Sign in to follow this  
Taoist81

The 10/31 Project

I can't play the video*; Please give me a short briefing.

Thanks!

* I won't repeat the mistake of installing a newer Flash player. Messy software.

I can't play the video*; Please give me a short briefing.

Thanks!

* I won't repeat the mistake of installing a newer Flash player. Messy software.

A summary can't do it justice, but...

Spoilers : )....

The segment is a satire of Glenn Beck's recent 9/12 project. The quote that was referred to above was one that Glenn Beck made on September 9th 2005, a few years before he started touting his website and "project" to remember the way "we" (he excludes anyone who doesn't believe in God or who doesn't espouse "conservative" values) felt/acted after 9/11. His quote was:

"This is horrible to say, and I wonder if I'm alone in this," Beck said on his radio program that day, "you know it took me about a year to start hating the 9/11 victims' families? I don't hate all of them. I hate probably about 10 of them. But when I see a 9-11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh, shut up!' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining. And we did our best for them."

Colbert emphasises this with his own line: "The 9-12 project is not for families directly affected by 9/11, just people building their careers on it,"

Another great element of the segment is Colbert's depiction of how most people actually felt right after 9/11....but standing on stage in a gas mask and athletic cup with a shotgun...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/01/s...r_n_181673.html

Sign in to follow this