Yoda

Kunlun follow up poll

K follow up poll  

132 members have voted

1. 1. For bums who have tried Kunlun:

• I still do Kunlun regularly (daily, weekly, etc)
    • Not doing Kunlun but am doing a spontaneous motion practice regularly
    • Have tried and discontinued Kunlun, not for me.
    • Never tried spontaneous motion chi kung or Kunlun and have no interest
    • May try spontaneous chi kung or Kunlun someday

I strongly support your decision to stop KL. Based on alot of what I am hearing of others' experience, it seems there is something that people are tapping into that is not healthy. It comes down to what is best for each of us. I have never bought into the idea that Kunlun or ANY practice or religion is a path to enlightenment. I think the whole concept of enlightenment is BS. Life is a journey. It is about progressing on the path to maturity throughout many lifetimes (IMO). Any practice or path is only a tool for our souls to grow toward spiritual maturity. the whole idea that a practice is going to instantly grant us our spiritual diploma is destructive in and of itself. IMO, the difference between a destructive cult and a helpful spiritual discipline can be as simple as the expectations that surrounds the practice. If it is presented as a tool to be used with caution and with boundaries, it can be helpful for those who are drawn to it. If it presented as an instant fix and "The best way", it can be very destructive because the entire expectation of "salvation" deters the practitioner from the gradual process of spiritual maturity.

Good post!

Yoda - Are things settling down now that you have started with Mak Tin Si?

Ya Mu,

Things are, thanks for asking! According to my daughter, we are down to our last ghost, "Phoebe." :lol: And Phoebe is a nice one, so she's cool with it.

Your pal,

Yoda

I had much the same reaction as Ian did. Penetrating the depths of who you are and being in great health pretty much seems like you've already accomplished the goal of many schools of spirituality - why add any formal practice to that!? you should teach instead.

Well, I fell from enlightenment after the little bit of time was up. It's totally not a stable thing for me. The goal is to have it be permanent.

I'm still way too imperfect and young to be a teacher. You can think of it like me being someone who has worked out in a gym once...do you want me to train you just based on that? Or would you rather have someone who spends all of their time in the gym and has a bunch of certifications? The person who has only been there once, for about a minute, knows what the gym is like and how to do some things but they're REALLY inexperienced. So I have no right to fall into the trap of teaching yet. ;)

Who's Lord Yama?

Don't get too jumpy but,

Lord Yama is Lord Yama....or in english ya born ya gonna die!

Quote Jarjar binks

Messa gonna Die?

Boss Gungan

Yousa gonna Die.. (how do you write check jowls flapping?)

Lord Yama is Death. It's very healthy to respect the power he has over all of us.

Personally I'm working on overcoming some inner obstacles that I created for myself by understanding the Tao. Not just what was created while working with the Clearwind taoshih but also the Dancing Wuli masters, Sifu Cook

and Prof. Krull.

Understanding ones death usually makes one very jumpy and sensitive to truth.

May all sentient beings benefit.

Edited by Machin Shin

Well, I fell from enlightenment after the little bit of time was up. It's totally not a stable thing for me. The goal is to have it be permanent.
Yea, from what I've seen, if your baseline foundation isn't raised high enough, you will not be able to maintain such higher states. It's like taking a big jump up, but having nothing higher to land on. Which means you will come right back down to where you had left off.

But you are still DAMNED LUCKY to have at least gotten that brief glimpse of the big E! :D

I see overactive imaginations on this thread. Thanks to those who brought some sober analysis to the table here. (especially Ya Mu)

The energy is there, doesnt disturb me at all compared to Kundalini. No major glitches in 1.3 years of daily practise. If anything, its not as powerful as I'd hoped; it seems that many other schools have this style of meditation as only one practise among many, which brings the question...

Why do Jenny Lamb and Max believe/say this practise is all you need? (in my opionion there at least needs stillness practise as 5ET thoroughly explains, as well, morality or ethical practice because I dont think the energetic transformation does enough to transform one's ego.)

The adjuct practises, such as RP/Sah/Spirit travel, that I've done off and on have become more...recognizable, the energy flows in particular ways. Contrast that to for example the first time I tried spirit travel, it just made my arms hurt. I was going to leave off all this stuff in February, but it seems some encouraging results are dribbling in.

