Sign in to follow this  
DaoChild

What Am I? What is beyond I?

mind (buddhist term for soul, or true self) is not a thing that can be shown or described. language describes things, using comparison to other things, but mind is not a thing, mind is not form. there is no substance to mind.. beyond I is nothing. but not nothing in the nihilistic "ah fuck it, nothing exists i'm going to rape bitches!" not that nothing, but no-thing. see this is the limitation of language. theres 'something' there, beyond the I, but the I has to surrender and give up grasping wholly.

any attempt to find and grasp Mind is going in the opposite direction. this is the I. the I can not experience God, only God can experience God, because the I is not real. its all just a big misunderstanding. no big deal. :)

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. -Mark Twain

It's a vague, paradoxical question - and I apologize for that.

But what is beyond I?

I'm stuck.

Spirit without ego and mind. Pure awareness. But remember it is no you. "I" is a mind-ego creation to position yourself in the world. Look in the eyes of children to realise how close are humans to their true nature.

There are 100 times more aware than than adults.

I see, thank you for your responses.

So is there no-thing beyond I - or everything beyond I?

If "I" denotes beyond my physical body, what is beyond my invisible (true?) nature? Dao? One cosmic puddle whether there is no illusion of separateness?

Spirit without ego and mind. Pure awareness. But remember it is no you. "I" is a mind-ego creation to position yourself in the world. Look in the eyes of children to realise how close are humans to their true nature.

There are 100 times more aware than than adults.

if enlightenment is being one with your true nature, and children are one with their true nature, then enlightenment means being a cry baby? :blink: hehehe. i don't particularly agree with this common taoist view. ken wilber talks about this, calls it the pre/trans fallacy. buddhism also addresses this because children are not born pure, but rather with negative karmic imprints (negative view and habits) from former lives

But what is beyond I?

I'm stuck.

I don't think it's a vague question though there definitely is paradox involved.

The way "I" see it, "I" is the sum total of the activity of the brain's thought processes.

Beyond "I" is reality.

But what is beyond I?

I'm stuck.

Nothing is beyond, there is no "I" and no beyond.

There is no inner and outer. Self is just a word that society has put together. And by cultural demand the naturalness in mankind has been destroyed.

That is why you feel stocked and life seems to be without meaning. The "I" is nothing but a thought, something that has already passed, so in fact it's all dead.

Edited by Guest

But what is beyond I?

I'm stuck.

You're not stuck. I think mostly you are lazy. :)

What does it mean for you to be yourself? Have you examined that? What are your findings? When you get a good grasp on what it means for you to be yourself, you'll know what is beyond that as well.

As it is, people are just giving you unreliable information and you're taking it for granted it seems.

But what is beyond I?

I'm stuck.

Good for you.

Keep contemplating "What is beyond i"

At some point you will know

It is not an intellectual answer.

Sign in to follow this