Yoda

Kunlun follow up poll

K follow up poll  

132 members have voted

1. 1. For bums who have tried Kunlun:

• I still do Kunlun regularly (daily, weekly, etc)
    • Not doing Kunlun but am doing a spontaneous motion practice regularly
    • Have tried and discontinued Kunlun, not for me.
    • Never tried spontaneous motion chi kung or Kunlun and have no interest
    • May try spontaneous chi kung or Kunlun someday

5ET,

Please consider a distance learning component to your seminar. I'll bet you could get many of the Kunlun Taobums to sign up for it.

Thanks

I will see what I can arrange and let you know.

Thanks,

Mike

Topflight, good idea... maybe 5ET can offer a Kunlun finishing video course for struggling Kunloonies or something along those lines.

Topflight, good idea... maybe 5ET can offer a Kunlun finishing video course for struggling Kunloonies or something along those lines.

Good idea. I have introduced the idea to sifu and am waiting to hear what he says. When I have an answer, I will post a new thread and let all those interested contact me..

Mike

In addition to what 5ET said, my interpretation is that Shiva and his yogis likes to live where life is raw... not the posturings of daily life but where the rubber meets the road between life and death and since his ashen appearance doesn't fit in with most maternity wards, the graveyard it is where real detachment can be cultivated and rubber neckers don't bother you.

Just to point out, particular forms of Shiva such as Aghora, Bhairava, Vatuka, Smashana Rudra etc. fit the somewhat seemingly ghastly description. At the same time, there are other forms of his such as Kameshwara - the Supremely Beautiful one, Dakshinamurti - the youthful and absolutely still teacher of Advaita Vedanta, Mrityunjaya, the great Doctor, Sharabha, the fierce bird that destroys foes and magical attacks and so on. One picks as his favorite whatever form he ticks with...or rather whatever form HE thinks is suitable for the aspirant. And the path of Aghora, as stated repeatedly by Svoboda, is for a very few and is a path of: "do or die".

Some say that the more wrathful of a Kali you can bear to see the higher you have gone.

Not sure why there is an impression that Kali is always wrathful! She is not even dark in all her forms. As Kamakala kali, she is red and is oozing sensuality. The wrath of Kali is always towards the (inner)demons within the aspirant but never directed at the aspirant. Worship of Kali in her serene forms like Chintamani Kali and Guhya Kali are taught after the aspirant successfully graduates from the "wrathful" form.

Nothing as sweet as her :)

Some say that the accounts of Ramakrishna have been highly edited to cater to the modern reader but he was extremely aghori in actuality.

This is not technically true. Vama, aghora, Kaula, Kapalika, Kshapanika are various branches of left handed tantra. Ramakrishna was an adherent of Vama/Kaula when he started, before he graduated to Advaita and then to simple surrender. But yes, his Vama or leftist backgrounds have been greatly 'sanitized' by folks including Vivekananda. Totally unneeded I would think!

If I remember correctly, Kali made only one appearance at someone's house in Left Hand of God and she said that if he wanted to see her again, it has to be in the charnal grounds where the dogs fight with the snapping turtles over grandma... she can be herself there or something to that effect.

That was not Kali but Smashan Tara, one of the ten Wisdom Goddesses. Again, the need for smashan or burial ground arose because of this specific form of Tara who resides in the burial ground. If one could probably achieve the same state of "everything reduced to ash" internally while sitting at home, I doubt she would suggest a trip to the spooky land :) There are other forms of Tara - like Pingala who is supremely beautiful and worshiped by mostly householders, who take a job and need no crazy stuff ha ha :D

What I was trying to suggest is this: its not always true that a crazy, extreme path is necessary to reach the peak. Other less crazy and moderate paths need not be necessarily slower or leading to a lower height.

Well, whatever be her form, she is AWESOME...

And having known Svoboda and his "Hero" personally, we should take what he says with a pinch of salt .. :lol:

Edited by SiliconValley

And having known Svoboda and his "Hero" personally, we should take what he says with a pinch of salt .. :lol:

You know Robert and his guru Vimalananda? What do you mean by taking it with a pinch of salt?

SiliconValley,

You know Svoboda and his teacher personally??? Awesome!!! Tell us more!!! What's he like... sounded like a crazy man!! Is he into horses in real life? Do you believe all the stories? Did he end up having students? Is Svoboda an actual student of the guy or just sort of an adopted family member? Are the other Svoboda books worth checking out? A student of Swami Kaleshwar put me onto it and said it was very accurate and just scratching the surface. What did you think of the corpse wrestling part? Did he ever teach you the "real" Gayatri?

You obviously know much more about this subject than I.

As a fellow K critic and knowing the Hindu territory... I'd be curious on your take on how the "Left Hand of God" path compares to Kunlun? Kunlun seems to me like a left hand path that has blown off course.

Your pal,

Yoda

Well, I heard from my teacher. He does not want me to videotape the mudra. He is happy to teach anyone in person after they have trained with him or me in person for some time. It is a very sacred mudra and he wants to make sure it goes to people who are serious about learning the art...

Sorry for getting your hopes up.

