Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Taoism or Hinduism

They are all owned by Dinosaurs!

We have like a billion years to go before we are even representing on the large scale.

How's that for some perspective Tao boy?

Seriously..if you take the Lemurian and Atlantean mythology to be true-Michael Winn definetly does- Taoism comes from Lemuria which is like 100,000 years old or something. Supposedly Hawaii is what's left of it. And Atlantis is where " Fire practices" were developed along with technology. Fire practices are more what you read about in Hindu Tantra I think.

So Tao/Water/Yin practices would be older.

Of course this mythology may very well be complete bullshit.

But I was watching a special about the 7 wonders of the world today and it is pretty hard to beleive the Great Pyramid was built by a primitive civilization, you know?

What is it about us that we think that older is better, or more authentic? Don't get me wrong, I do it too...I catch myself thinking that way all the time. Then I have to reason with myself that newer can be better, even an improvement on the old. But there is some human idea that seems to be universal, that we're all looking for the "original" teaching, and that somehow everything else is an adulturation of that. Maybe it IS some sort of collective memory of a lost civilization we're all trying to rediscover.

For what it's worth, my understanding of the Atlantis story, is that the first stream of knowledge went to India, and from there travelled East, and the later stream, which was both more degraded from the earlier ideas, but also more refined with newer improvements, went to Egypt and from there travelled West.

What is it about us that we think that older is better, or more authentic? Don't get me wrong, I do it too...I catch myself thinking that way all the time. Then I have to reason with myself that newer can be better, even an improvement on the old. But there is some human idea that seems to be universal, that we're all looking for the "original" teaching, and that somehow everything else is an adulturation of that. Maybe it IS some sort of collective memory of a lost civilization we're all trying to rediscover.

For what it's worth, my understanding of the Atlantis story, is that the first stream of knowledge went to India, and from there travelled East, and the later stream, which was both more degraded from the earlier ideas, but also more refined with newer improvements, went to Egypt and from there travelled West.

7742[/snapback]

i agree. older is not necessarily better. and it's often worse.

i think the error results from our efforts to find spiritual roots. when it becomes an intellectual or metnal exercise it turns into a historical thing. then we argue about history and authenticity. but really it should be a spiritual exercise in which the internal roots, the roots within our own psyches in the spiritual world, are searched for.

the roots are within our soul.

Sign in to follow this