Yoda

Kunlun follow up poll

K follow up poll  

132 members have voted

1. 1. For bums who have tried Kunlun:

• I still do Kunlun regularly (daily, weekly, etc)
    • Not doing Kunlun but am doing a spontaneous motion practice regularly
    • Have tried and discontinued Kunlun, not for me.
    • Never tried spontaneous motion chi kung or Kunlun and have no interest
    • May try spontaneous chi kung or Kunlun someday

Cat,

In my friend's example the vibe wasn't benevolent like subtle surgery or anything, more like Witch's experience.

And I'm sure this sort of thing happens in lots of traditions or even a la carte.

Your pal,

Yoda

Guest winpro07
Edited by winpro07

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

He's still teaching but rumor has it that he'll stop soon and just teach small alumni groups.

I was pondering that it's quite possible that even the highest amongst us are known to sing the naughty spirit blues from time to time.

For anyone interested in this topic, there's a great book out there: "Aghora at the left hand of God" is full of high yogis sparring with demons where they win some and lose some, where one mistake can mean the end of one's path for quite some time. One yogi gets into a physical fight and is flat out killed by a demon trying to make good on a dare by his friend. A beginner got the mantra wrong and was instantly torn apart by a tiger. Another chap had sex with a bad dakini and regretted it in the afterlife. There's a lot of crazy fun and games stories with spirit dudes. If I remember correctly, the teacher decided against passing on his path to the next generation saying that the left hand path is fast but way too dangerous for the vast majority of people who don't have 100% control over their minds. Highly recommended reading about life in the spiritual fast lane if you can deal with some disturbing imagery.

From a Buddhist perspective, rumor has it that the Dalai Lama himself decided that an entity whom he had once regarded as a protector of his lineage was bad news and inappropriate for worship in the end. (Some even say that this entity actually channeled detailed instructions to the young Dalai Lama to help him escape the Chinese in his earlier years. )

Yoda

Ours is a trickle-down reality. Whoever understands this, understands the world of spirits. If you notice what's going on in this-here world -- really notice -- you get an accurate picture of what's going on in the world of spirits. As above, so below.

Practices that force one to notice the demons are not attracting the demons anymore than driving on the highway attracts drunk drivers. If you never drive nor get rides from anyone, you may never encounter any drunk drivers. If you never live consciously, you may never encounter any demons.

Consciousness is not such a bargain after all. It's not bliss, it's just the truth. Watch The Matrix once again?.. ;)

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

Aghora At the Left Hand of God says that Shiva loves demons and prefers them in many ways and you can quickly network your way up from Ouija ghosts to higher beings to the gods. The key to travelling down this path safely is detachment... don't accept gifts which forge karmic entanglements. Unfortunately, one might not be aware of one's subtle attachments and could get hooked by enticement in an off moment. They imply that the charnal ground/grave yard is pretty popular for Yogis for this reason and even Paramahansa Yogananda was said to have started his career hanging out with ghosts.

For anyone interested in this topic, there's a great book out there: "Aghora at the left hand of God" is full of high yogis sparring with demons where they win some and lose some, where one mistake can mean the end of one's path for quite some time.

Most Esteemed Master Yoda,

I also have that book and I really enjoy it. On the Shang Ch'ing Path of which you are a part as a kuloonie, it is possible to avoid the entity circus. There is a special protection mudra which is part of our lineage. I was always taught to use it before and after practice. It cleans the area and sends a message to the immortals in our tradition to come and protect and guide our practice. I have personally seen this mudra send ghosts literally running out the door. I have taught it to a couple of taobums here for similar reasons. If they are reading this they can respond or PM you and let you know if it has helped. Max was not taught the spirit fighting so that may be the reason he did not teach this mudra to kunloonies. it is my personal opinion that if you incorporated this mudra into your routine, you would not have to go through the crazy entity circus... I sent you a PM about it a while ago and my message tracker says that you haven't read it. Let me know if I can help.

