her move through 5 distinct "personalities" (and identified up to 16 in total). She would scream out that the doctors where raping her in the night. Prior to that she felt the whole town she lived in where conspiring against her. There was problems with the police - claims my father was trying to kill her - she attempted to kidnap my neice - as she felt her daughter (the mother) was dangerous. It was not pleasant - it was extreme and lasted for years before she got help. She is now medicated - living on disability - has the mind of a 12 years old girl.

It seems to me that as we do our practices we are stimulating and activating areas of the brain - which if we have not "healed" our physical and emotional issues - these activated areas will turn against us on many levels. As I watched her go through this she continually avoided looking at the emotions which rose - she would blame others, make excuses, rationalise away severe behaviour as enlighten awareness - rather than "let it go", remain in the center, surrender. And do this added more and more pressure against the ego which eventually broke.

I believe this path is broken into two areas - two primary intentions. For some it is to heal, for others to evolve. To evolve we need to heal first. If we push forward to evolve and ignore healing then this can happen.

At the end of the end of the day we are training the mind - and clearing the way for the mind (energetically) for the mind to be able to distinguish the ego from consciousness (ego as in the boundaries of our reality, constructed from deeply held belief- not the personality which is one object within the boundaries of ego) . This is not an easy task. Now add in physical problem with the brain (whether genetic, from prolonged situational stress, or an emotional injury which has festered for years). We then need to be able to distinguish consciousness from ego from illness - a nearly impossible task.

These distinctions are important. The brain is partly a sensory organ. It senses; not light, touch or sound, but existence. And as the brain opens up, the processes for processing sensory data (like light, touch, sound) are used in conjunction to reconstruct awareness of objects which exist beyond the physical senses. If there are underlying intentions which we are not aware of then as the brain opens - these underlying intentions, illness begin to express themselves in ways where the person is unable to ever distinguish what is of the illness and what is of awareness.

This lack of distinction is not just extraordinary but very mundane as well - I could have a conversation with my mother and moments later she would be talking about things in the conversation which never happened - and I mean seconds. I would watch a topic come up which I knew would be a sore spot for her and see a palpable shift in her face and demeanour and she would fly off into some mystical diatribe about angels and ascended masters and everything these "masters" where telling her was what she needed to protect herself from the topic. It was/is heartbreaking.

In the end the teacher was talking about breathing energy directly to sustain the body and only needing a little bit of food and tea everyday to stay alive. Because of her new found skills my mother felt she no longer needed to eat or sleep very often and after three years of eating only toast & tea, once a day she suffered a serious protein malnutrition problem which caused brain damage. And this lead to more extreme delusions and hallucinations.

Truth is meditation experts are not psychiatrists - are not versed in diagnosing mental illness and the mistake I made was sending her to a person which did not have the clarity, skill or awareness to be able to tell what was really going on with her - I sent her to a lama when I should have sent her to a doctor. And when these delusion would rise the teacher would encourage it not knowing what was happening underneath it all. The catchy point was - she had developed some abilities and I saw some fairly amazing things happen - but never with clarity. Even if there was some awareness there- it was always distorted by these underlying issues. Because I knew her and her history I could sometimes tell the difference. I assumed the teacher, with all of his acquired skills would see this better than I would - I was wrong.

Is Max responsible for my Mom's illness? No. She was ill before. Did he have a negative impact on it. Yes. My mother twisted many of Max's words to the will of her illness. But to shrug it off and say " I can't control how people take my words" simply does not cut it when you can "plug the holes". There is way too much latitude a mind can take with the way these teachings are given - and then add on top of it absence of any interaction then of course some people are going to spin out of control with it. Ask youself why a teacher wouldn't modify the approach to avoid the dramas and potential damages this latitude allows for. If there is something that can be done about it then it should be done - to not do it is irresponsible. To state this does serve a purpose - the purpose is not to get Max to change his ways it is to get YOU to THINK. None of this is about Max.