Mike

Guest winpro07

years ago i was struck on the back of the head at the base of skull by a being. The force was so strong it knocked me several feet forward and tears few out of my eyes. It was like being punched with fist of emotion. I though it was an attack though fear did not take hold. When i turned around i saw a male figure appeared to be southern mexican indian. I went to a friend more familiar with this kind of experience. This being in striking me had opened up my eye to a high enough frequency that i was able to see him and so to communicate which is what he was seeking from me -i learned very much and was able to assist this being on their own path. Punching in human terms is inappropriate but to a being its just a way to say "Hello"

outside the dual reality there are no demons or angels

enlightenment is non-dual

Well, I heard from my teacher. He does not want me to videotape the mudra. He is happy to teach anyone in person after they have trained with him or me in person for some time. It is a very sacred mudra and he wants to make sure it goes to people who are serious about learning the art...

Mike

5ET,

That makes sense, of course, and thanks for looking into that!!

Your pal,

Yoda

Mike

For those who have PM fiveelementtao, contact us directly if this problem is really an issue. In the link below look for the topic..

Spirit Fighting, More than a "Mudra"

The issue of posting a Self-Help, Quick-Fix, Faith-Healing.. CURE ALL YouTube.. doesn't work with SSTT. Those who come to class are learning and incorporating many facets of a discipline in which this "Mudra" is only a small representation of what is being practiced and taught.

Nothing on an SSTT YouTube(s) will prepare anyone for what they will experience in class while training.

It's easier for the SSTT students who have spent weeks/months and many hours of practice --to SSTT Instructors who have spent many years practicing various forms to better perfect this "Mudra". Even for SSTT Instructors who spent many years of dedicated practice, it still is not easy as there is always room to grow and improve.

Respectfully this TaoBums forum is meant for all martial arts/styles/forms and martial artists. The reason why this topic has been briefly addressed and will not be further elaborated on this forum.

Those who are contacting fiveelementtao can best facilitate this TaoBums forum to move this conversation elsewhere. There are many good martial artists and Taoist concepts being discussed on this forum, but what you trying to discuss with fiveelementtao is not something TaoBums or other martial artists have interest regarding these matters pertaining to this topic.

SSTT is supportive of all martial arts and martial artists. Many of our present and past students have come from many different styles and disciplines of martial arts. So respectfully please re-direct your responses below...

Spirit Fighting, More than a "Mudra"

...confer the TaoBums Forum to the dedicated members while SSTT will do our best to address specific issues that may or may not have serious consequences that need to be addressed.

I had this one dream where Max kissed me on the lips... a bit erotic but non-sexual. Reminded me of the Hindu notion of the demon kiss (inauspicious btw :lol: ). I had another creepy undertone dream where Max was standing on the moon.
Interestingly though, the ancient Knights Templar transmitted the energy of the Holy Grail by the breath through kisses:
One of the main ways was via the breath of the Templar master. So there was the kiss - he would actually plant his lips on the initiate. But there was a transmission of that power through his breath. Which is actually a very common practice in the East, but not in the West, obviously. - Mark Amaru Pinkham (6:33)

A kiss is just a kiss? :lol:

I heard about the kissing on the lips as a negative thing from the Aghora Left Hand of God. I'm sure it can mean many things as Sifu Sinatra might say.

Which is actually a very common practice in the East

Really? Never heard of it in any Hindu practices of tantra, yoga or transmission except at one place. In the extreme leftist practice of Bhairavi Chakra, the bhairavi places a kiss on the bhairava during a specific part of the ritual. Not sure what exactly "East" means here - Tibetan, Daoist? Especially a male kissing another male for transmission?

Edited by SiliconValley

A kiss is just a kiss? :lol:

If a not-often kiss was the only issue here then it would be no big deal, imo. But the context is just bunches of other boundary violations.

Like if I got along solid with Yoda, and one day kissed him on the lips... well, it would probably be an awkward not-really-ok moment - but we'd probably get over it. But if my friends were seriously harrassing Yoda and frightening his children and wouldn't stop, and I kissed Yoda on the lips, that would be a whole different situation. Get it?

It was just a dream so maybe it didn't have anything to do with anything perhaps. But it did *feel* like a negative transmission and I was still on board with the practice so was confused by the negative vibe. In my normal life I don't really have strong opinions about dudes kissing me as long as their hands don't wander. :lol:

:lol:

Cat,

Not knocking dreams, I'm starting to get over the whole K thing... whether good, bad, or otherwise... whatever it is is fine... just not for me... so reframing everything a bit along those lines.

Your pal,

Yoda

my daughter is still sitting up and channeling crap at 3am... just had another incidence of that. So still have more work to do but I'm feeling that I'm, personally, 100% out.

Yoda

my daughter is still sitting up and channeling crap at 3am... just had another incidence of that. So still have more work to do but I'm feeling that I'm, personally, 100% out.

Yoda

hey Yoda

I'm sorry to hear this. I sincerely hope every trace of disturbance will vanish. I havent been following your posts about this so I do not understand what you mean about crap, but am totally in agreement with you in that if or when our children are negatively effected by something we initiate, it is time to change ways.

Rain,

Thanks for the note! It'll be gone soon enough, so no big deal really.

Your pal,

Yoda

Rain,

Thanks for the note! It'll be gone soon enough, so no big deal really.

Your pal,

Yoda

Gone where? What's going on with you and your family? :(

Yoda

have you ever consider that this was maybe ment for your daughter?, this was supposed to be her path and not yours, you were only the way to it. she might becoma a contactee. like it has happened with many around, that start at a really young age and are taken appart, specially by the family...just a suggestion ok