Yoda

Kunlun follow up poll

K follow up poll  

132 members have voted

1. 1. For bums who have tried Kunlun:

• I still do Kunlun regularly (daily, weekly, etc)
    • Not doing Kunlun but am doing a spontaneous motion practice regularly
    • Have tried and discontinued Kunlun, not for me.
    • Never tried spontaneous motion chi kung or Kunlun and have no interest
    • May try spontaneous chi kung or Kunlun someday

It has worked tremendously well - there is lots to clear out over the course.

(Yet some things have to be dealt with at the level they occur. Can't meditate your way out of everything.)

Mostly it comes down to finding a clarity, calm and freedom in the middle of the storm - a path through it.

How has the Kunlun practice helped you if there are still these unresolved issues...

if there is still this remorse? It didn't seem to help you with finding clarity, calm and freedom in the middle of this paticular storm. Well at least not yet.

Edited by TexasNative

Nice sum up. I've gotten a lot out this thread. Some of the longest and most heated posts have been involving Kunlun. Its amazing to see the evolving clarity on it. Different opinions, but after hundreds or thousand of posts it seems we're discussing the same elephant, instead of misc. parts.

Some day if there's a book written on the dynamics of internet discussion they could have chapters using the material here :).

Michael

I bow to Lord Yama seated with consort offering Him a cup of nectar.

Well it's nice to see the efforts of the teachers being put into effect. The length of the posts is a tribute to the hard work of those that are educated.

A simple question that helped me to calm down my practice of oriental methods.

Do I want to go to chinese heaven?

Namo Buddha

Namo Sangha

Namo Dharma

Caught in the tight knot of ego and tossed around by the whirlwind of envy

Nice sum up. I've gotten a lot out this thread. Some of the longest and most heated posts have been involving Kunlun. Its amazing to see the evolving clarity on it. Different opinions, but after hundreds or thousand of posts it seems we're discussing the same elephant, instead of misc. parts.

Some day if there's a book written on the dynamics of internet discussion they could have chapters using the material here :).

Michael

Some day someone should gather up all this and write a book on it. Maybe make up a fictional character and follow him down. Reptilians, aliens, illusions, ghosts, Yoda, light body, the drama, the dimensions, the bums, enlightenment, valley orgasms, wisdom, ego, spirit travel, witches, wizards, the bliss and the tragedy...

All in the making of the modern immortal... :D ...

Well I'd watch the movie at least...

I think the message is simple but a difficult one to digest: Take the practice and go down your own path. Make it your own and not the teacher's. I now see why Max often points this out with the fact that the practices are ancient ones and not of his own discovery. It's a manual, a tool. But since it is so new and extraordinary compared to what we are used to in the Western mindset, there can be an immediate desire to cling to the teachers who have "given" these practices.

Anyhow, I think mgd's "agenda" is to help herself and others here. And I welcome hers, and all others' feedback, even if they might sometimes conflct in ways...

I do think there's a pay-off if you really stick it all the way through. But, there could definitely be some dark days in between - and a far cry from just all bliss...that many people may certainly not be expecting upfront.

QUOTE(mgd @ Apr 10 2009, 03:59 PM) *

Apparently if your mind is clear you will let go your stuff during practice without manifesting it in your life.

I left the Max practices to find a more balanced approach with another teacher and practice. There are practices that do not cause such manifestations, and the letting go happens in more subtle ways. You remain calm and clear and if you have genuine questions the teacher occasionally offers guidance. With a path like this attachment to the teacher, practice, students, as well as your experiences never becomes an issue.

I regretted not speaking up more on the Kunlun forum to support more those that did. I felt something lift with Chris's post and feel that regret now gone. I have nothing but respect for the people who spoke up and for those who have opened up more to truly listen.

Edited by TexasNative

I left the Max practices to find a more balanced approach with another teacher and practice. There are practices that do not cause such manifestations, and the letting go happens in more subtle ways. You remain calm and clear and if you have genuine questions the teacher occasionally offers guidance. With a path like this attachment to the teacher, practice, students, as well as your experiences never becomes an issue.
Well, there may be a trade-off here.

Would you prefer the bandage ripped off hard but "quick-quickly"...or delicately but much slower? Get things out hard and fast and just over with...or in a gentler manner, but more drawn-out?

A lot of this really just comes down to personal preference, I don't think either pace is really right or wrong. But it might be right to inform people what they might be in for upfront, so they know what to expect and can prepare themselves more accordingly.

So, a younger person with more time might try the more gradual ascent...while someone older with "less time" might try the more vertical path up the summit...

Well, there may be a trade-off here.

Would you prefer the bandage ripped off hard but "quick-quickly"...or delicately but much slower? Get things out hard and fast and just over with...or in a gentler manner, but more drawn-out?

A lot of this really just comes down to personal preference, I don't think either pace is really right or wrong. But it might be right to inform people what they might be in for upfront, so they know what to expect and can prepare themselves more accordingly.

Do you think this ends? Do you think at some point you will not be confronted by conflict, drama, confusion?

And it begins again, and again, and again....(I've been at this for 18 years - it is possible to get a little tired sometimes).

"You see them everywhere: boy racers, flash cars. They sit at the stop light, revving their engine. The moment it changes they race off with a roar before screeching to a halt at the next light. Meanwhile, the more sedate driver trundles on at a sensible pace and reaches the next light at much the same time."

Here's the rest of the quote:

"You do not believe in wasting energy. You are too intelligent - and wise. You are neither tortoise nor hare - you are capable of standing back from the contest."

Edited by TexasNative

Absolutely no results. Not powerful, not nothing.

I like -O- too.

Also, "not nothing" is something.

I think this is important to note too.

Perhaps this "getting there", this place or way of being is illusory too - a divine joke. If you break down the elements of the experience - when this clearing is happens - it comes down to two things...

I'm not sure I understood your entire post, but my experiences sound somewhat similar...

I noticed that the "clearing" happens in cycles. It amplifies the drama and makes the ego more sensitive to events and happenings. It's as if the practice is stripping away the identity it has compounded throughout our life. But that sensitivity gives rise to motivation and a new sense of structure and repeats the cycle.

It is as if the energy clears up and needing to hold on to a form of awareness within the body, discriminating the new experiences to form a greater "self."

This stopped for me when I stopped holding a sense of an "I" clearing up itself against the outside world. It is important to let that energy spread into not just your body, but also to the world that you inhibit (which is not different from your Self). One must give, give, and give as you go down more on the Path. Virtue and compassion must be integrated.