Jesse

Eight extraordinary meridians

I've been reading this the last couple of days and it's pretty good(especially being free). I haven't gotten through the whole thing yet but so far so good. The book seems to be a lot of practices from the Healing tao system but in his(James MacRitchie) own experience and style from teaching/practicing over the years.

Enjoy

http://globalqiproject.com/

Jesse

The book by James MacRitchie is one of the wide-ranging evaluations of the potential impact of Qi theory on this world , which seldom can you find in other authors .

As China is rising to become another superpower, its cultural impact on this world will totally be different from the precedent America's replacement of the UK's , the previously possible Japan's rise and the coming Indian one .

American culture is the continuity of the European one on a new continent, her rise after the 2nd World War

did not bring to the world anything totally new in cultural sense . The Marxist ( or more precisely Stalinist ) USSR was only another division of the Western culture .

The possible rise of Japan by the end of 70's in the last century , if it did happen , if the GNP of the Japanese economy did overtake US's in the last century , still hardly would she bring to the world anything fundamental new in cultural aspects for starting from the Meiji Reforms, Japan had inclined to the Western culture and deliberately tried getting rid of Qi's place in her own medicine and her own culture , making the traditional Japanese medicine ( called Eastern Medicine, とうよういがく) degenerated into solely maintaining the doses of the Chinese medicine and acupuncture without soul, i.e. , some kind of medical mediums (herbals, needles..) working under no profound theoretical analyze of the human body and the world humans live in. In fact, I always wonder how the Japanese acupuncture doctors do their practice as the fundamental understanding of qi in their system is already undermined ; These people are just some kind of technicians / tactician of a half-dead expertise ,remains of the once great system , hardly can you find great master or strategist from them.

Nor India's rise will give people of this world any fundamental cultural shock for although Indian Yoga does develop something similar to the Chinese, never can they build up a complete system of Qi ; concretely speaking , they do not develop a system so full and complicated as the 5-element theory does , which corresponds to all aspects of human existence ; nor do they discover hundreds of acupuncture points and 20 meridians that , based on them , you can make use of massage/ needles /herbs / plaster / cupping.... to cure thousands of diseases .

Edited by exorcist_1699

I've been reading this the last couple of days and it's pretty good(especially being free). I haven't gotten through the whole thing yet but so far so good. The book seems to be a lot of practices from the Healing tao system but in his(James MacRitchie) own experience and style from teaching/practicing over the years.
Enjoy

Jesse,
This is a major find for me, especially MacRitchie's chapter on The Master-Coupled Points.
And I'm also delighted to find these points integrated into a larger practice.
I may even get to the rest of his practices.
Thank you very much for posting this.

Sweet, thanks for sharing this. Apparently the guy founded the National Qigong Association. I will begin reading it.

Hello

I copied the book to my disk. Beacase this is one of the things I haven't done jet from the universal tao system. But as far as I remember from what I have read from Mantak Chias books there is some dangers involved with opening the extraordinary channels without a teacher.

What do you peoplel think about the safety in the methods described in this book and how about following it wighout a teacher. I am wery interested to do it beacase my teachers in the universal tao system is on another path and I have no guides for the moment.

Wery interested to hear your opinions on danger and safety valves for this.

F D

Hello

I copied the book to my disk. Beacase this is one of the things I haven't done jet from the universal tao system. But as far as I remember from what I have read from Mantak Chias books there is some dangers involved with opening the extraordinary channels without a teacher.

What do you peoplel think about the safety in the methods described in this book and how about following it wighout a teacher. I am wery interested to do it beacase my teachers in the universal tao system is on another path and I have no guides for the moment.

Wery interested to hear your opinions on danger and safety valves for this.

F D

Hey FD

you might want to email the author i think he would answer your questions. i heard a podcast from him the other week and he said something to the effect of that he wrote this book for all the people that couldn't ever get to a teacher.

Jesse

Enjoy

Jesse

Jim probably knows as much about the eight extraordinary vessels as anyone. His style of qigong acupuncture is unique and awesome. On top of that he is a grand fellow to have a couple of beers with. I like and respect him. Even though he is one of those damn British. :D:lol:

Hey FD

you might want to email the author i think he would answer your questions. i heard a podcast from him the other week and he said something to the effect of that he wrote this book for all the people that couldn't ever get to a teacher.

Jesse

What a good idea, I will try it, someday! This might be exactly what I am looking for! Beacase if it works it opens up the possibilities to reach further into the universal tao system, and that is what I want and my yoga group also want.

F D