JEN_A_KINS

hello...

my name is jennifer and up until a few weeks ago, i'd never heard of taoism. i was raised in a pretty traditional christian environment, went to christian schools pretty much my whole life.....but it never really felt right, nor did i ever really believe what i was being told.....i've been pouring over info via internet about every religion i could find......and taoism is the only that makes any sense to me.

unfortunately all i know is what i've read on several different sites....so, i am here for answers, and guidence.

my name is jennifer and up until a few weeks ago, i'd never heard of taoism. i was raised in a pretty traditional christian environment, went to christian schools pretty much my whole life.....but it never really felt right, nor did i ever really believe what i was being told.....i've been pouring over info via internet about every religion i could find......and taoism is the only that makes any sense to me.

unfortunately all i know is what i've read on several different sites....so, i am here for answers, and guidence.

hello jen a kins - and welcome.

plenty of answers/guidance around here. over time i have found taoist study to be highly revealing of the

thread of truth that runs through all (most) philosophies/religions. simplicity itself.

questions open doors, right?

hello jen a kins - and welcome.

plenty of answers/guidance around here. over time i have found taoist study to be highly revealing of the

thread of truth that runs through all (most) philosophies/religions. simplicity itself.

questions open doors, right?

Yes! opening doors is my goal, ....my problem is i have no idea where to start ....there is so much research available on taoism, and i don't want to waste my time sorting through the real teachings vrs. all the crap on the internet.....any suggestions?

Yes! opening doors is my goal, ....my problem is i have no idea where to start ....there is so much research available on taoism, and i don't want to waste my time sorting through the real teachings vrs. all the crap on the internet.....any suggestions?

much good introductory information can simply be googled - questions concerning taoism, taoist texts and

related commentaries bring up surprising numbers of responses. probably the quickest way to find direction,

initially.

just google lao tze, 'the tao te ching', writings of chuang tzu, 'the watercourse way' by alan watts, for starters;

see where it takes you.

i like david hinton's translations of various classic taoist works - concise, poetic format. copies of lao tze's

'the tao te ching' by many different translators can be gotten for under $10 at amazon.com.

also, posting specific questions, once you've formulated some, in the taoist discussion here at ttb, is certainly

one way to bypass potential hype on the net. hope you enjoy!

Welcome Jen, Take yr time and just remain questioning and mindful - doors will open in time... Pat

Thanks, i'm off to do some reading....when i formulate some questions, i'll ley ya'll know. :)

Thanks, i'm off to do some reading....when i formulate some questions, i'll ley ya'll know. :)

I like the map idea, but i seem to be the only in Louisiana..lol. I'll take my tea with just a little milk, thanks.

I like the map idea, but i seem to be the only in Louisiana..lol. I'll take my tea with just a little milk, thanks.

pren86l.jpg

24.gif