Vajrasattva

Post KAP 1 Grad Ingredients we cultivate daily.

1) Godai / 5 elements Earth Water Fire Air Void

2) Rainbow Lights (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Bright White, Silver, Gold, Electro Violet, Pink, Clear Light)

3) Luminosity, radiance & energies from Stars & Constellations & Cosmos

4) Sun's & Moon's energies

5) Thunder & Lightning

6) Earth Magnetic Force (Yin), Universal Magnetic Force

7) Cosmic force (Yang)

8) Draw From Nature (Big rocks, mountains, Forests, trees, Ponds, rivers, streams, lakes, oceans etc)

9) Drawing from Universe/God (Shiva/Shakti/AUM/TAO/ALLAH etc) attributes (Through intention, Mantra, Prayer, Zikr)

10) Dissolve in to pure empty ness or Pure Void.

We use all this to apply it towards a True Awakening, Enlightenment, Healing others, Self Defence Protection, and Manifesting changes in our reality for the better of all.

Peace

Santiago

2) Rainbow Lights (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Bright White, Silver, Gold, Electro Violet, Pink, Clear Light)

5) Thunder & Lightning

7) Cosmic force (Yang)

8) Draw From Nature (Big rocks, mountains, Forests, trees, Ponds, rivers, streams, lakes, oceans etc)

9) Drawing from Universe/God (Shiva/Shakti/AUM/TAO/ALLAH etc) attributes (Through intention, Mantra, Prayer, Zikr)

We use all this to apply it towards a True Awakening, Enlightenment, Healing others, Self Defence Protection, and Manifesting changes in our reality for the better of all.

Peace

Santiago

Nice Philosophy Santi :D

Not that you claim your KAP practice is Taoism or Taoist or the Taoist's Tao, but for the sake of the newbies here, I'd like to make it perfectly clear that this is not Taoism, Taoist, or the Taoist's way (Tao).

Taoism involves the five elements: Water, Fire, Earth, Metal, Wood.

It takes many years of practice and study to understand these symbols and their usage in Taoism.

Taoist don't "draw" from the Tao. We merge with it and become it. In other words, we don't "draw" from it like drawing water from a river; we are the water in the river. Drawing on a faith in God is another way.

Yang and Yin in Taoism refer primarily to behavioral modes in the practice: advance/withdraw or movement/stillness. Also used to describe the two kinds of fire (positive/negative). But not Mag/cosmic force.

There's a famous Taoist saying: "the void that is empty is wrong, the void that is not empty is correct." This is the Taoist way, though much practice to understand.

In Taoism there is not true awakening and something else called enlightenment. There is simply the merging with the Tao.

This is not a criticism of your particular practice in any way, just a clarification.

Sometimes I wish Sean would rename this website the spiritual bums, or metaphysical bums, etc. so that people who come here thinking it's about the Tao of the Taoists won't be confused. And being a devout Taoist I don't like seeing the pure Tao of the Taoists watered down and intermingled to the point where it's no longer recognizable. I really think Sean should at least have separate forums for the non-taoist paths (Hinduism, Buddhism, personal practices or unique conglomerations, etc.) so readers won't be misled. This forum is called "Taoist Discussion" but more often then not what you find here is not a Taoist discussion. Is this right?

Edited by Tao99

Not that you claim your KAP practice is Taoism or Taoist or the Taoist's Tao, but for the sake of the newbies here, I'd like to make it perfectly clear that this is not Taoism, Taoist, or the Taoist's way (Tao).

It takes many years of practice and study to understand these symbols and their usage in Taoism.

Taoist don't "draw" from the Tao. We merge with it and become it. In other words, we don't "draw" from it like drawing water from a river; we are the water in the river. Drawing on a faith in God is another way.

Yang and Yin in Taoism refer primarily to behavioral modes in the practice: advance/withdraw or movement/stillness. Also used to describe the two kinds of fire (positive/negative). But not Mag/cosmic force.

There's a famous Taoist saying: "the void that is empty is wrong, the void that is not empty is correct." This is the Taoist way, though much practice to understand.

In Taoism there is not true awakening and something else called enlightenment. There is simply the merging with the Tao.

This is not a criticism of your particular practice in any way, just a clarification.