I remember during the seminar Max said that he was going to spend 2 years spreading his practises. Since then I assumed he was going to stop his seminar road trips by the end of 2009, and thats what happened. (so I don't really put too much stock in the reasons he gave for quitting.)

Some people seem to have all sorts of expectations beyond paying 300 bucks to learn some high level meditations. And indeed at its height last year, with the KL forum going at full steam it seemed that it was turning more that just learning a few bits from a friend. The problem, in my view is that when we had access to Max, few good questions were asked. I dont blame him for getting bored-- he abdicated the forum and none of the high level studens stepped in to take charge. The MGD RP problem showed that there was no school, no responsible elder, and we were on our own to make mistakes and grapple with whatever comes....

So anyway, I've got an hour of K1 in front of me. Ciao.

The transformation of the ego thing is interesting....... for me the practice resulted in a lot of racking remorse and apology as a strong sense of all my human weakness and failings overtook me, as if I had reached a state of perceiving myself as though I were in the presence of angels and my stained and flawed self was crystal clear. I felt a huge purging and cleansing come form this perspective and of cousre humility...and lots of other ego related issues came up.. I did write about them in my practice journal at KL forum, and some here too. So for me the practise does do ego transformation. It led me to Samyama, too, which is profoundly transformative.

Why do you think it does that job for some people and not for others?

Is it a case of 'readiness is all'?

Hmm. I completely agree with what you are saying. I suppose I was arguing more for a Mahayana versus Hinayana kind of behavioural egolessness. Sure Kunlun detoxes and liberates, like many other energy practises, or things like herbal detox or excercise etc. But to go from purging and cleansing to outwardly manifesting generosity, compassion, egoless behavior in everyday life--I think requires conscious effort that doesnt just happen because you feel personally liberated.

What I am talking about is an ancient debate, my attitudes reflect my history and bias.

hhm, ... it wasnt like the usual 'personal liberation' which is a part of one's narrative that fades a few chapters along the line...at least.. this far down the line,( which is only about a year, after all..) it has long lastedly made me more compassionate and less judgmental and really all round quite different, more spacious inside. My experience of herbal detox and excericse etc is as you describe. I dont have to do the conscious effort thing. it's like the mechanism is different.. I've noticed when girlfriends are talking about other women in a jokey critical way, my response which comes up is only "well, good for her.. I hope it works for her.." which is a pretty blokey type of response.. women usually have more to say that that about one another.. :o And that is just one easy example..

I have taken a break from practice partly because of the intensity of the devotional drive which was resulting.

I think there is a spritual typology, just as there is a personality typology. And introverts have a different ride than extroverts.

Oh I see I started my post with 'hmm', just like you did. hey ho. unconcscious mirrorring.

*sips tea'

*waits to see if de_paradise sips tea*

Okay, I agree with you again. (made some jasmine tea) Im not saying the englightenment process does not alter one's personality: opens heart, expands one's sense of self, gives spaciousness when dealing with problems etc. Just I dont know how I could attribute behavioural changes to Kunlun since I'm such a flux of tendancies, karma, practises, energies.

In the past in Kunlun circles people IMO have talked such fluff, and so I want to be extra careful in not giving Kunlun more than its due. The same people who praised Kunlun can sing the opposite tune.If a person who advises to "just let go" and walk in the tulips smiling at birds, one year later is worried about ghosts and viruses, I conclude that this person (just a hypothetical person) maybe did not reach that energetic transformation they thought they did.

Nevertheless, I did go through similar changes you talk about. I suppose I had forgotten already: thats proves that its unconscious, hey. The conscious side of the equation is that behavioral effort that is a method of cultivation itself, and reinforce the practitioner while their energies go topsy turvy.

