Sign in to follow this  
karen

Summer job ideas

I'm writing on behalf of my niece, who's 25 and is looking for work for the summer. She's currently in Florida but is looking to go somewhere else, even internationally, for May-Aug or some part of that time. She could pay airfare, and could consider working in exchange for room and board.

She's a writer and has taught English, so she could be a research assistant for a writer. She's also interested in human rights work, and would be interested in an internship in that area, or working in some kind of clinic, but really she's open to any kind of work that's helping people.

Since graduating college in '06 she's lived in Korea, Costa Rica, and now FL. Oh, and she's super smart, creative, talented, and a really nice person!

(She's also looking for longer-term career opportunities in the area of human rights/international relations, but is having some difficulty finding out what types of jobs are available in that field, what training/education is required, etc.)

Any ideas or referrals?

Thanks,

Karen

I'm writing on behalf of my niece, who's 25 and is looking for work for the summer. She's currently in Florida but is looking to go somewhere else, even internationally, for May-Aug or some part of that time. She could pay airfare, and could consider working in exchange for room and board.

She's a writer and has taught English, so she could be a research assistant for a writer. She's also interested in human rights work, and would be interested in an internship in that area, or working in some kind of clinic, but really she's open to any kind of work that's helping people.

Since graduating college in '06 she's lived in Korea, Costa Rica, and now FL. Oh, and she's super smart, creative, talented, and a really nice person!

(She's also looking for longer-term career opportunities in the area of human rights/international relations, but is having some difficulty finding out what types of jobs are available in that field, what training/education is required, etc.)

Any ideas or referrals?

Thanks,

Karen

hi karen - your niece might try googling 'the coady institute of international studies' at st francis xavier university in antigonish, nova scotia. it's been around a while, quite well known internationally.

i know they're occasionally hiring, ongoing program development and all. at least might get some leads.

Sign in to follow this