Yoda

Kunlun follow up poll

K follow up poll  

132 members have voted

1. 1. For bums who have tried Kunlun:

• I still do Kunlun regularly (daily, weekly, etc)
    • Not doing Kunlun but am doing a spontaneous motion practice regularly
    • Have tried and discontinued Kunlun, not for me.
    • Never tried spontaneous motion chi kung or Kunlun and have no interest
    • May try spontaneous chi kung or Kunlun someday

I agree.

The Kunlun practice puts reptiles on a plate for you to sample.

I alluded to no such thing, nor have I had any "reptilian" experiences or anything that could remotely be considered such. Calm your mind, friend.

I alluded to no such thing, nor have I had any "reptilian" experiences or anything that could remotely be considered such. Calm your mind, friend.

Yep. It's completely absurd, slanderous and irresponsible gossip.

I know Max has had over 3000 students worldwide and this kind of thing is not an issue with most of them.

Maybe Mantra should address it (though I think he dislikes getting tangled up in TB BS).

Maybe Mantra should address it (though I think he dislikes getting tangled up in TB BS).

Chris has a Public Relations role. If you don't see that coloring his answers, then you really have your eyes shut. (Not that he doesn't do a great deal of good work, but to rely on the person in that position in any organization as your only source of info... well, it's just naive.) For those that are savvy, varied view-points sharing direct experience in an open format are valuable.

The Kunlun practice puts reptiles on a plate for you to sample.

I stand by this comment and won't apologize for stating the truth.

I stand by this comment and won't apologize for stating the truth.

:rolleyes: the tao has put forth a great many things for you to sample, it is up to you to choose what you focus on.

:rolleyes: the tao has put forth a great many things for you to sample, it is up to you to choose what you focus on.

Exactamentay, bro.

It's like going to the food court and picking the funky Asian place, bumming out on your food and then blaming the mall for your choice.

I post hoping to bring some clarity to others (as I don't have many answers) - and hope that others can find a new - or re-newed opportunity in their practices. One which will carry them past these hidrances.

-O- I have found each one of your posts illuminating. Even in your writing I can feel a real three dimensionality and a vulnerability to you... this speaks volumes in itself.

thank you, thank you, thank you.

It's like going to the food court and picking the funky Asian place, bumming out on your food and then blaming the mall for your choice.

That's exactly right and that's exactly what I meant. That funky Asian place was there for me to choose from in the Kunlun Mall. It's never been part of the choice with other practices I've tried. I don't think I've blamed anyone for it, but did naively assume that there'd be some more help in regards to whether or not considering it and other things as "reality" was in my best interest.

Edited by oceanside

Me neither - nor anyone I personally stay in contact that is practicing. I found Kunlun to be a great and powerful tool for my path.

I like -O-

Hindsight is 20/20, and the more I think about it the more I am beginning to believe that almost all of what we were teaching in our seminars was too much for the general public. My dream was that the world needed these practices and we were going to deliver, but the fact is one must be of a certain mindset and have a certain level of understanding before trying this stuff. That is either built in or comes from years of study.

This isn't some arrogant statement I am trying to make either so spare me that misinterpretaion please. I'm simply questioning the philosophy of "putting it out there and seeing what happens". These are the practices given to the most advanced students of their respective schools and some only given to one or two select students who have proven themselves over years of training to be able to handle the ride that was in store for them.

On the other hand, many who are benefitting would have never had the methods if we didn't present them as we did, so I don't know.

I think perhaps it is better for most people to just do something simple like the attention practice outlined in Dan Emmons book, Life Force. It is equally powerful and effective and definitely beneficial to advanced practioners while being gentler for the beginner.

(Also, I have no business arrangement with Mr. Emmons and make no financial gain by promoting his work. I am just sharing something I think people would like.)

Edited by Mantra68

I like -O-

Hindsight is 20/20, and the more I think about it the more I am beginning to believe that almost all of what we were teaching in our seminars was too much for the general public. My dream was that the world needed these practices and we were going to deliver, but the fact is one must be of a certain mindset and have a certain level of understanding before trying this stuff. That is either built in or comes from years of study.

This isn't some arrogant statement I am trying to make either so spare me that misinterpretaion please. I'm simply questioning the philosophy of "putting it out there and seeing what happens". These are the practices given to the most advanced students of their respective schools and some only given to one or two select students who have proven themselves over years of training to be able to handle the ride that was in store for them.

On the other hand, many who are benefitting would have never had the methods if we didn't present them as we did, so I don't know.

I think perhaps it is better for most people to just do something simple like the attention practice outlined in Dan Emmons book, Life Force. It is equally powerful and effective and definitely beneficial to advanced practioners while being gentler for the beginner.

(Also, I have no business arrangement with Mr. Emmons and make no financial gain by promoting his work. I am just sharing something I think people would like.)

Well, I would hate to just throw the baby out with the bathwater, here...

I think perhaps Kunlun could just be presented with a little more warning for potentially powerful detoxing - that could cause health issues & tapas. That can really push people to their panicked brink. So ideally, people should know some good energetic healers and have a good base of qi to help maintain their health through this purification period. Which appears to be similar to kundalini awakening syndrome.

I was fortunate in that I had studied some ThetaHealing on my own, and knew some powerful energetic healers when I went through this. However, someone with no tools could certainly feel scared and abandoned. Especially if they were not mentally-prepared for this and caught off-guard. Whereas simply knowing what to expect as part of the process can help calm one down immensely.

I do think there's a pay-off if you really stick it all the way through. But, there could definitely be some dark days in between - and a far cry from just all bliss...that many people may certainly not be expecting upfront.