Most students which have had problems are not going to be able communicate in a way which will bring clarity to the teacher - it is up to the teacher to bridge that gap and that can only occur after accepting that they just might be doing something wrong.

What exactly has changed now? Max or those representing him have never admitted that he might be doing something wrong. It's only when you started writing about how people had been hurt that everyone started to consider it as a possibility.

It is up to him to not create unnessesary circumstances in the first place. It is up to him to hold himself accountable - it is up to him to "change the way he does things" if the way he is doing them is creating problems.

What real change can there ever be if the teacher assumes no responsibility? You've mentioned that this same pattern will filter down to all the instructors and facilitators. If there is a problem won't it continue to get bigger? You pointed out that Max likes to disappear when things get bothersome. Chris has pointed out that Max has done that as a test to see what the students do, some survive or damage their minds, others look for help with other teachers, some can't make up their minds first loving it and voicing praise, then hating it and speaking out against it and moving onto other practices, then coming back to it, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. The worst scenario is that some consider themselves teacher material and pass the teachings along to others.

This has all been bullshit and needed to be fine tuned before taking it on the road.

Edited by TexasNative

Whining may "bring balance to the force" :lol: , but it does not bring inner balance...which is a goal of spiritual practices, right?

Whining may "bring balance to the force" :lol: , but it does not bring inner balance...which is a goal of spiritual practices, right?

You would know Scotty because this little bit I wrote was about you:

"some can't make up their minds first loving it and voicing praise, then hating it and speaking out against it and moving onto other practices, then coming back to it, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth."

we all participated with very different experiences and very different backgrounds and level of experience.

the fact that we are able to recognize positive personal outcome on certain levels does not take away the right to feel deep disappointment in other areas and voice these. I was and am looking for a teacher that can help me raise my energy level that once was at 100 percent back from 20 to at least 50 percent. I'm speaking about lifeforce. And my goal is to be able to regain my ability to speak mind to mind on a regular basis. I was under the impression that max doesnt sell just "peak experiences" but I may have jumped to conclusions?..

I am sure mgd by this would count me in as one of the ravingly mad ones (*chuckles*)

but I can assure her that at least this is not max' doing

I was totally aligned to the idea of mind to mind long before he surfaced, and I'm not even sure if that IS the last and ultimate state.

WHO CAN TELL ME

Edited by rain

Chris/Satori

Huh?

Please quit trying to confuse people and please vent your anger elsewhere. When people have issues with Max's style they try to take it out on me. This is pointless because it never gets to Max.

Max doesn't teach anymore.

It is over, and your endless ranting cannot change anything.

I would be more than happy to discuss any issues with you have with me, but I will only do so if I know who I am talking to. I won't entertain potshots from ambiguous bloggers hiding behind their avatars.

Of course, if your sole purpose is to spread lies and smear others in a "broken record" cycle of anger then I expect no resolution or peace for you.

I sincerely do wish you peace. More Kunlun/Yi Gong/Spontaneaous Chi Gong could actually help you.

TexasNative,

You would know Scotty because this little bit I wrote was about you:

"some can't make up their minds first loving it and voicing praise, then hating it and speaking out against it and moving onto other practices, then coming back to it, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth."

I didn't understand what was happening once, and was vocal about it. Never "hating it" or "speaking out against it"...but certainly not being a mindless cheerleader for something which I thought may have been harmful. This period of time was a few months.

Chris heard that I was possibly bad mouthing Kunlun, and asked me what was wrong. I told him that I was having physical health issues, and so him and Max cleared up the issue for me by simply explaining some things.

Chris in particular took a bit more time to answer me and provide some motivation, and it truly made a big difference. I understand how it's hard to deal with people's problems, especially when they lash out at the people trying to provide assistance (like we all do in troubling times), and in no way was he obligated to deal with me...but he did, and I'm grateful for it now.

At least in one person (of course, probably many more) the effort paid off.

In my case, it truly was just a matter of purification happening, and me not having the patience or trust to continue. I was warned that things get worse before they get better, but I simply didn't believe it during the time when things were getting worse.