An interesting parallel experience with entities from a kundalini perspective:

Human spiritual advisors whose wisdom comes from religious dogma rather than through personal transformational experience may take a particularly dim view of visitations by strange spirits. Profound encounters with illuminating beings may be dismissed as delusion or hallucination. It can be especially disheartening when well intentioned family members or professionals insist upon medication or other treatment to terminate these experiences. (On the other hand, some people in transformation who are unprepared for such encounters find them so distracting or uncomfortable that they ask to be drugged.) In Rachael's case, her neighbors were so taken aback by her harmless digging rituals that they called the police to investigate. Some people -- doctors and laymen alike -- fervently believe that hearing voices or seeing beings is always a sign of mental aberration. The person in transformation may find himself labeled schizophrenic because of his mystical experiences. And of course, there are those who warn that all these visions and voices are the work of Satan. Rachael's friends tried to procure an exorcism, but she would have nothing to do with it. "Grumble is a part of me, " she explained years later. "If they were going to get rid of Grumble, they'd have to get rid of me, too." Which leads to the question: Do these beings exist in their own right or are they merely aspects of our private psyches? If we delete merely, the answer is: both. In a world where we have been conditioned to demand either/or distinctions, this answer can be difficult to accept. Yet for those of us experiencing a fuller range of awareness, it is obvious that the world is more complex and multileveled than the yes/no, right/wrong, "Just the facts, ma'am" scenario to which we've been expected to confine ourselves.

While many spirit visitations are benign, some are not. Saints such as the remarkable healer, Padre Pio, although blessed by spiritual protectors, are often besieged by painful encounters with denizens of the underworld throughout their lives. I know from personal experience that unevolved entities do exist, and some can be destructive. Some of these entities resemble human figures, others seem protoplasmic. Some appear as nebulous forces such as sudden strong winds, eruptions that may shake the house, shadows, etc. I encountered one malefic entity that exuded a putrefying stench. I somehow intuitively knew that this entity was an astral vampire. Years later, when I retold this incident to a man who was a long time student of the occult, he informed me that esoteric lore describes vampires as always having the foul odor of rotting carrion. Other, more playful astral beings may resemble children or animals. Some make sounds. I encountered one friendly being that made a staccato noise like a Geiger counter. This critter was not visible to me, but I could track it's whereabouts in my house by hearing its crackling noises. It would jump from one area to the next at lightning speed: I would hear it in the far end of the house, then a second later, it would be right behind me. It was a very considerate spirit; the first time it made its audio appearance right next to my face, I told it that it was scaring me and asked it to please back off a bit. Thereafter, it always kept a respectful distance from me. It was my uninvited guest for several weeks, until a friend who also heard it became worried and wanted to do a ceremonial magic rite to banish it. I wasn't sure about the necessity of banishing, but to humor my friend, I agreed. Either my friend's spell worked or the crackling entity didn't want to hang around where it wasn't wanted. Either way, that was the last I heard of it.

Demonic beings are easily distinguishable from spirit guides and deities. Demons appear grotesque or feel ominous in some way. I have experienced a cold draft or chill when such entities are present. I believe this is because these beings are energy-draining. Spirits from higher planes radiate rather than absorb energy from us. Frequently these higher beings are seen surrounded by light, or as luminous clouds. The strangest dark entity I ever came across personally was some kind of astral mollusk that awoke me in the night. It came sailing at me from out of nowhere and forcefully (and it seemed, intentionally) collided with my neck. It made a squishing sound on impact, and I actually felt a very cold, wet, slimy sensation of the thing's body slathered against my skin. Instinctively, I tried to grab it off me, but when I reached for it, my hand felt nothing. Puzzled, I fell back asleep. The next day, I awoke with a severe sore throat that lasted for about a week. If these entities speak to us, another tip off is the content of the messages. The lower entities are crude and nasty in what they say. They may "advise" us to do harm to ourselves or to others. Regardless of who these entities claim to be, and whether they communicate to us through a voice, automatic writing, or other apparently supernatural means, Roberto Assagioli advises us to always examine them "with much discrimination and sound judgment, and without being influenced by their uncommon origin or by any claim of their alleged transmitter." In his book Psychosynthesis, Assagioli goes on to warn that "No validity should be attributed to messages containing definite orders and commanding blind obedience, and to those tending to exalt the personality of the recipient." Higher beings never instruct us to do anything dangerous or hurtful. Our spiritual guides may be quite strict and demanding, and they may ask us to risk ourselves in new ways. But they never push us toward debasement or perversion. Nature spirits, or devas, are a class unto themselves. They are deeply distrustful of mankind, and may be sullen or angry, but are not inherently malicious. In The Astral Body, A.E. Powell says that "They will also sometimes masquerade in thought-forms that men have made, and think it a great joke to flourish horns, to lash a forked tail, and to breathe out flame as they rush about." However, Powell (a theosophist whose source of information was secondhand reports from other psychics) is mistaken in so many of his commentaries that I question this one as well. I suspect that these "thought-form devils" were, in fact, appearances of fauns.