Mike

Edited by fiveelementtao

Yoda this is great... the vision is widening, here. thankyou.

Why does Shiva prefer demons a bit?

This is only what I was taught in my yogic training. others may have different opinions which are welcome...

It's not that Shiva prefers demons, that can be a little misleading. The picture of Shiva hanging out with demons represents that Shiva (as pure consciousness) has no judgements. The demons that Shiva is seen hanging out with represents the negative destructive passions within US. In yogic mythology demons always represent our negative unconsciousness, our destructive passions.. So, the idea is that we can go to Shiva (pure consciousness) with all our imperfections and he doesn't judge us or send us away. Shiva (in many forms, not all forms) is a very easy hindu god to worship because he has very little preconditions. It also represents that those "demons" in reference to Shiva are seeking to evolve at their own pace. Shiva is also a master demon fighter and there are many stories of him destroying demons. His wife, (Kali), is his feminine side ans she all about demon slaying....

I have only been practicing the protection Mudra referenced by 5elementtao above for a short time, about a month, but have had some interesting experiences with it already, from internal heat to strange sensations. I have been thinking lately it would be interesting to devote some long practice sessions to this alone, however I have some wrist injuries that it seems to aggravate a bit.

It seems quite deep to me, David had an intriguing post on it in the member's only section of the art's forum.

Edited by growant

During the first month I started San Shen Tan Tien I had an experience of fighting with a spirit. Then Sifu Hata and fiveelementtao told me about the mudra for protection. Since I have started the mudra I have not had any problems.

I have been getting alot of PM's regarding people wanting to learn the Spirit Fighting salute/protection mudra. My Sifu has already heard of the interest from this forum. If anyone is interested, you can log on to my sifu's website and send an email or join the forum there.

www.energyfist.com. Sifu will respond to any questions people have about the art. In terms of teaching it, I will have to talk with Sifu to see how he wants to do that.

If anyone is in Los Angeles area, they can meet Sifu for free at his weekly class. If anyone is near to me, Boise, Id We can arrange something.

If enough people from out of town are interested, we may be able to arrange a special seminar...

Websites:

Los Angeles area... www.EnergyFist.com

Boise, ID area... www.SpiritTao.com

5ET,

Dang... what a PM to miss, huh??? :lol:

I'll look for it... if I could get these walls to stop bleeding that would be good. :lol:

Depending on when you sent it, maybe that would have spared the forum all my boohooing! :lol: As it happens, I'm totally off my lunch for anything spontaneous for the next hundred million lifetimes... but I'll keep it in mind!! :lol:

Seriously, though, thank you very much for unpacking your angle on things.

Your pal,

Yoda

~~~

Cat,

In addition to what 5ET said, my interpretation is that Shiva and his yogis likes to live where life is raw... not the posturings of daily life but where the rubber meets the road between life and death and since his ashen appearance doesn't fit in with most maternity wards, the graveyard it is where real detachment can be cultivated and rubber neckers don't bother you. Last I checked, there was a documentary on youtube called Aghora, aghori, etc about the life of one of them... you get to see him chewing on someone's thighbone and everything!! (all that meditation makes one a bit peckish) The film is a bit more "down to earth" than the book but is still good. The section about "finding the right skull to eat out of" was instructive. :lol:

Some say that the more wrathful of a Kali you can bear to see the higher you have gone.

Some say that the accounts of Ramakrishna have been highly edited to cater to the modern reader but he was extremely aghori in actuality.

If I remember correctly, Kali made only one appearance at someone's house in Left Hand of God and she said that if he wanted to see her again, it has to be in the charnal grounds where the dogs fight with the snapping turtles over grandma... she can be herself there or something to that effect.

Crazy stuff!

Yoda

Some say that the more wrathful of a Kali you can bear to see the higher you have gone.

Rings very true.

5ET,

Please consider a distance learning component to your seminar. I'll bet you could get many of the Kunlun Taobums to sign up for it.

Thanks