Sign in to follow this  
markern

Herbs for memory/brainpower/concentration

I am on some medication at the moment that has temporarily reduced my memory radicaly. In the beginning I didn`t have this side effect but it`s been showeing up for the last few months. I am getting of the meds now since I don`t need them anymore and to get rid of the memory problem. However, it takes time to get off them because I have to reduce the intake slowly to avoid heavy withdrawel symptoms. So for a month or two I will hae realy poor memory. That makes me desperate since I am a student and I can`t remember much of what I am reading. So I am looking for herbs to boost memory for a short while. I am willing to take bigger risks with amount and mix of herbs than otherwise since it is for such a short time and I am a bit desperate. Can anyone recomend me a herb or a combination of them?

Oooops. This post was accidental so it's been edited below. Mo Tzu.

Edited by Mo Tzu

Gotu kola Centella asiatica is good for the brain in a number of ways.

Two leaves per day or as tea or caps.

It actualy has a similar shape to the brain.

centella_asiatica.jpg

Edited by mat black

I am on some medication at the moment that has temporarily reduced my memory radicaly. In the beginning I didn`t have this side effect but it`s been showeing up for the last few months. I am getting of the meds now since I don`t need them anymore and to get rid of the memory problem. However, it takes time to get off them because I have to reduce the intake slowly to avoid heavy withdrawel symptoms. So for a month or two I will hae realy poor memory. That makes me desperate since I am a student and I can`t remember much of what I am reading. So I am looking for herbs to boost memory for a short while. I am willing to take bigger risks with amount and mix of herbs than otherwise since it is for such a short time and I am a bit desperate. Can anyone recomend me a herb or a combination of them.

:rolleyes:

http://www.taohealingarts.com/gt715.html

May Light Shine Across The Faces Of The Human Race. Maybe we Were Born Only To Help Each Other, Maybe There Is Nothing Else.

http://www.taohealingarts.com/index.html :rolleyes:

Hi Markern,

Herb Brahmi ( Bacopa monniera) is widely used in ayurvedic medicine for memory improvement.

It can be taken internally or you do a head message with its oil.

There is also ginko biloba used by many for thousands of years to keep memory sharp, , however a recent

study found it may cause stroke.

Colloidal Gold has been mentioned to improve memory.

There is a FU (talisman) you can request from our temple called "Literacy Brainpower FU". This FU is to be carried around your neck or place around the working area to improve working effeciency and also give you more brainpower, increase of memory, etc,. You can give it a try.

Gingko Biloba is good for circulation and brainpower. Fish Oil high in EDA is really good for brainfog.

Ginkgo and fish oil are the ones I know of. And do cardio (as long as cleared by your doctor with medical issue) to boost oxygen and perfusion to your brain and clear drugs from your system quicker.

I agree with zanshin and Easynow, make some Ginkgo tea (I have mine with a touch of honey)

Quite effective in countering short term memory loss from other herbs B)

Im not being a downer, just asking if anyone knows about the effects of longterm usage of ginko biloba on vein/artery walls especially in the brain?

Thanks for the input guys. I have started using ginko and it feels like it helps a bit. I have also been massaging my extreemly tight and sore kidney meridian on my legs and that help a good bit by sending energy to the kidneys wich then helped my brain. My accupuncturist also finaly found a point that helps my brain. I told him it was sort of in the middle of my brain and behind the eyes I felt dryed out and out of energy so he sat a needle on the outside of the leg three finger lenghts from the top of the calf and then a bit to the side (can`t remember the name) that helped a good bit.

Anyway, I have booked an ayurvedic cleansing++ for easter. I got the idea and deceided yesterday. I am going on sunday and I get three whole days of treatments. I am hoping that will somehow help. At least it should help with general energy etc. and help with some other stuff such as my stomach, spleen and pancreas. I will consult the doctor there to get a tailored package of ayurvedic mind herbs.

Does anyone know of good acupoints. As I said it feels like my midbrain and the area behind the eyes is drained and dried out.

Sign in to follow this