One woman who is psychically awakened says that whenever she senses such entities in the vicinity, she mentally warns them, "Don't even think about it." This scares them off. If the beings seem persistent or troublesome, a more forceful approach may be required. In his story of his own transformation, Joy's Way, W. Brugh Joy tells of bellowing "Get out!" at a threatening entity. (It did.) I've found in my own experience (which isn't vast -- I've only had a few dozen strong contacts with malign beings) that even the most frightening or evil-appearing entities respond favorably to honesty and genuine appreciation of their powers.

In my personal experience, there has always been a reason for the appearance of entities, no matter how unevolved or frightening they may seem. They are invariably messengers of some kind, and if I am attentive, I almost always get a sense of what it is they want from me or what they've come to reveal to me. After I receive the message, I thank the being for coming to me. If it is a disturbing entity, I then tell it to "return to your rightful place in the universe" and reassure it (demons have fears too) that the light will guide it home and it will be safe. I have on occasion felt the presence of beings (not necessarily malevolent) who were trying to use me as a channel. I have no interest in mediumship, and I mentally make this clear to them. I tell them that I won't voluntarily be an instrument they can speak through, but if they have something they want to say, I'm willing to hear it directly. Then I can decide whether or not I want to convey their message to others. (So far, this stipulation has always caused them to retreat.) Calling upon God, Jesus, spirit guides or a beloved guru for help is also a good way to deal with threatening entities.

It may be that...any opening will expand your perception to the wider subtle realm-at-large - and whatever all it may contain.

And it is not going to magically make you selectively only see the "good" things, either. Why would it? When that's not the full reality?

It's like a blind kid blaming a healer who restores his sight for allowing him to see war and pestilence now. But, I think a true expansion of reality is going to make you see more of both "good" and "bad," not only one side. The artificial division of sides which resides only in your mind, anyways...

While many of us may have imagined only "good" (harps, light & angels) due to New Age sugarcoating...perhaps that is simply not the full reality on the ascending "stairway to Heaven."

Edited by vortex

If a person who advises to "just let go" and walk in the tulips smiling at birds, one year later is worried about ghosts and viruses, I conclude that this person (just a hypothetical person) maybe did not reach that energetic transformation they thought they did.

Deparadise, Yoda/Kyle/the green one/etc is cool... I'm deliberately putting myself out there for discussion, not a problem.

Vortex, I'd disagree that it's easy to feel the difference between good energies and bad ones and all you have to do is to pray to Jesus, Buddha, etc. Some of these dudes have done their cultivation practices for 100s of years and find it easy to play the good guy and aren't scared off by name dropping.

One thing I remember Max saying on the K forum to someone who asked about "miscellaneous" entities floating around their home, he said to just ignore them.

Your pal,

Yoda

It may be that...any opening will expand your perception to the wider subtle realm-at-large - and whatever all it may contain.

And it is not going to magically make you selectively only see the "good" things, either. Why would it? When that's not the full reality?

I've been having "lineage" type experiences for a little over 2 decades. Christian, Hindu, Tibetan ... which beings I've interacted with corresponded to which teacher, which temple, which altar. I've been in groups where people go through all kinds of stuff, dig up their unconscious, mystical etc's. Subtle reptiles never came up (not for me, and not with anyone I knew of) until a few days after I was initiated by Max. Rather no coincidence that many many of us just happened to start to have naga experiences right after initiation by Max??? It's the psychic stream that has protected him and given him support through much of his life. Has been of real benefit for Max. And, as we've seen, it's been fine for some of us. But definately not for others. Way, way not. %-wise I don't know how it works out, but the rascalious-reptile trouble certainly doesn't have to happen to everyone, nor it even to a majority, for it to be worth acknowledging. And, especially this sort of trouble, it's the kind that can seriously send someone around the bend.

