Sign in to follow this  
Gerard

Eggs

I have been buying eggs in a local fruit shop for the last couple of years. They were providing three different brands and all certified organic and yaba-yaba. However, for the last month or saw all those brands eggs are fake: taste, yolk colour, smell. They can't trick an old dog like me.

Question: Where can I buy decent eggs living in the city where I live?

Thanks.

I have been buying eggs in a local fruit shop for the last couple of years. They were providing three different brands and all certified organic and yaba-yaba. However, for the last month or saw all those brands eggs are fake: taste, yolk colour, smell. They can't trick an old dog like me.

Thanks.

it's certain that poor quality food interferes with everything else you're trying to do. indigestion and meditation

for example.

got any space for a couple of laying hens? fun to raise, you know what they're fed, and eggs don't come any fresher.

got any space for a couple of laying hens? fun to raise, you know what they're fed, and eggs don't come any fresher.

And you can ensure that the hens are treated properly. Chickens are probably the most tormented animals around today. Well, the industrial caged ones, anyway.

...got any space for a couple of laying hens? fun to raise, you know what they're fed, and eggs don't come any fresher.

I wish I could but I live in an apartment. Maybe I could keep the hens in the balcony! :lol:

Thanks.

Chickens are probably the most tormented animals around today. Well, the industrial caged ones, anyway.

Probably humans. Well, the chinese and african, anyway. :mellow:

Out current system destroys everything. Let more and more people want organic food and you will get the perversion of mass produced organic food and of course more and more fraud.

BTW I tink this thread belongs to the "Off Topic" forum. :D

Edited by Hardyg

Thanks.

What are the brand names

We have 4 chickens in the back yard and it has worked out well for us.

I've heard that there are lots of classifications of eggs and there are some out there that are genuinely free run and not just free run because there's "technically" a way to the outside for them. Maybe research and request the store to carry them?

Another thought, is that where I live in SC there are lots of grandchild/grandmother business teams and that sort of thing who sell their back yard eggs and you can pick them up on a regular basis. Ask around or try Craigslist.

Your pal,

Yoda

They could still be organic and such, it all depends on what they are fed. If you want better tasting eggs, find some that aren't fed feed. That's a sure fire way to get better taste. I would just hit your local farmers market and talk to the people there.

What are the brand names

Knotsbury Farm. I just sent them an e-mail with negative feedback. Last time I will buy that brand.

Bad karma to them for cheating and treating inhumanely the poor hard-working chickens.

I forgot the names of two other brands I used to buy in my local fruit shop but as of late both failed my test. Their eggs were tasteless and far from being organic and free range as the labels state. Laid by birds fed with God knows what. Very unfortunate because both brands used to sell excellent eggs.

I came across this info:

http://www.choice.com.au/viewArticleAsOnePage.aspx?id=106393

http://www.coles.com.au/about/info/media_r...n_laid_eggs.asp

I will buy next time Sunny Queen barn laid eggs and see.

Anicca, anicca :lol:

Sign in to follow this