GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

"..Look at the sky as often as possible and your thoughts will become light and clear. Be quiet a lot, speak little – and silence will come in your heart, and your spirit will be calm and full of peace.”

Saint Seraphim of Sarov

Whole quote:  “Drink water from the spring where horses drink. The horse will never drink bad water. Lay your bed where the cat sleeps. Eat the fruit that has been touched by a worm. Boldly pick the mushroom on which the insects sit. Plant the tree where the mole digs. Build your house where the snake sits to warm itself. Dig your fountain where the birds hide from the heat. Go to sleep and wake up at the same time with the birds – you will reap all of the days' golden grains. Eat more green – you will have strong legs and a resistant heart, like the beings of the forest. Swim often and you will feel on earth like the fish in the water. Look at the sky as often as possible and your thoughts will become light and clear. Be quiet a lot, speak little – and silence will come in your heart, and your spirit will be calm and full of peace.”

Saint Seraphim of Sarov

addon: Canonized in 1903  Seraphim, saint of Russia's nuclear weapons, wth.  and he's done a good job, undoubtedly whispering to Lieutenant Colonel Stansilov Petrov in 1983, who decided not to forward the signal to launch. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 4

"The world is a great paradox that revolves in the universe. At this rate, little by little the owners of the planet will prohibit hunger and thirst, so that there is no shortage of bread and water"

Eduardo Galeano

"The search for a spiritual path is born out of suffering. It does not start with lights and ecstasy, but with the hard tacks of pain, disappointment, and confusion. However, for suffering to give birth to a genuine spiritual search, it must amount to more than something passively received from without. It has to trigger an inner realization, a perception which pierces through the facile complacency of our usual encounter with the world to glimpse the insecurity perpetually gaping underfoot. When this insight dawns, even if only momentarily, it can precipitate a profound personal crisis. It overturns accustomed goals and values, mocks our routine preoccupations, leaves old enjoyments stubbornly unsatisfying." - Bhikkhu Bodhi

2 hours ago, zerostao said:

You should probably trust your gut the first time.

Lots of flora and fauna's existence is counting on that!

“If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live” ― Lin Yutang

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Nights are not old 
nor are the days 
they come and they go.

Yet the coming and going of day and night 
whispers into my ear to wake up.

So that you and I 
could dance with the miracle 
of each moment 
in this journey of living life 
before we return."

*Tempa Dukte Lama Rinpoche*

• Like 6

17 hours ago, steve said:

So that you and I 
could dance with the miracle 
of each moment 

so beautiful

• Like 1

just now, Gold-

Your “level of advancement” is known by your ability to stay centered and balanced. By how much joy and love you genuinely feel/share.   from Dwai

• Like 3

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

H.P. Lovecraft

• Like 1

"As long as Man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings, he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love"

Pythagoras

• Like 1

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said,

but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Attributed to Robert McCloskey

"When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques, and churches become important."

---  J. Krishnamurti

• Like 4

"Together we can do only evil, all good things are accomplished on one's own." -- Leo Tolstoy

• Like 2

On 3/3/2022 at 5:51 AM, Taomeow said:

“Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.” — Rumi

So you like Rumi now, do you?

One of the greatest ancient teachers.

Lots of wisdom:

Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.

Wonderful! :)

I still remember this quote my Bagua teacher told me when I started my journey. Little I knew back then. 

"Gold Yang in Jade Yin unlocks a vibrant health of the body." 

Jade Writing (Yellow Court Classic) by Imios Archangelis

I signed up on Tim Ferriss' email list and this is a quote from Aldous Huxley he included as part of his "Friday Five."  To me, it feels like good advice, especially given the news.

“It’s dark because you’re trying too hard,” said Susila. “Dark because you want it to be light. Remember what you used to tell me when I was a little girl. ‘Lightly, child, lightly. You’ve got to learn to do everything lightly. Think lightly, act lightly, feel lightly. Yes, feel lightly, even though you’re feeling deeply. Just lightly let things happen and lightly cope with them.’ I was so preposterously serious in those days, such a humorless little prig. Lightly, lightly—it was the best advice ever given me.

Well, now I’m going to say the same thing to you, Lakshmi . . . Lightly, my darling, lightly. Even when it comes to dying. Nothing ponderous, or portentous, or emphatic. No rhetoric, no tremolos, no self-conscious persona putting on its celebrated imitation of Christ or Goethe or Little Nell. And, of course, no theology, no metaphysics. Just the fact of dying and the fact of the Clear Light.

So throw away all your baggage and go forward. There are quicksands all about you, sucking at your feet, trying to suck you down into fear and self-pity and despair. That’s why you must walk so lightly. Lightly, my darling. On tiptoes; and no luggage, not even a sponge bag. Completely unencumbered.”

— From Island by Aldous Huxley

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

“It is easier to fool people than to convince them that they’ve been fooled.”

—-Mark Twain

• Like 1