Sometimes I wish Sean would rename this website the spiritual bums, or metaphysical bums, etc. so that people who come here thinking it's about the Tao of the Taoists won't be confused. And being a devout Taoist I don't like seeing the pure Tao of the Taoists watered down and intermingled to the point where it's no longer recognizable. I really think Sean should at least have separate forums for the non-taoist paths (Hinduism, Buddhism, personal practices or unique conglomerations, etc.) so readers won't be misled.

KAP draws from the best of what is there (Shamanism, Taoism, Buddhism, Tantra, Sufi, Etc) & distilled with out Dogma. A lot of the techniques in KAP are actually taoist and from China & Tibetan and then stem as I have always said before from older systems and "Paths".

Your "taoism" is nothing more than Older Shamanism from Ancient Bon po

& Ancient Persia. All it takes is research to find the truth. It is out there : )

I hate to tell you but it doesn't matter the "Way" if the "ways" work.

its all in the end the same. & Universal.

Its cultivated with out & With in.

Am I purely TAOIST?

No Does it matter?

No not at all.

One of the best Taoists in China who is over 100 years of age is a Christian.

All that matters is understanding "the intention" & the Science of Methodology of things and have actual achievement.

Theory means NOTHING in the real world of energy work.

Peace

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

5) Thunder & Lightning

7) Cosmic force (Yang)

Peace

Santiago

nice!

Can't wait to do the training.

The Tao that can be limited is not the eternal Tao.

This is like mistaking the false mind for the true mind.

I've learned personally from Taoists who teach drawing in energy--- Masters Tseng Chen and Master Waysun Liao for starters.

Sometimes I wish Sean would rename this website the spiritual bums, or metaphysical bums, etc. so that people who come here thinking it's about the Tao of the Taoists won't be confused. And being a devout Taoist I don't like seeing the pure Tao of the Taoists watered down and intermingled to the point where it's no longer recognizable. I really think Sean should at least have separate forums for the non-taoist paths (Hinduism, Buddhism, personal practices or unique conglomerations, etc.) so readers won't be misled. This forum is called "Taoist Discussion" but more often then not what you find here is not a Taoist discussion. Is this right?

Santiago was sharing his way.

I think you are attempting to share your way.

It seems unlikely that any one would mistake The Tao Bums "Taoist Discussion" for any kind of orthodoxy.

If you feel that people reading the Tao Bums need such protection from being taught wrong views about Taoism there is a vast internet out there to be policed. Why start here? How can you worry about the newbies? People have to form their own opinions and sort through information. That's what it means to be an adult.

If you have more to share about what your understanding of the Tao is, or of what Taoists do, or don't do I think you should start your own thread on that subject.

Maybe you could call that thread "Taoist Discussion"

In my opinion your attempt to limit even what is Yin/Yang dynamic is just plain wrong, or at least to try to discuss in only a couple of sentences is futile.

It seems that a lot of people here like to discuss things that are only loosely related to Taoism.

I don't think there are that many "devout Taoists" here.

Certainly it is quite likely that those who do term themselves as such could well disagree with their counterparts as to what that actually means.

To broadly say what Taoists do and don't do is to exhibit tremendous faith in your knowledge of what ALL Taoists are and what all Taoists practice. I don't think there are many if any people who can encompass all of that knowledge.

Rather than sniping at someone's contribution to the ongoing community you should think about how you can add to it (of course I acknowledge I am currently sniping at you :-) ).

IMO there is a lot of value here if you have an open and flexible attitude. If you are searching only for Taoist discussion I think you need to rethink why you are here at The Tao BUMS. I think the name speaks volumes about the overarching attitude of this place.

While you are discussing the approach of merging with the Tao perhaps you could start by merging with the Tao of the TaoBums to really understand what it is about and discover how you can establish a useful relationship with it and those who participate in this wonderful chaos.

Relax. Enjoy.

Or don't.