This flip flopping you're accusing me of only happened once...so it wasn't "back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, etc". It was reasonable. I had problems, sought solutions, figured it out, and moved on. Once.

Since then, I choose not to whine about the past and other people's mistakes, and instead focus on useful things...like gentle belly breathing and smiling, to change the negative into positive.

Mantra68

post Jul 26 2009, 06:33 PM

Post #106

Satori is definitely his own guy. He doesn't claim to represent anything other than himself. He is "school free" and "teacher-free" these days, having found his truth within.

He knows Max's stuff as well as anyone, but he is one of those people who flat out tells you like it is.

He has verbally slapped me a couple of times and while it may have angered me at the time, I realized later that he was dead-on correct.

It might sound odd to say, but he is quite accomplished in his understanding of the Tao and is considered more like a contraire or wrathfully compassionate spirit in his slicing-through-the-bullsh*t approach.

He does have everybody's best interest at heart believe it or not.

I know I behave like a real ass sometimes but the difference is I always know when I'm doing it.

Max is not teaching anymore but how many instructors and facilitators are? None of this will get to them either, and you said you won't be teaching so I have no other issues with you Chris.

What do you care now if I rant, rave or whine?

You are no longer responsible right?

['Scotty' date=Aug 23 2009, 01:00 PM' post='137369]

This flip flopping you're accusing me of only happened once...so it wasn't "back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, etc".

There are tons of posts to prove you flipped flopped back and forth and even called what Max was doing as being irresponsible.

You whined, and it was okay and reasonable.

Chris heard that I was possibly bad mouthing Kunlun, and asked me what was wrong. I told him that I was having physical health issues, and so him and Max cleared up the issue for me by simply explaining some things.

It was easy then for you to stop whining and move on once Chris and Max helped and cleared up a couple of things was it? Now ain't that a surprise. I am truly happy for you Scotty, some of us weren't so lucky so please forgive us and allow us to take a little more time before we move on.

Edited by TexasNative

hi chris I would like you to read my words

Hey Rain,

Hope all is good in Norway.

I would recommend holding some of the standing postures Max showed you in the park. The I Jong will recharge your batteries as will holding the ball. Give them at least twenty minutes each and you will be bouncing off the walls.

As far as regaining your previous abilities, I have to ask if at some point, did you stopped trusting yourself?

Hey Rain,

Hope all is good in Norway.

I would recommend holding some of the standing postures Max showed you in the park. The I Jong will recharge your batteries as will holding the ball. Give them at least twenty minutes each and you will be bouncing off the walls.

As far as regaining your previous abilities, I have to ask if at some point, did you stopped trusting yourself?

lol. Hi Mantra thanks for answering. been holding that ball longer than you could imagine sweet friend.

did I stop trusting myself?

no I did not stop trusting myself. all I did was hold the energy because I was asked very politely to do so, and that was fatal. :)

correcting myself..well holding it was my choice and the only way I at that time knew to neutralize the energyfield I had created.

but aint this just good news..just keep on I-Jong-ing and mind-to-mind will recharge. says Mantra.

please give me a break will ya, those exercises arent excvlusively max'ish..theyve been in the repertoir a long time Im bored by this. and you are not giving me the right tools by far. basta.

Edited by rain

TexasNative,

There are tons of posts to prove you flipped flopped back and forth and even called what Max was doing as being irresponsible.

You whined, and it was okay and reasonable.

You should prove that I flip flopped numerous times. I think I didn't, but maybe my memory is bad. :)

Or more importantly, you should prove that I still do flip flop. If I don't, it's an excellent sign of moving on (which is what I'm hoping you do, and why I'm taking the time to write this), and then you shouldn't use it as an example of how Kunluners behave.

I do recall saying that Max was irresponsible. I thought he should provide guidance to those in need, such as myself when I was in bad health. I thought my situation was worse than it was, as if the practice was creating imbalances...and if a practice does that, then people shouldn't be on their own and need a healer and guide!