The role of a heavenly Lineage is to provide refined energy (grace), and stable ways of being at very high levels of consciousness... so that students can refine with more stability, purity, and have an inner refuge to go to when the going gets dicey...

Yoda has talked to more than a dozen people who've had trouble. (And I don't think he put up a sign that said, "only talk me if you got rascalious-reptile troubles".) That's a pretty large sampling, as big o' batch of private conversations as any of us is likely to get. And his daughter senses these entities? Various people in the same house are having troubles, even when they don't do the practice??? (Not just in Yoga's household but also Cat's.) Clearly there is real danger and injury for some substantial percentage of people who get involved, and for people who are even near those that got involved.

This is just too many reports, from people who're speakingly evenly, who've been trustworthy on the board for a long time, and had actually gone to seminars and done the practice. :lol:

If the above is the case (and I know that everyone needs to make their own decision), would you recommend that a friend get involved in such a situation?

And, again, I had no trouble with the brief interaction that I had, during the very brief period of time just after initiation. And I feel that I've benefited from the KL + RP, and I feel that Max has been kind and generous to me, genuinely helpful.

Edited by Trunk

Good points, you 2. I was just raising some more possibilities here, not claiming to have any definitive answers, btw.

And I still don't. In fact, I think realizing I don't know anything for a fact, is admitting that all this could be an "illusion." Which may be a step towards seeing through it (if it is one).

Anyhow, I would seem to agree that the "reptilian" aspect specifically...seems to be brought in by Max somehow.

But, we've had discussion about that too...and it's not clearcut "good" or "bad," either.

Buddha_Park_Nagas.JPG

I mean, if Buddha hung out with them...who's to say?

reptile.jpg

OTOH, if they enjoy looshing humans like Capri Suns and covertly taking over our world...lol.

Are they friends and/or foes?

Again, I just don't know anymore! :lol:

Edited by vortex

Hi everyone!

I've never posted on this site before. Only read through it on various topics including Kunlun. I have been practicing the method for the past 8 months. Met Max twice. Here's my 2 cents. It turned out to be a long post. Still I hope people will end up reading it. :)

Like most have said before me, the method is powerful, but taught in a misleading way. This has been the consensus ever since the practice was introduced. Not many people liked how Chris sold it or how it was all for the "bliss." In fact, one of the reasons Max said he was quitting was because he realized that many are drawn to the pleasurable side effects and not to its ultimate purpose.

I dare say this is the problem in many Eastern "spiritual" practices including Yoga, Tai chi, Kung Fu etc. The benefits are there but I believe the practices themselves mislead the students. They end up feeding the ego when certain powers and abilities are attained by the practitioner. Or more often, damaging the ego when the practitioner experiences frustration in not being able to measure up to the practices themselves.

The great mistake many practitioners make therefore is beginning with the attitude of the selfish ego still intact. Most do so with everything else in life. Yet, looking through the past messages of so-called enlightened teachers (I'm speaking mainly about the likes of Ramana Maharshi or even Krishnamurti. Be happy to object.) or the holy scriptures of various religions throughout history, I found that the questions, "Who are you?" "Who is it that seeks?" are highly emphasized beyond any certain methods (Or in the case of religious texts, to give oneself totally to the supreme God/Tao/Brahman/etc. by realizing that one is already one with It).

What does this have to do with Kunlun? In my experience, Kunlun powerfully eradicates this sense of the ego and the self-image as traditionally identified with the mind-body. The mind-body consciousness one is accustomed to is forcefully stripped away because the practice is so demanding. The habit of having a ego however will try to hold on to the sense of "I." Consequently, its past confusions and contradictions will show as/become a victim to negative entities, demons, visions, and so forth. I think this is where people start having a wide variety of experiences.

Max does encourage this by telling one to surrender. This is nonetheless as contradicting as trying to subdue rising thoughts in meditation through more thoughts. Kunlun is powerful enough to penetrate the grasping of the ego on the body, but I believe that it will never lead to liberation or even continual bliss for this very reason: Anything done from the perspective of an imagined "doer" will eventually lead to more and more struggles. I'm not sure if Max even recognizes this because he has become so powerful and has had such a unique life. Although I really don't doubt his good intentions towards others, (and I think he has realized this too as can be noted in his decision to stop teaching) Kunlun's can easily be destructive and misused.