Edited by vortex

That's exactly right and that's exactly what I meant. That funky Asian place was there for me to choose from in the Kunlun Mall. It's never been part of the choice with other practices I've tried. I don't think I've blamed anyone for it, but did naively assume that there'd be some more help in regards to whether or not considering it and other things as "reality" was in my best interest.

Unfortunately, again you are changing the context of my words to suit your own purposes, which are opposed to my own in this case. You misinterpreted the context of Satori's comment as well. Did your parents make sure most aspects of your life were well arranged and well taken care of when you were growing up? It seems like you want a "spiritual parent" of sorts, and that's not what this is about. Take responsibility for your actions. You have bootstraps. Use them, take a step back and find some objectivity. You cannot compare a spiritual practice to a particular menu at your local mall - it holds in only the absolute loosest of applications, and you're well out of the realm of applicability here. If someone showed you the range of kunlun practices and never said word one of reptilians and you had never encountered the concept, what do you honestly think the chances of such manifesting on its own in your mind would be? Next to zero.

Sorry to be curt; it irks me when I make a statement and someone attempts to utilize it in an attempt to support a diametrically opposed viewpoint.

Edited by joeblast

The goal of most practises seem to be facilitating the disintergration of the different "I's. That's well put. and prefereably in a context so to wrap things up so you don't have a nervous breakdown. Well yes.

Many of us have discussed the necessity of this before. Lot's of people search for a teacher and see him or her as an authority or parental figure. Some don't. Most people who teach (should) know this. In kunlun it was said that Max did not want to be seen as a teacher but a "friend", well...the traditional everyday friendship is something that more or less is based on mutualship, something is created between souls, which belongs to both, both parts chip in for mutual benefit. But this friend threw a party in the kunlunforum and just left the building. Kinda ubercool. After tossing in some molotovs about aliens and dragons and a personal comment to me about not being afraid of what I dont know. Rright. :) really surplus since this practise haven't presented anything I already had'nt seen. Exept for aliens, (count out man-sized birds). I'm not particularly hooked on reptiles since I'd already had the obligatory round with my son when he was 4. Well that is a fascinating thing though, how a interest for a particular interest in this part of our earths history seems to bloom when the kids (dare I say boys) are in a particular age. Maybe ithere is a correlation with activity in the brain stem?

I agree it is a good thing if the student shows independence, but first there has to be dependency - before one can develop independence. A lot of spiritual practise speaks of the importance of nonattachment..or avoiding entanglement. But one have to recognize a relationship of entanglement first before dismanling it. Also there has been too much focus here on who is giving and who is receiving, so there is in fact no true real relationship, only students relation to very hastily described exercises. Exercises that are allowed to disintergrate due to the lack of precise followup-instruction by the teacher.

I noticed when reading an old book by C.G. Jung that he mentiones the left hand path..the direct path to the primal spirit or the unconscious..I have been thinking that this man Max who is by some described as a mix between an enlightened master and a conman, took a chance on using this as a method intentionally. I remember him mention something like this is a method best suited for those who are not too collected or intellectual, better for those who are more in contact with their feelings.? And..also that the method works "like cutting off a chickens head".

I don't really understand Mantras post..did he just say..we just wanted to give it to you but didn't really foresee the implications?

If so ..thats cool. My hearthackra is happy..with the groupenergy it generated.

Edited by rain

I don't really understand Mantras post..did he just say..we just wanted to give it to you but didn't really foresee the implications?

If so ..thats cool. My hearthackra is happy..with the groupenergy it generated.

I felt it too.

I like -O-

Thank you Chris.

Exercises that are allowed to disintergrate due to the lack of precise followup-instruction by the teacher.

A big thank you for this lovely rain.

Unfortunately, again you are changing the context of my words to suit your own purposes, which are opposed to my own in this case. You misinterpreted the context of Satori's comment as well. Did your parents make sure most aspects of your life were well arranged and well taken care of when you were growing up? It seems like you want a "spiritual parent" of sorts, and that's not what this is about. Take responsibility for your actions. You have bootstraps. Use them, take a step back and find some objectivity. You cannot compare a spiritual practice to a particular menu at your local mall - it holds in only the absolute loosest of applications, and you're well out of the realm of applicability here. If someone showed you the range of kunlun practices and never said word one of reptilians and you had never encountered the concept, what do you honestly think the chances of such manifesting on its own in your mind would be? Next to zero.

Sorry to be curt; it irks me when I make a statement and someone attempts to utilize it in an attempt to support a diametrically opposed viewpoint.

Sincerely hope all that made you feel better.

Chris,

Sometimes people don't step up to the plate until the ball is flying. Thanks for throwing it our way.

And for the rest of you...thanks for the discussion on the Kunlun threads lately.

Oceanside - I really feel it is unfortunate that you and others are moving off of the practice because of these things - it saddens me. There is so much available to you on the other side of this, but follow the heart - it points true north.

It hasn't just been about reptiles.

Maybe I'm already on the other side of this and

it's just time to go.

Thank you for your concern.

Edited by oceanside

Thread Summary

At 25 pgs, this thread is way too long for noobs easy reference. But it's also a really important part of the KL puzzle and so (below) I'm listing a linked summary of important posts in this thread... a quick Cliff-notes through the prism of how I see this thread. Worth bookmarking, imo, so that noobs can get this part of the puzzle - that is not at all obvious in the beginning.

Summary Posts: #90, #107, #118, #122, #135, #157, #166, #279, #360, #362, #367, #390, #460.

Thank you for the post. Especially the one of Blue Tara removing what may be a symbiote. I despise anything that invades my body or home and now especially more since I've been having a lot of issues. I try practices in order to try to have more harmony or become more harmonious. MY DEFINITION of harmony and mine only.

Pero, sorry I sent you that book.