Now I know that the practice doesn't do that. It truly is just a purification phase, and actually the practice harmonizes everything at the same time. I didn't necessarily need to be told that...just needed to practice more to see for myself.

I still do think it'd be best for people to have more of a guide rather than do it entirely alone, especially in the beginning. Makes the ride more comfortable, and there are less stops along the way.

However, Max does things the way he does. I don't see a point in protesting this aggressively, especially when it serves no purpose. It's good to be rational. It's not good to be like a mindless dog and keep running into the glass door, never realizing the mistake.

To spell it out for you: the mistake is feeling negative about something which is out of your control.

It was easy then for you to stop whining and move on once Chris and Max helped and cleared up a couple of things was it? Now ain't that a surprise. I am truly happy for you Scotty, some of us weren't so lucky so please forgive us and allow us to take a little more time before we move on.

Well, it wasn't the fact that they told me anything. I still didn't trust what they were saying, but somehow it got me to a point where I just said, "fuck it, this is all or nothing because the spiritual path is my life."

Perhaps it was Chris reiterating to me that it takes bravery. Something that simple...which is already in the book.

When you get to that point, and you make the leap and continue on, THEN things can improve...regardless of if the teacher gives you attention or ignores you. We do the work ourselves! We jump into the deep end on our own, and no one is pushing us off.

Some people stand on the diving board wondering what it'll be like when they hit the water, fearing the worst. Some just jump and find out.

I could have kept repeating the pattern even after I got assistance. In fact I was on my way to doing that for about a week. But instead, I chose to just continue practicing and face whatever happened.

By the way I should point some things out about the teacher and myself. I've had dreams where Max has ignored me while giving teachings to everyone else. Dreams where he's Satan himself, trying to kill me with huge blades on his legs, or initiate me into an order of demons. It's all just projection. These things could bring up tons of negative emotion, and the mind can start going in circles, thinking that these dreams are somehow true and I was being possessed or turning evil, or being rejected. Of course this kind of thing probably isn't everyone experience, just mine...but it is an example of the internal process and how it manifests.

Being rational about everything really helps. "Do I REALLY believe Max is the devil?" :lol: Or better yet, "Do I really believe my dreams are reality and not just symbolic?" :lol:

It's kind of like an initiation test...like where the Egyptian cults had the initiates swim through alligator infested water (I've only heard about this, don't know if it's true). The initiate has to be brave and decide that it's worth all or nothing, otherwise not be initiated. So they dive in with all of the gators, and make it to the other side unharmed, because the gators were previously fed and had no interest in eating something else.

Some people jump in and realize that the alligators are actually there, and quickly jump out of the water, failing the test. Some just say fuck it, and swim quickly to the other side...such is their passion for the truth, and their lack of care for all else.

So the point is that there isn't much real risk from the practice itself, but you are tested on all levels (of course I speak as if I know it all, but I'm nowhere near done with this). The dreams where Max was evil were certainly testing one aspect of myself. The trick is to just keep going, no matter what. This is true in ALL real spiritual paths.

From the Hatha Yoga Pradipika:

1-16. The following six bring speedy success:-- Courage, daring, perseverance, discriminative knowledge, faith, aloofness from company.

Courage, daring, perseverance, discriminative knowledge, and faith...I always wondered why these were mentioned about (spiritual) yoga.

"Why does a yogi need to be courageous and daring? It's just meditation and postures...sounds so relaxing!" :rolleyes::D

TexasNative,

You should prove that I flip flopped numerous times. I think I didn't, but maybe my memory is bad. :)

Maybe not necessarily "flip flopping", but at times you have mentioned kunlun being a great practice, at other times being not so great (during the time of having some physical problems, I guess), then good, with the caveat being that it doesn't do much for physical health as much as spiritual.

Sorry, haven't saved the threads/posts to prove all this :P so if you don't believe me, fine, but TexasNative isn't the only one who's noticed some inconsistency, so I just wanted to point that out :)

(but I think you've explained your situation enough, that you've gone through a long process to get where you are now)