GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent".

Eleanor Roosevelt      

SERVING

Serving magnifies, ennobles, emancipates and strengthens.
When he serves himself, there is forgetfulness of his own smallness and conjugation of forces in creative purposes.
Serving with a purpose of goodness, without premeditated self-interest, is for simple, free and magnanimous souls,
In Nature, giving is the measure of progress. Just receiving is a source of misery and misery. It is received as it is given, and if we take more than what is deserved or owed, like the drone, we complicate our existence and lose the opportunity to appreciate the meaning of reality, of life. The lake that only receives water, and does not output it, becomes a swamp ...
Service is the measure of the soul. Mean and petty souls skimp on Service; free and magnanimous souls forget themselves and are always dedicated to greatness.
If you can do a service, do it. Not doing it being able to do it, you lower yourself in your moral category and lower your Spiritual stature. Service strengthens, expands consciousness, and frees us from our own ills and problems.
If you can be kind now, be so.
If you are lucky enough to be able to do good, do it.
If you can plant a tree, plant it,
If you have the happiness of having a loved one, love him even more.
If you can destroy an obstacle that hurts, do it at once.
If you can wash away a few tears, pat them dry and avoid them.
If you can take care of a flower, take care of it.
If you have a garden, endeavor to take good care of it.
If you are offered the opportunity to teach what you know, teach.
If you find that you need to improve yourself, get better at once.
If you can give an understanding smile, give it without fail.
If you can help the fallen or the maligned, lend it to them immediately.
Don't skimp on your strength. Learn to give yourself, to serve, to be great in all circumstances and everywhere, without premeditating results in your favor.
By Serving Others You Serve Yourself If you have hatreds, dispel them, for they are your worst poison; He immediately turns to the best antidote: Service.
Serving is synonymous with being great.
When sadness, pessimism, unfounded doubt or malevolence catch you in its invisible clutches, surrender to Service.
Service disarms the enemy, conquers the unjust, destroys misunderstanding, subdues the insane and drives away the wicked, and at the same time restores joy and beauty. SERVING is a privilege.
TO SERVE is to strive, and there is no life without effort. If you do not make an effort, then you do not really live nor can you appreciate the immeasurable wonders and ineffable beauties of Life.
SERVING, always SERVING, is the norm of sensible, beautiful, useful Life: SERVING in great gestures, in great sacrifices, as well as in simple details and simple acts, of dignifying the individual, of maintaining order or cleanliness, of to take care of the beauty or to help the innocence around us. SERVING is, really, cultivating the creative sense of Life.
TO SERVE is to Live superlatively. Not serving is vegetarian. If you cannot improve what you do not like, do not criticize it if you are not able to overcome what already exists, do not profane it with your decision or your influence, and if you do not know how to be more than others, let them produce splendor of a better creation
TO SERVE is to rise up and make yourself worthy. Who respects himself Serves well, always.
TO SERVE is to strengthen oneself. WHEN SERVING we vitalize ourselves, we gain experience and develop better and greater energies, and we harmoniously polarize ourselves with the environment.
SERVING is acquiring sympathy, it is attracting the goodness, admiration and respect of others to oneself.
If you are sincere, ask yourself every day: How can I be useful? Who can I do good to? What improvement can I make? How can I SERVE?
The most beautiful word in the dictionary is SERVE
The best title of honor that can be in this world is: THE ONE WHO SERVES.

Dayananda OM

• Like 1

You need power, only when you intend to do harm; otherwise, love is enough to get everything done.

—-Charlie Chaplin

• Thanks 1

I've been pondering this one from different perspectives:

“Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others.”
― Otto von Bismarck

2 minutes ago, el_tortugo said:

I've been pondering this one from different perspectives:

“Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others.”
― Otto von Bismarck

Apt quote to identify one of the greatest schemers in the world history: Otto von Bismarck made a highly successful political career out of using people as pawns and he was in no way shy in making use of the flaws of others.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, virtue said:

Apt quote to identify one of the greatest schemers in the world history: Otto von Bismarck made a highly successful political career out of using people as pawns and he was in no way shy in making use of the flaws of others.

Reminds me of Cecil Rhodes for some reason.

I don't know much about Otto, but versions of the quote are everywhere.

• Like 1

Solitude, I reflected, is the one deep necessity of the human spirit to which adequate recognition is never given in our codes. It is looked upon as a discipline or a penance, but hardly ever as the indispensable, pleasant ingredient it is to ordinary life, and from this want of recognition come half our domestic troubles. The fear of an unbroken téte-å-téte for the rest of one’s life should, you would think, prevent any person from getting married.

Modern education ignores the need for solitude: hence a decline in religion, in poetry, in all the deeper affections of the spirit: a disease to be doing something always, as if one could never sit quietly and let the puppet show unroll itself before one: an inability to lose oneself in mystery and wonder while, like a wave lifting us into new seas, the history of the world develops around us. 

~ Freya Stark, The Valleys of the Assassins

• Like 3

MY GOD DOES NOT WAKE UP

MY GOD DOESN'T WANT

MY GOD DOESN'T FEEL

MY GOD DOES NOT BLEED

MY GOD IS NOT COMING

MY GOD IS NOT

Raul Zurita.

• Thanks 1

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” - Dune 

Revisiting Dune and finding little nuggets.

• Like 3

Is God on your side? Is he a conservative?

The devil is on my side and he's a good communist

Josef Stalin

"There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say, we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know." - Donald Rumsfeld

Be near with the trees so they can teach your soul that every time the winds of change comes all you have to do is to sway.

Juansen Dizon

• Like 2

“The total number of minds in the universe is one. In fact, consciousness is a singularity phasing within all beings.” 

Erwin Schrödinger

• Thanks 1

“But there must be some pleasure in condemning everything--in perceiving faults where others think they see beauties.'

'You mean there is pleasure in having no pleasure.”

Voltaire, Candide

• Like 1

"Give everyday the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life."

---Mark Twain

"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairytales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."

---Albert Einstein

when i was a kid, i thought those two; mark twain and albert einstein, were the same person.

• Like 4

"When you see your matter going black, rejoice, you are the beginning of the work"

Rosarium Philosophorum

"Anarchism means not the bomb-in-the-pocket stuff, which is terrorism, whatever name it tries to dignify itself with, not the social-Darwinist economic 'libertarianism' of the far right, but anarchism as prefigured in early Taoist thought … its principal moral–practical theme is cooperation (solidarity, mutual aid). It is the most idealistic, and to me the most interesting, of all political theories." -- Ursula K. Le Guin