This is not to say practices like meditation or Tai Chi should be limited only to those who feel completely secure in it. My take on many of these practices is that they are there to HEAL all the accumulations one has built up from the past from the false identification with an imaginary entity called the "I." What is happening in many cases with these practices in modern culture is that people are adding more to the ego believing that they will become like the guru/teacher. In a sense, a lot of people are taking the wrong medicine or doing it backwards. Essentially, there should be liberation from the ego identification BEFORE any sort of healing can take place in its true form. Everything will become absolutely effortless in that state of mind.

I would advise anyone who is new to Kunlun or any art to totally give into self-inquiry before deciding on a path (or even a life purpose...actually, is there a difference?). Break yourself down. Who are you? Your thoughts? Your body? It is the most relevant question not only to the members of this community but to mankind. As long as one is willing to be totally sincere and honest in that search (which I think can happen as quickly as telling someone that "it is as it is" or "everything's simply in motion"), I don't think it won't be too hard.

Well, thank you for reading!

One final note: I think there was a very wise man on this forum named fatherpaul who always pointed out the hypocrisy in many of the "seekers" in simple words. Who is it that practices?

Yoda has talked to more than a dozen people who've had trouble.

I've talked to way more than a dozen people who have nothing but good stuff to say too.

Problems arise in any path, but the negative accounts I've heard are beyond the "self pacing" or "too much power too fast" type problems and include three cases of non-practicing family members developing problems. There literally are people who won't post their bad experiences as they fear supernatural retribution if they do. Even if this is purely crazy thinking, it's still illustrative of the level of negativity inspired by these experiences.

The situation is similar to Chia where the majority of people are having positive experiences, but some people aren't and it's a good thing to let people know about it.

Yoda

Guest winpro07

this is very accurate. People are waking up to conditions that have existed their whole lives.

Not "seeing" means unenlightened and deep spiritual sleep. There is no such thing as "ready for reality"

and absolutely no way for anyone to prepare you for "waking-up" The Energy output of the pineal of an wakened Human Being is always enough to waken others and anyone who is ready may spontaneously start. SEEING energy is a normal human condition. IF you are seeking ENLIGHTENMENT you WILL have to SEE.

you will see many things that do not fit your egos design

The reptile mind or lower dantien does not experience condition as good or bad. It simply acts.

Discomfort with this part of your self is a matter requiring introspect

The randomness or differences in experiences of awakening depends mostly on which order your minds wakeup in.

Edited by winpro07

Max not teaching any more? Can't someone post his statement? I was hoping to do a workshop :(

Max not teaching any more? Can't someone post his statement? I was hoping to do a workshop :(
It's at the KL forum; I doubt that he would grant for it to be posted here. I'm certainly not going to ask. Basically he's teaching openly through the end of the year and then will become more private. Perhaps still teaching some but on a less-open basis - what exactly that means I don't know. I assume that the teachers he has trained will continue teaching. That's it in a nut-shell. Edited by Trunk

Here's an anonymous quote describing one person's experience shortly after going to a Kunlun workshop, used with permission:

After the course I had a dream/vision where a bunch of aliens/taoist immortals came and took something from inside of me.

After that she decided that the practice wasn't for her! Sounds a bit like Witch's experience. I had a few experiences along these lines too.

~~~

Cam, I'm glad you brought up DMT... good angle.

The DMT: Spirit Molecule book covers this issue. The author obtained permission to inject DMT into volunteers in a lab setting and was personally hoping to gain therapeutic stories from doing so.

Instead he gathered the same range of experiences we are discussing from happy angelic encounters to creepy ET encounters to very ambiguous encounters where the subject wasn't really sure about whether what just happened to them was good or not.

From a bottom line net benefit perspective it was a mixed bag and he says that he'll never repeat this experiment.

He speculates that taking a person living in the modern world, sitting them in a laboratory, and giving them a DMT blast isn't going to be beneficial to too many people.

If he were to repeat the experiment he would do it in a traditional ayahuasca ceremony type setting with an experienced shaman in a natural setting and he feels that the result of this sort of approach may be more beneficial to its subjects.

Yoda