Peace

Craig

OK. I see. no problem. I will. <withdraws>

Personally from my experience of studying Taoism from various Masters, I have to agree with what Tao99 originally said. Taoism seems to be the nothingness or void to us people from the "West" but inactuality it is a guide book for life and your social interaction is necessary to help all human beings enter the kingdom of God. This then secures your own place. All of the Neigong is to keep you at your own peak performance to do this duty as well as possible. In fact "The 8 Pillars of Taoism" is Taoism. These then manifest as health, happiness, wisdom & longevity. :blink: But only when it is practised is it in the Tao. Many blessings to you all. Mo Tzu.

what santiago posted is meant to be used with various techniques taught in kap. 5point breathing, microcosmic orbit, macrocosmic orbit, bone breathing, hair breathing ect... can incorporate all of these "ingredients"

The chakras and tummo incorporate the appropriate ones.

Its where the energy for the practices comes from.

"merging with the tao" would come after you have established your proficiency with chi.

^_^

Labels, Labels.

Petrol/Gasoline is the same no matter you buy it for the BMW the Toyota the Ford, so doesn't matter IMO.

Merely gives us more intellectual boxes and labels to play with.

Bonpo, Zarostrism (spelling!!!) Vajrayana, Mikkyo, Shamanic, all play with the same gasoline and drive you home choose whichever car fells comfy or comes with optional extras.

Me I like the BMW.

Simon

I agree completely. It would be more honest to name these forums "spiritualbums". The name "taobums" is a little deceptive. However, that said, if a person who comes here is not an idiot, they'll understand right away what's what. Even newbies will be able to understand if they apply their mind. If any newbie asks, what are the primary source texts of Taoism and reads those, they'll understand that 80% of tao bums is against those texts! Especially Chuang Tzu. Almost everything being discussed on this forum is contrary Chuang Tzu's message. This doesn't bother anyone, and I don't even know if it should bother anyone. But a wise person will read the 3 books (Tao Te Ching, Chuang Tzu, and Lieh Tzu) and then understand right away what's what.

In fact, how often does discussion of any passages from any of these books occur? Who here read Chuang Tzu and Lieh Tzu? Probably very few people. I bet most read Tao Te Ching and that's that. Considering that Chuang Tzu is the #2 sage of Taoism, how he is completely ignored on Taobums is crazy.

Theory means NOTHING in the real world of energy work.

That's a very extreme statement to make. I find it absurd.

how do you KAPers like having 400 practices to choose from? it doesn't get overwhelming having such a large arsenal of artillery ? :huh:

Yes it is overwhelming..... and it can be difficult just getting to grips with one set of practices then the next week it's even more cool stuff to try to learn. I actually like it when Santi goes traveling and we get a week off :D I wonder what a seminar must be like :blink:

But I've been picking and choosing practices all my life so KAP isn't that much of a change. And you don't have to practice everything all the time (unless you want to) I find there are some things I really like, others not so much, and some days I just feel like doing something different.

What was the big bonus is that KAP integrated into my life. Yes I know everything is suppose to integrate into your life. But KAP was the process that actually made that connection for me :)

I'm very grateful to Santi for this gift, thank you _/\_

Yes it is overwhelming..... and it can be difficult just getting to grips with one set of practices then the next week it's even more cool stuff to try to learn. I actually like it when Santi goes traveling and we get a week off :D I wonder what a seminar must be like :blink:

But I've been picking and choosing practices all my life so KAP isn't that much of a change. And you don't have to practice everything all the time (unless you want to) I find there are some things I really like, others not so much, and some days I just feel like doing something different.

What was the big bonus is that KAP integrated into my life. Yes I know everything is suppose to integrate into your life. But KAP was the process that actually made that connection for me :)

I'm very grateful to Santi for this gift, thank you _/\_

_/\_

:)

Yeah personally I like the idea of having tons of practices to choose from.

It's making me want to take the course finally...but we'll see.

KAP 1 is actually fairly well organized and the practices fit into one another very nicely. Before I started, reading the syllabus made it look like a mess. In fact, the only reason I signed on was due to my intuition. Having taken most of it, the practices are coherent. Each is like a thread that weaves into a larger whole.

how do you KAPers like having 400 practices to choose from? it doesn't get overwhelming having such a large arsenal of artillery ? :huh:

KAP 1 is actually fairly well organized and the practices fit into one another very nicely. Before I started, reading the syllabus made it look like a mess. In fact, the only reason I signed on was due to my intuition. Having taken most of it, the practices are coherent. Each is like a thread that weaves into a larger whole.

lol seems like its the same case with everybody...i signed on when only one class was up and sign-ups were about to close the next day